Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

divefroggy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Singapore
Hi guys, I need some help here. Until yesterday, my iMac G3 slot is working fine, but today, I can't power it up. When I press the power button, the light just flash and then went off. I've opened it up to check the PRAM batt and also checked if there are any shorts on the logic board. All looked ok to me. The HDD is working fine and I supposed the power supply unit is fine too. Please help and advice on this. Thanx!!

Sherman Homan

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2006
The HDD is working fine and I supposed the power supply unit is fine too.
If the iMac won't power up how do you know the hard drive is working fine? What makes you think the power supply is OK? Sounds like it could be a blown logic board, burned out processor or fried power supply. :(

divefroggy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Singapore
If the iMac won't power up how do you know the hard drive is working fine? What makes you think the power supply is OK? Sounds like it could be a blown logic board, burned out processor or fried power supply. :(

Well, as I've said, it was working fine till yesterday. I hope it's not the logic board. If it's the PSU, where do I get a replacement for the power supply? I'm living in Singapore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.