PDA

View Full Version : Sharing files between PowerMac and Macbook

TyleRomeo
Jun 8, 2007, 08:40 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows how to share files between a two macs, in my case a macbook and Powermac. I have a lot more storage space in the PowerMac and have most of my media on there. I want to be able to access my backed up DVDs on the macbook. I am using airport as my connection although in the future I may switch this up to Gigabit ethernet. Any insight would be great.

Tyler

Kosh66
Jun 8, 2007, 11:33 AM
Turn on Sharing in the Sharing System Preferences on the PowerMac, and on the Macbook go to "Go" menu "Connnect to Server" and hit the browse button. Click the network and your PowerMac should show up.

TyleRomeo
Jun 8, 2007, 01:20 PM
Turn on Sharing in the Sharing System Preferences on the PowerMac, and on the Macbook go to "Go" menu "Connnect to Server" and hit the browse button. Click the network and your PowerMac should show up.

Awesome, I got it to work but it's very slow, I should say our wireless is very slow. Can I follow the same steps and hardwire it with ethernet cables? That should give me at least 100Mbps speed instead of the 768kbps we get from verizon.