Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Hello,

I have to deliver a video to a client as an mpg, with mpeg2 encoding with an audio stream.

Using compressor to export, you get two files, a seperate video and audio track (.m2v and .aiff) and I can't seem to find a way to export these as one .mpg file (the file cannot be delivered as a .mov, must be mpg).

I cannot use quicktime to put the two tracks together because you can only save it as a mov or mpeg4.

I thought maybe I needed the mpeg2 codec for quicktime from apples site but doesnt that already come with FCS ?

Any help would be appreciated, maybe I'm just missing something simple here, but in short I need to take video I've edited in FC and get it out to my client with the audio in an mpg document using mpeg2 compression for the video.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Peel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Seattle
Hello,

I have to deliver a video to a client as an mpg, with mpeg2 encoding with an audio stream.

Using compressor to export, you get two files, a seperate video and audio track (.m2v and .aiff) and I can't seem to find a way to export these as one .mpg file (the file cannot be delivered as a .mov, must be mpg).

I cannot use quicktime to put the two tracks together because you can only save it as a mov or mpeg4.

I thought maybe I needed the mpeg2 codec for quicktime from apples site but doesnt that already come with FCS ?

Any help would be appreciated, maybe I'm just missing something simple here, but in short I need to take video I've edited in FC and get it out to my client with the audio in an mpg document using mpeg2 compression for the video.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Use Compressor.
In the Inspector make sure the format is set to MPEG-2, and that Stream Usage is set to Generic.

Click on the extras tab and make sure to check the box, "Multiplexed MPEG-1/Layer 2 Audio"

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
thanks. I had tried this in compressor 2, but the file that came out wouldn't open in qt or even vlc, so i figured it wasn't working.

i'll give it a try using compressor 3 on my other computer as it seems to have a preset already made for this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.