Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mayamatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Georgia, USA
I'm sure this subject must surface from time to time, but I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a website where I might find a full copy of Apple's 1994 Infomercial, Martinettis Bring Home a Computer? I used to watch it back in the day when it was actually on TV, and have been searching for a copy for quite some time.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Matt:rolleyes:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I'm sure this subject must surface from time to time, but I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a website where I might find a full copy of Apple's 1994 Infomercial, Martinettis Bring Home a Computer? I used to watch it back in the day when it was actually on TV, and have been searching for a copy for quite some time.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Matt:rolleyes:

I kinda remember this one - is it for the Performas?

I might have recorded it on a VHS tape somewheres...

mayamatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Georgia, USA
Yes, it was the Performa's. I found someone about a year ago that got me a tape that has about 5 minutes of the video, but I am looking for the entire infomercial which was about 30 minutes or so.

I found this thread yesterday in the forums regarding it: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/247469/
But so far no luck with anyone actually having it to be made available...

Any ideas?

Matt

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
Yes, it was the Performa's. I found someone about a year ago that got me a tape that has about 5 minutes of the video, but I am looking for the entire infomercial which was about 30 minutes or so.

I found this thread yesterday in the forums regarding it: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/247469/
But so far no luck with anyone actually having it to be made available...

Any ideas?

Matt

Says he posted it on .Mac - I don't see why he didn't post on YouTube...

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Says he posted it on .Mac - I don't see why he didn't post on YouTube...

YouTube would require it to be broken into at least three pieces in order to fit their limits, and that's at crappy quality. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
YouTube would require it to be broken into at least three pieces in order to fit their limits, and that's at crappy quality. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

Isn't YouTube switching over to H.264 for :apple:TV? That would make filesizes smaller and better quality.

Whoa, watching an Apple Performa Infomercial on an :apple:TV - that's creepy...

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
Isn't YouTube switching over to H.264 for :apple:TV? That would make filesizes smaller and better quality.

Whoa, watching an Apple Performa Infomercial on an :apple:TV - that's creepy...

Yeah, but they have an artificial 10-minute limit on videos, to keep down on piracy.

And wow, that would be a sight to behold.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.