PDA

View Full Version : When will we see new 12" Powerbooks

MacDuff
Jun 30, 2003, 07:38 PM
Greetings all,
I'm hoping to see an update or speedbump to the 12" Powerbook so I can actually play high-end games like one can on a 15 or 17". Does anyone have a clear estimate of when we can see the next updated 12"? Thanks for the help.

macphoria
Jun 30, 2003, 08:03 PM
New Aluminium 15" PowerBook is due soon. Maybe as early as next month. It is safe to bet that new 15" PowerBook is not going to come out with same 1Ghz G4, probably something faster, definitely 1+GHz. That means 12" PowerBook will get upgraded to 1Ghz right away, because as it stands 867Mhz is lower number than 900Mhz of iBook (even though one is G4 and the other is G3) and they are not going to keep it that way very long.

weev
Jul 1, 2003, 11:19 AM
...and can they add a an ADC port so I can plug my cinema display into it -- surely this is a major error with the current model, if the new 12" has that feature, I buy, if not I don't.

zkmusa
Jul 1, 2003, 12:57 PM
It would be really nice if they added the DVI connection so you can connect a studio display with a converter, but I don't know if that would be too expensive to add?

I bought a Powermac Dual G4 867Mhz Mac last August (first Mac!)... I've enjoyed it so much, I want to buy a companion laptop for it.

So now I'm in the same boat... waiting for a 12" and 15" powerbook update!

Oh well.. time to be patient, I guess. ;)

MacUser1
Jul 1, 2003, 01:25 PM
Apple has held on for a while now with the two Aluminum PowerBooks and the one Titanium PowerBook. Whose to say that when Apple updates the 15" PowerBook, the entire PowerBook line will be updated. This will undoubtably take a longer time before the next update, but isn't it possible?