PDA

View Full Version : Nano Clearance, new ones soon...

anti-microsoft
Jun 5, 2007, 12:26 PM
The "Back to school" promo buy a new a Mac and get a free iPod Nano indicates the updates of the nano soon.

Cindynjgirl79
Jun 5, 2007, 12:58 PM
The "Back to school" promo buy a new a Mac and get a free iPod Nano indicates the updates of the nano soon.

eh they did that last summer and we got the smaller shuffle right? unless it's a touch screen iPod i couldn't care less about a nano update.

mrat93
Jun 5, 2007, 02:24 PM
eh they did that last summer and we got the smaller shuffle right? unless it's a touch screen iPod i couldn't care less about a nano update.

Wrong! The last day of the promotion was Sept. 12, the same day the 2g Shuffle, 2g Nano and 5.5g video came out. So let's hope for new iPods on the 16th of September this year!

archurban
Jun 5, 2007, 03:47 PM
well, it's time to wait for another 3-5 months. new models will be around. whatever they will be, I won't be surprised at all. Apple always does that. anyway, I am much anticipated for iphone. I will camp out for it on June 29th.

I don't care what new ipod SPEC will be. it will be much better anyway.

nownot
Jun 5, 2007, 08:10 PM
i bought my macbook in feb and asked are they going to do the free ipod this summer the sells rep said no, i guess so id buy then and not wait. but now they are and im mad :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

MattyMac
Jun 5, 2007, 09:25 PM
i bought my macbook in feb and asked are they going to do the free ipod this summer the sells rep said no, i guess so id buy then and not wait. but now they are and im mad :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't be mad, you've gotten 4 months of extra enjoyment out of your mac...be happy!

They have done the promo a few years in a row...I don't know why he would tell you no?? Apple retail employees don't work off commission so he has no reason to lie...hmm.

weeman
Jun 5, 2007, 09:45 PM

wow, id be mad too

did you buy it at an apple store?

nownot
Jun 5, 2007, 10:17 PM
wow, id be mad too

did you buy it at an apple store?

yep

holamiamigos
Jun 6, 2007, 12:45 AM
file a complaint

Scarlet Fever
Jun 6, 2007, 01:11 AM
file a complaint

i doubt it will go anywhere. They can't tell you if there will be a promotion or not. the guy probably shouldn't have said no, but he couldn't have said yes. If it were a week before the promotion started, i might understand it, but 4 months... thats a bit of a stretch.

nownot
Jun 6, 2007, 08:24 AM
yea not really hoping to get anything out of it just a little ticked. but apple has been known for excellent customer service.

buffalo
Jun 6, 2007, 11:34 AM

My brother bought his MacBook on Monday. He asked if there would be an iPod promo and the employee said they only did it last year and there was no indication it would happen again. Thankfully I frequent this website and knew there was a good chance it would be launched on Tuesday, so I had him not open it on Monday. Alas, I was right and we took it back to return the MacBook and buy it again with the iPod.

Draythor
Jun 7, 2007, 06:20 PM
My brother bought his MacBook on Monday. He asked if there would be an iPod promo and the employee said they only did it last year and there was no indication it would happen again. Thankfully I frequent this website and knew there was a good chance it would be launched on Tuesday, so I had him not open it on Monday. Alas, I was right and we took it back to return the MacBook and buy it again with the iPod.

Good catch. If I buy a MacBook this Summer I'll sell the nano off regardless. Extra money for 6th Gen!