PDA

View Full Version : Zune HQ Amnesty Bin for iPods

Cindynjgirl79
Jun 8, 2007, 12:22 AM
I just this and not sure if it was posted yet.Here is the link (http://www.tuaw.com/2007/05/24/flickr-find-microsoft-amnesty-bin-for-ipods/) Not sure it it's funny or sad? It kind of looks like someone put an iPod clear case in there. Are they all video iPods? Or 1st gen ones?

"From the entry way at Zune headquarters, we bring you today's Flickr Find: the iPod Amnesty Bin. Yeah sure, it's probably "art" more than it's a real "amnesty bin"--but it says something that upon seeing this picture my heart skipped a beat. It's like seeing adorable puppies in a pound. I instinctively wanted to grab those poor sweet neglected iPods into my arms and give them a proper home. Someone ought to notify the association for the prevention of iPod cruelty.

As one of the posters at the Flickr page points out, this makes you wonder exactly how many of these iPods were bought by the Zune team to seed the bin and make their point--to which I add, I wonder how quickly that bin is emptying as Zune employees wave goodbye for the day."

janey
Jun 8, 2007, 12:24 AM
this is funnier:

Cindynjgirl79
Jun 8, 2007, 12:27 AM
where is that from?

tvguru
Jun 8, 2007, 12:29 AM
where is that from?

Why? You don't really want one do you?! :p

janey
Jun 8, 2007, 12:35 AM
where is that from?

it was a photoshop response to the original picture :)

if you look at the original pic on flickr, there's a link to the zune bin somewhere in the comments.

Scarlet Fever
Jun 8, 2007, 12:36 AM
where is that from?

the hardware store, next to the toilets.

PSPFourLife
Jun 8, 2007, 12:12 PM
I find this sad. I'm sure people there didn't "throw their iPod there." Why would you just put it there? You could easily make $100 for your iPod.

And, whats even worse is the fact that Microsoft BOUGHT iPods to put there.

WildCowboy
Jun 8, 2007, 01:15 PM
We've got a thread on this here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=307819).