PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't 5.0gen iPod 'video' support the 'search' feature?

lamina
Jun 3, 2007, 01:24 AM
I found this (http://www.apple.com/ipod/features.html?feature=Search) just now.

Why doesn't the 5th generation (first video-capable iPod) feature this?!!?! I would love this feature. If it's something as simple as them simply limiting the firmware to make people buy the newer iPod, I'm gonna be pretty T-O'd.

dukebound85
Jun 3, 2007, 01:32 AM
i think it is a case of that to be honest. im upset as well

kuebby
Jun 3, 2007, 10:49 AM
I would agree that it has to be them limiting the firmware since the only two things that have been touted as differences between 5G and 5.5G are battery life and screen brightness. (Other than upping the capacity of the 60GB model obviously.)

psychofreak
Jun 3, 2007, 11:07 AM
I would agree that it has to be them limiting the firmware since the only two things that have been touted as differences between 5G and 5.5G are battery life and screen brightness. (Other than upping the capacity of the 60GB model obviously.)

Don't forget the scroll letter overlay...

dylan
Jun 3, 2007, 11:37 AM

Oddly enough, that is present in the 5th gen after an update.

mkrishnan
Jun 3, 2007, 11:54 AM
So is the 5.5G full size iPod the only one that has this feature, or does the latest Nano also have it?

calculus
Jun 3, 2007, 11:56 AM

I really hate that, I find it slows me down rather than helps. Is there any way to disable it?

Erendiox
Jun 3, 2007, 01:59 PM
So is the 5.5G full size iPod the only one that has this feature, or does the latest Nano also have it?

I have the latest nano, and yes, it has the search function.

Cheers :)

lamina
Jun 3, 2007, 07:37 PM
Well I sent feedback to Apple.. as if they'll read it, but what else can I do? I really really want this feature, and I'm definitely not buying another iPod just to get it.

Submit feedback (http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipod.html). Maybe they'll listen (ha). I can just see it now... Feeback -> /dev/null