PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! I-Pod Meltdown

karlinutah
Jun 4, 2007, 11:11 PM
I hope I'm not in trouble, but we have two Ipod's, a nano and a 30 gig wheel Ipod. They've worked wonderfully until tonight. I plugged one of my Ipod's into my computer through a USB port and kept getting a "unknown device" message. Basically my PC was telling me it couldn't communicate with the Ipod. I thought oh'oh, and then detached the ipod from the synch. I then plugged it into the wall synch that I purchased through Apple and I get absolutely nothing. It'd dead to the world. I can't restart it, or recharge it, or reboot it.

At this point I didn't know if it was simply the unit or my IPOd. I next plugged my wifes onto our computer, and guess what SAME FREAKING problem.

So can the USB cable short out a IPOD? Am I up a creek without a paddle on this one everyone? Should I throw my damn PC through the window!!!!????

I did notice that when I tried to troubleshoot through windows with the Nano still connected to the USB, that the NANO became warm extremely fast. I quickly disconnected, but I have no freaking idea if the Nano is fried.

Do I take them both into a Apple service store, or am I looking for warranty papers and getting my computer checked out???

Advice would be appreciated,

kcchristen@comcast.net