PDA

View Full Version : iSight e-mail / New 15" Powerbook ?

jbomber
Jul 1, 2003, 08:48 PM
Did anyone else just get an e-mail form apple advertising the new iSight camera?

Even thought it's just a rendering, the machine that they're demoing the camera off of, appears to fit the description of a 15" Aluminum Powerbook.

The e-mail is titled 'Video conferencing for the Rest of Us'

What do you think?

jbomber
Jul 1, 2003, 08:54 PM
here's the pic.

Chef Ramen
Jul 1, 2003, 08:59 PM
thats the 17" powerbook. how do i know? look closely, theres alot of space on either side of the keyboard. and the screen has two clasps, which only the 17" has. ohh well

i think the 15" will come out soon enough, and it will be sick. if it isnt out in the summer, itll probably be the falL

jbomber
Jul 1, 2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Chef Ramen
thats the 17" powerbook. how do i know? look closely, theres alot of space on either side of the keyboard. and the screen has two clasps, which only the 17" has. ohh well

those were my first thoughts too. particularly the space on the sides issue. But then i looked at another rendering that apple has of the 17 from the same family and there were a couple differences. the thickness of the base, and the proportion of the screen for one thing. the background wallpaper is a little different too... (shrug)

It is just a rendering tho, so it's entirely possible those things are just a matter of circumstance...

Aren't we about due for a leaked picture or something?

Kwyjibo
Jul 1, 2003, 09:15 PM
this is really great...now people say the fall for the new powerbooks...i find it really funny since i'm not in the market but everyone was expecitng updated 15" since MWSF to match the alubooks...hehe..we need to figure out the longest antcipated updates for a product

cb911
Jul 1, 2003, 09:24 PM
i first thouht it could be a 15"... but then i had a look at the 17" again. look at this pic. it's a 17", and exactly the same as the one in the e-mail.

jbomber
Jul 1, 2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by cb911
i first thouht it could be a 15"... but then i had a look at the 17" again. look at this pic. it's a 17", and exactly the same as the one in the e-mail.

yeah, it's very similar, but not exact. the most telling thing tho is certainly the spacing from the edges to the keys. very 17...

Pete_Hoover
Jul 2, 2003, 10:38 AM
I have no doubt in my mind that it IS a 17" powerbook. Looks exactly like one.

Sakino
Jul 2, 2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
this is really great...now people say the fall for the new powerbooks...i find it really funny since i'm not in the market but everyone was expecitng updated 15" since MWSF to match the alubooks...hehe..we need to figure out the longest antcipated updates for a product
It better be soon, im getting really pissed sitting around. I been waiting since December to buy my first apple. I was actually going to buy a powerbook, they day after they released the 17 and 12. I ended up waiting all this time praying for an update, that has never come. I hope its in 2 weeks.?!.?!.??!. CAN YOU HEAR ME STEVE?