Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What Wii game are you most looking forward to?

• Super Mario Galaxy

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Super Smash brothers brawl

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Resident Evil 4: Wii

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Pokemon Battle Revolution

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Manhunt 2

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mario Stikers Charged

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metroid Prime 3

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • None of these will do.

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Super Smash Brothers Brawl definitely. I loved Super Smash Brothers Melee and still play it to this day, I hope that this game is that fun and more with the new controller.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Too close to say.

Smash Bros is going to simply be awesome. You don't need a crystal ball for that one. But I'm looking forward to RE4.

On the VC I'm most looking forward to Sonic 2 and Mario Bros 3.

atiffarooq

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2006
I've gone for Manhunt 2. Now I'm not a psycho, but want to see some games that are different to what's already out at the moment, and I'd like to see how the developers make Manhunt for the Wii, the use of the Wiimote will be particularly interesting ;) . Other than that I can't wait to play a lot of games, including Mario Galaxy and Super Smash.

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
The one that's not a PS2 port with tacked on graphics is the one I'm looking forward to. Something that actually uses the potential of the controls in a real way and pushes the graphics beyond what was possible on the GC. I'll take a platformer, sports title, anything really as long as it's not another port or some game I could get for the cube for less than 10 bucks but now I have to pay 50 because it's a new Wii game.

Also Guitar Hero, SSB (never played one so I'll hold on for the Wii one as most new games seem to be about the same but Wii'd up like Mario Party), Brain Age should be cool too.

Paul

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
Super Smash Brothers Brawl definitely. I loved Super Smash Brothers Melee and still play it to this day, I hope that this game is that fun and more with the new controller.

I never really played Melee but once and it wasn't my favorite. Seemed weird to control and stuff like that. So far from the official Smash bros. web site, the Brawl game looks really good and I think I'll pick it up.

AppleGuy08

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Dang, you shoulda put an option "im looking forward to all of these!" All of the games sound/look good, but im most anticipating super smash bros and pokemon battle rev.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Multiple choice answers would have been cool. :p But yea I voted Smash Bros in the end. I'm still playing the Cube version regularly which puts it in the same league as Turrican, Doom and Tetris for me.

But heyyyy apparently Mercury Revolution Meltdown (or whatever it's called) is out in the UK today! I'm really thinking about picking this up. It was my fave game back on the PSP (just not £200 favourite :p ) and with a bit of the ol' tilt this might be a really fun game. It'll make up for the lacklustre VC update :D

Formativeyears

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2007
For me, it's all about Super Mario Galaxy. That game looks absolutely amazing. Brawl looks like fun but so far it appears to be just a better version of Melee. SMG looks like something truly different and exciting.

Anorak

macrumors regular
May 29, 2007
Super Mario Galaxy.

No other game comes close to the interest level that this game has for me.

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
I voted SSB: Brawl as well.

But I have to say, what I'm most looking forward to is a baseball game that truly takes advantage of the wiimote. That is going to be awesome.

I'll also pick up Mario Galaxy, Prime 3 and Pokemon Revolution, but I'm also pretty interested in Mario Strikers Charged as well. I played the 'Cube Strikers last year and it was pretty fun.

Now I just have to wait until I get my Wii back from the Big N. Stupid graphics chip overheating. :mad: :(

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
On the VC I'm most looking forward to Sonic 2 and Mario Bros 3.

I'm really looking forward to Mario 3 also... i used to kill at that game when i was little. ...get to world 4 or 5 without dying once. I kind of want the SNES version instead though. Either one will do though!

(Edit: If you say getting to world 4 or 5 without dying is no big deal, keep in mind I was 7.)

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Brawl...eager to see how the contoller are used, with four different ways. Most interesting is the Wii Remote on itsside

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
I originally voted for RE: Umbrella chronicles but i am getting more and more psyched for RE: 4 Wii. i really think it will shine on Wii.

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
UK
am i the only one looking forward to games like big brain academy? this is what the wii is best for! i like team games which are light hearted and different.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
That's why I got WarioWare :D

I might get Big Brain. Depends on the price. I got Brain Training for £15, any more and I'd feel cheated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.