PDA

View Full Version : Apple.com redesign

shakespeare
Jul 2, 2003, 04:58 PM
Something to think about: now that tabs are going to be gone from the Mac OS, what will be the look of the new Apple.com?

MacVault
Jul 2, 2003, 09:32 PM
I had not heard that tabs are going away from OS X. What will they be replaced with??

mnkeybsness
Jul 2, 2003, 10:03 PM
tabs will look like buttons in panther, as follows...

FredAkbar
Jul 2, 2003, 10:20 PM
They already have their product pages (www.apple.com/imac (http://www.apple.com/imac/) etc.) set up to the new Panther style, like if you click on different "tabs" like G4 Processor or Tech Specs, that "tab" gets highlighted. Same thing with the row of links just under the main top row of tabs on their site.

--Fred

MacUser1
Jul 2, 2003, 10:41 PM
I kind of like the new look for the individual product pages. I think that a whole site similar to that wouldn't be a bad idea.

evoluzione
Jul 2, 2003, 10:51 PM
what are you guys talking about????

i see nothing different about the product pages, and where do tabs appear in the OS? I only see them in safari, and on webpages :confused:

Duff-Man
Jul 2, 2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by evoluzione what are you guys talking about????
i see nothing different about the product pages, and where do tabs appear in the OS? I only see them in safari, and on webpages :confused: Duff-Man says....have you never opened up your system preferences and looked at the internet ,network, or the quicktime pref panes (to name a few)?....oh yeah!

iJon
Jul 2, 2003, 11:31 PM
here are your tabs.

iJon

iJon
Jul 2, 2003, 11:33 PM
there should really be a post picture from the edit button.

iJon

shadowfax
Jul 3, 2003, 12:06 AM
it seems plausible that they might leave it the same. or they might make it look like panther. who knows?

benixau
Jul 3, 2003, 12:25 AM
i think that the website should stay looking like jaaguar because most people looking at it most of the time (windows users) are not familiar with the new tabs.

Although from a developers point of view, the new tabs are very very nice and look a lot better. They should be easier to get to fit in with an applications looks that the old ones.

jbomber
Jul 3, 2003, 01:42 AM
they'll probably leave it with the tabs, since tabs are kind of an internet standard. amazon.com for example....