PDA

View Full Version : Apple’s “iPhone ad slip up” reveals “mystery app”

MacBytes
Jun 4, 2007, 04:44 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Apple’s “iPhone ad slip up” reveals “mystery app” (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20070604174442)
Description:: Apple’s “iPhone ad slip up” reveals “mystery app”

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

psychofreak
Jun 4, 2007, 04:46 PM
Yes, yes...nothing that the other threads on this didn't show...

Peace
Jun 4, 2007, 04:47 PM
Misleading..

That story does NOT "reveal" the mystery app.

mklos
Jun 4, 2007, 05:03 PM
Looks like its pointing to the iPhone settings. To me thats hardly a "mystery app". All phones have a settings section.

xtbfx
Jun 4, 2007, 05:07 PM
Looks like its pointing to the iPhone settings. To me thats hardly a "mystery app". All phones have a settings section.

Please read the article before you post. This has nothing to do with the iPhone settings.

crees!
Jun 4, 2007, 05:08 PM

What is interesting to note is that settings *was* in the 3rd column. In the one screenshot it is in the 4th. So that means something in an above row has been added. What, you ask? That we do not know at the moment.

Peace
Jun 4, 2007, 05:12 PM
Put 1+1+1 together.

Updates to the :apple: TV software in "June"

iPhone release in "June"

Leopard revealed in "June"

Can we say linking to the :apple: TV from the iPhone ? ;)

It IS wireless.

psychofreak
Jun 4, 2007, 05:14 PM
Put 1+1+1 together.
*Opens Quicksilver*
*Types 1+1+1*
*Presses tab*
*types "ca"*
*Presses return key*

3!

someguy
Jun 4, 2007, 05:15 PM
Anyone else have a sneaking suspicion that this wasn't a "slip up"?

Methinks Apple enjoys toying with our minds just a little.

psychofreak
Jun 4, 2007, 05:20 PM
Anyone else have a sneaking suspicion that this wasn't a "slip up"?

Methinks Apple enjoys toying with our minds just a helluva lot.

Corrected :)

bdj21ya
Jun 4, 2007, 05:43 PM
I could definitely see them throwing this in there just to feed the fire. At the same time it could be something entirely mundane. I think that the ability to use it with the Apple-TV, possibly even to purchase more content or syncing some new content from iTunes would be cool, but really not all that great, and probably not something they've been working on at this early stage. It would likely be something more integral, more useful for all iPhone owners.

Genghis Khan
Jun 4, 2007, 07:29 PM
please...i knew it was planted there when i saw it...apple are giving us something to tie us over till the end of the month...it's too much of a coincedence that teh only shots we get show us the same things from wo different angles.

but then again, as said in one of the comments after the article, those 'mystery' shots look like someone actually using an iPhone...maybe the mystery app is a beta login/out function?

bobdgil
Jun 4, 2007, 09:22 PM
Wireless Youtube client anyone?

z-man
Jun 5, 2007, 02:31 AM
Well, if there is something there it would have to be something that's either "really special", or something they didn't have developed at the time, or something they thought of along the way, or they are just messing with us.

Sorta leaves it wide open doesn't it? :)

But c'mon... it's gotta be something... 4 across, 4 across, then 3 across? That always has seemed sorta "not symmetrical" enough for me. I mean this is Steve Jobs... the man who wanted OS X to have the blue apple symbol in the top middle of the bar at the top of your Mac (cause it looked better)... remember that? And yeah I know "11" is hard to make symmetrical--exactly my point. LOL I mean..."clock" couldn't that just be put under settings (like in OS X)?... there IS a readable clock (digital) at the top middle of the phone...now granted, it doesn't match the clock icon --LOL--good 'ole AT&T and their crazy "network time"...!

Speculation is fun!

nagromme
Jun 5, 2007, 03:23 AM
Has to be Games. The iPod appeals so much to Windows users for ONE reason: it comes with Freecell !!! :)

Genghis Khan
Jun 5, 2007, 05:36 AM
you mean solataire:D