PDA

View Full Version : Up to 7th repair and apple may replace my ibook with a macbook

elisha cuthbert
Jun 7, 2007, 06:59 PM
I am currently without my ibook for at least the 7th time because it is getting repaired.

One of the salesmen at the apple store said to call apple and tell them exactly whats happened with my laptop and explain how many reapairs ive had done to it ect.
when i call ed them they were happy to listen to me basically bitch about how many reapais its had and then finally they said they could replace it if i get all the paper work into them bexcause they only have 3 repairs on record.

i will post if/when i reviece the repalcement or any other news

kwood
Jun 7, 2007, 07:05 PM
Now is this the iBook that is in your signature?

iBook G5? I thought that was going to be released on Monday at the WWDC. Maybe I am mistaken :D

iBook G5 933/640/APX/CMB/60GB

elisha cuthbert
Jun 7, 2007, 07:08 PM
Now is this the iBook that is in your signature?

iBook G5? I thought that was going to be released on Monday at the WWDC. Maybe I am mistaken :D

umm yea, its an old g4 but i just call it a g5

kwood
Jun 7, 2007, 07:47 PM
Oh ok...I got all excited for a moment. :cool:

amoda
Jun 7, 2007, 08:40 PM
Umm..if I were you i'd push for a macbook pro, even low end one. 7 repairs?! That's ridiculous! Especially when the lemon policy is suppoused to kick in at the 3rd repair. So yeah...if you have all the paper work for all 7 then definitely push for a macbook pro.

elisha cuthbert
Jun 8, 2007, 03:01 AM
Umm..if I were you i'd push for a macbook pro, even low end one. 7 repairs?! That's ridiculous! Especially when the lemon policy is suppoused to kick in at the 3rd repair. So yeah...if you have all the paper work for all 7 then definitely push for a macbook pro.

im not really fussed about pro or non pro cause i usually use it for school so theres really no point in getting a pro

also im getting help from the apple centre ive been using for all the repairs and theyre saying that id anything stops theyll find a way around it so as to upgrade me

anyway illl post any news about it when it happens

p.s can anyone point me in teh direction of the lemon policy?

Kermit the frog
Jun 8, 2007, 03:36 AM
sweetness

elisha cuthbert
Jun 15, 2007, 01:10 AM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
ok apple have locked it in that i am getting a new baseline macbook
2GHZ C2D, 1GB Ram, 80GB HDD and a combo drive

all of which is basically better than my ibook
now im just waiting on a call from their people that will organise a courier for me

siurpeeman
Jun 15, 2007, 01:13 AM
congrats on the macbook, but a baseline? push for one with a super drive!

elisha cuthbert
Jun 15, 2007, 01:31 AM
congrats on the macbook, but a baseline? push for one with a super drive!

meh, im not really fussed about that, but im really happy that im actually getting an upgrade, after a while i may upgrade the combo to a super but im not doing it myself ill get apple to (if they do that)

elisha cuthbert
Jun 21, 2007, 06:22 PM
ok so i got my new macbook yesterday and it is ******* awesome
it absolutly massacres my old ibook

so if youve had it with your old apple machine thats been in for repairs anumber of times and is still under some sort of warranty talk to them , just tel apple all the troubles that youve had with your machine but dont be expecting a new computer just tell them and let them sort it out for you

amc382
Jun 21, 2007, 06:41 PM
out of curiosity, what was wrong with your ibook?

elisha cuthbert
Jun 21, 2007, 08:44 PM
out of curiosity, what was wrong with your ibook?

2 replaced screens
2 replaced power bricks
replaced logic board
and numerous problems caused by the faulty logic board

amc382
Jun 21, 2007, 10:32 PM
woah... i'm surprised they didn't replace it a long time ago.

good luck with your new macbook

aaron.lee2006
Jun 22, 2007, 12:44 AM
2 replaced screens
2 replaced power bricks
replaced logic board
and numerous problems caused by the faulty logic board

That's nothing lol. Before Apple replaced my MacBook Pro I had these problems.

- 14 dead pixels
- 3 dead logic boards
- loose hinge
- one MagSafe Adapter
- Case warping
- CPU Whine
- Excessive Heat

The MagSafe actually started smoking one night lol. I made it quit :p