PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys, what's shakin.. Where the heck did all the new members come from?

Stelliform
Jul 1, 2003, 11:09 AM
I have been folding, but I have been extremely busy with work. I just checked the team stats and in the last few days dozens and dozens of people have joined the team! Any ideas where the fresh blood is coming from?

britboy
Jul 1, 2003, 11:15 AM
I asked (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?postid=402991#post402991) the same question. It would appear that arn put an article on the front page when we became the highest ranking mac team, and since then dozens of new people have joined the folding effort. :)

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/06/20030628022319.shtml

altivec 2003
Jul 1, 2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Stelliform
I have been folding, but I have been extremely busy with work. I just checked the team stats and in the last few days dozens and dozens of people have joined the team! Any ideas where the fresh blood is coming from?

Edit:
Sorry, i didn't read your post first brittboy, but we thought the same thing...

Are you complainin?...;). The reason why I just started is cause I realized that I didn't need to be connected to the internet to use it. I just have to dial in to send a WU. I think it is a good thing that we are getting so many new users, and it might be because were now the #1 mac team. Yay! Speaking of folding, i am just about to send in my second WU. Unfortunately I cant fold as much as some of you guys cause I am on a 533 g4 and it is my only computer. I don't have a whole lab like the people at the top. It would be great if the g5s would help us beat some of the pc teams :).

MrMacMan
Jul 1, 2003, 11:23 AM
Yeah I posted a thread about rower saying he was gonna do it with arn...

After a while I just talked to arn and he put a story up. So you know where the new members came from... :)

britboy
Jul 1, 2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by altivec 2003
Edit:
Sorry, i didn't read your post first brittboy, but we thought the same thing...

Not a problem :)

Stelliform
Jul 1, 2003, 09:46 PM
I figured the answer to the question was in the All inclusive "Folding Ranking" thread... :) But I was being lazy and didn't feel like catching up on the chatter in that thread. ;)

I also have been busy and missed the front page announcement. :eek:

Thanks for the heads up britboy!

MrMacMan
Jul 1, 2003, 10:00 PM
Stelliform, hey, I haven't looked through all of my 300 AOL 300 e-mails yet, but did you ever send the PC folding script/app that was hidden and everything?

(maybe this should have been a PM)

medea
Jul 1, 2003, 10:16 PM
not a new member, but I havnt been active since April, just started folding again, half through on my first protein.

KershMan
Jul 1, 2003, 10:19 PM
I'm a new member. I started after Arn posted the article. I have an iMac that is mainly a print/file server so sits idle most of the time. The only time I use it directly is to burn a DVD. Other than that, my kids use it when they are not at school. I never shut it down or put it to sleep so I have instant file/printer access. Now, all those wasted CPU cycles are put to good use.

NNO-Stephen
Jul 1, 2003, 10:30 PM
I started a few days before the front page post... man, that first WU took forever! it was over 30 points... but since then been moving at a fairly brisk pace seeing as how I am constantly using the computer... working on my 6th WU and probably gonna be over 50 points with it.