PDA

View Full Version : Nasa@Your Library tour uses iMacs....

medea
Jul 1, 2003, 07:25 PM
"It's not a wormhole or a Star Trek-style teleporter, of course. his "portal" is a brand-new interactive exhibit that begins a 2-year tour of U.S. libraries this month. Fun activities on flat-screen computers (iMacs) allow curious minds to puzzle over floating water droplets and spherical candle flames, marvel at the beauty of the Earth seen from orbit, and learn what living in space is really like." "The exhibit consists of two stands: One houses six new flat-screen iMac computers for visitors to play with. The computers, supplied by Apple Computer, run an interactive, multimedia presentation featuring animated cartoon characters, which was specially designed for the exhibit. The other stand is a plasma-screen theater. It will show movies about NASA research."
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/01jul_library.htm?list893686

Mr. Anderson
Jul 1, 2003, 07:38 PM
Pretty cool stuff - I can imagine the designers sat around and said we need a cool looking computer - something that fits the 'spaceage' image.....

The only thing I couldn't seem to find was where and when the exhibit is going to be - I'd love to go see this thing up close.

D

tazo
Jul 1, 2003, 08:34 PM
Those imacs fit into that display perfectly. good choice NASA :)

PowerBook User
Jul 1, 2003, 10:50 PM
NASA made a great choice. I can't think of any computer that looks more futuristic.

kjwebb
Jul 2, 2003, 08:45 AM
cool-ness
Makes me wish they visited the librarys in the ACT (Australia)