Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Select your 2 favourite topics

• People

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • White

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Happiness

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Emotion

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Sun

• Completion

• Beginnings

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Closure

• Heat or "Heat of the Moment"

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • The Sky

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Steps

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Here's where you vote for this month's assignment topic! Select your 1 favourite topic. We'll try to finish voting by Friday so that we can begin.

Again, the topic "People" is automatically included because it was the runner-up in the last vote (during Assignment 11).

I did not include the topics:

1. "black and white" because I wasn't sure if this was referring to a style of photography, or simply a reference to black and white things (and I really can't think of any black and white things other than Zebras and some cars at the mo).

2. Tires.
3. Fridge.

Also, I really don't think some of these topics are do-able. They sound great, but is anyone really going to be able to shoot "beginnings" unless it's a photo of a flower bud or baby or something?

Anyway, this is based on your vote, so we'll just have to cross our fingers that the first assignment topic we've had in 6 months is enjoyable for everyone. :)

EDIT: Apparently, my poll doesn't allow anyone to vote for 2 topics. Just vote for your favourite topic

furious

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
Australia
I voted people because I would like to see some great Street photography.

Fridge would have been a great topic. Think how hard it would be to make your fridge artistic. The challenge would have been fun. Though I can see people not liking the topic. The majority. :p

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
And "The sky" has a commanding lead!!

This is great. It's the topic I WANTED to win. It's general enough for every member to be involved, which is a great thing since the only thing that could have dampened the enthusiasm of this long-awaited assignment is a difficult topic. I don't mind a more difficult topic, but starting off easy has its benefits. :)

jayb2000

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2003
RI -> CA -> ME
Crap, The Sky is now 2nd. :mad:

Anyway, I'll take care of this thread once I get home. I'm at uni at the mo.

Double crap, even though I voted for heat, I figured Sky was going to win so I spent an hour this morning try to get some pictures. :mad:

Oh, well, maybe there are some good ones for POTD at least! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.