Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joseph_68

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Well the Sansa is no iPod killer, but nonetheless, I picked one up for just a hundred bucks. However in trying to get it to show up on the Mac Desktop upon connection, I have had luck only once.

I switched the unit to MSC mode so that it would show up as a flash drive on my desktop (like it should), but no luck - worked only one time. I have tried plugging and unplugging it, switching USB modes, etc., nothing - NADA.

Anyone know of a work around? Perhaps I can delete a preference to refresh the recognition of the device?? Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

bloodycape

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2005
California
in MSC mode it should be plain and simple drag and drop. That how my MSC PMP is. I hook it up to my mac and shows up as a portable HD then I drag and drop the file where I want to and there we go its on my device to play.

Br00kieboy

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2008
Sansa e250 won't mount

I can mount it on my MacBookPro, which would be cool if it were my mp3 player. But it's my son's, and he has a Mac mini, 10.4.11 (same OS)

Why? Why? Why?

To get it to mount on the MacBook, I do the dance of plugging in in one mode, unplugging, changing to MSC mode, then plugging in. Works every time.

Love to get some advice. Getting no response on the Sansa forum.

Sabre210

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2008
e250 video format

My Macbook Pro recognizes the Sansa e250 in MSC mode only.

I have ripped dvd's in mp4., avi., and mov.

I have opened the video file in the e250 and dragged and dropped each type of file from the macbook to the video file of the e250.

The e250 only recognizes the mov. file on its title menu. The e250 does not show the avi. or mp4. in the menu. They do show up in the device when opened in MSC mode on the computer. The files are on the device, but for some reason only the mov. shows up on the e250'w menu.

It gets worse. When I click to play the mov. on the device, a screen flashes that says I need to use the converter software to play the file. This is confusing to me. I thought the e250 plays avi. and mp4. Why does it only recognize the mov., and then tell me to convert it? Am I using the wrong bit rate or something when I rip to avi. or mp4.?

This is for my daughter for Christmas. Please help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.