Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Madmic23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Hey guys, I'm looking at picking up a new DS game, either the new Pokemon or Custom Robo, but I'm not sure which one to get. I've never played a Pokemon game before.
My favorite DS game so far is Advance Wars, so I'm looking for something with a bit of a strategic element to it.
I like the sound of making a customized fighting robot in Custom Robo, but I like the idea of turn based battles in Pokemon.
Anyone have any recomendations for me?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Pokemon is definitely quite a tough game if you don't level up much. But I suppose the same can be said for any RPG.

Custom Robo is more an action based game.

Both are great IMO, but if you prefer Advance Wars I'd say Pokemon is more up your street.

Madmic23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Thanks for your input. I do like action games too, especially when you can customize your fighter (like a wrestling game).
I'll probably give Pokemon a shot, and then custom robo later on. Thanks for the input.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
If you look at Pokemon in terms of having a single fighter with custom parts, then it's actually quite similar. You select moves, breed them to get the exact stats you want, level up, give them items to hold. Infact I take it a little further and have 1 for the head (psychic), 2 arms (strength), 2 legs (speed) and 1 body (defence).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.