Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
Okay, I think I am finally ready to let my website be judged by the MR forums. It's my first try at anything more than iWeb, so don't shoot the pianist. I would like some honest comments from people who know what they talk about. It's a site for an organisation I work with, the Youth Council (advisary council for the city council in affairs of youth). I don't know the American equivalent, though.
I used dreamweaver and Flash for the website.

P.S. everything is in dutch, but I hope the design speaks for itself

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Nice and easy to use.

Check the menu bar on the different pages with the browser window set to a narrow width. On some pages it folds down to fit the window, but not on others. Consistency here would be better.

The grey main body is a little subdued. Personally, I like that look, but others may see it as gloomy. Definitely get more opinions on that.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
I'm confused by the navigation bar on the home page as it's different from the other sections:

View attachment 75827

Why are there green underlines on some but not all sections and why is "films" sitting lower than the rest? Is this work in progress or a problem that only I'm seeing?

Am browsing in Opera 9.20 for Windows.

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
I'm confused by the navigation bar on the home page as it's different from the other sections:

View attachment 75827

Why are there green underlines on some but not all sections and why is "films" sitting lower than the rest? Is this work in progress or a problem that only I'm seeing?

Am browsing in Opera 9.20 for Windows.

That would be a compatability problem. I mainly tried to make the look consistent, but for practical reasons I only tested in Firefox, safari and internet explorer. Those green bars are the "hover" state for links, but I don't know what makes "films" sits lower.

nownot

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2007
tx
i like the colors, i dont have creativity like that, i can program but dont have the thinking process to make anything that looks good. but nice job :)

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Works fine in Safari, looks really good.

The only thing i can see, or can't, is the Choose colour text with the green background. See attachement, find it hard to pick out the text, also think it needs to be move up a bit to be in line with the colour dots.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 180

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
I just checked the stats. Who of you uses 520 bit colors? Is that even possible?

P.S. Please don't (re)visit the site anymore, all the stats are screwed up (45% Mac market share is still far away)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.