Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
or the mini-firewire? (lol at all the companies giving the port their own name)

Aren't they used for the camera?

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
The accessories I have are the EyeToy camera and the Karaoke Revolution mic, both of which work on your Mac.

You can also hook up a keyboard for certain games for text chatting. I know you could use it Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, for example.

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
I believe there are, or are supposed to have been, a few games where you could connect two PS2s together using firewire and play multiplayer games. I believe Grand Turismo 3 has this capability.

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
Light Gun games use the USB port for the uh.. light gun attachment.

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
Keyboards, mice, printers, EyeToy, flash drives, headsets, microphones, force feedback steering wheels, charging stuff like your iPod or PSP (PSP if you have the right cable)

The mini FW port was used for linking together units. It was axed in the SCPH-50001 revision of the machine (Version 9)

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I believe there are, or are supposed to have been, a few games where you could connect two PS2s together using firewire and play multiplayer games. I believe Grand Turismo 3 has this capability.

Yep, GT3 has this, and I actually even used it a couple times. It's a pain though, because you have to have 2 PS2s, 2 TVs, 2 copies of the game, and it's not all that much better than split screen really.

mar4ela

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2008
The accessories I have are the EyeToy camera and the Karaoke Revolution mic, both of which work on your Mac.

You can also hook up a keyboard for certain games for text chatting. I know you could use it Metal Gear Solid 3: clomid Subsistence, for example.

I used a k/b when playing SOCOM. I think also a mouse can be used as a pointer rather than the controller.

Lincoln 6 Echo

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2005
If you're not streaming/networked to your PS3 through ethernet or WiFi, it's a great way to transfer files from a computer to your PS3 -- via USB flashdrive/ jumpdrive (movies, music, photos, etc.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.