PDA

View Full Version : Connecting ipod to TV

junhize
Jun 8, 2007, 02:52 PM
Hey guys, i've recently read up articles abt connecting ipod 5th generation to TV using AV cable, so i try to hook up and connecting red to the tv yellow socket, white to red and yellow to white.. but it still didn't seem to work.. i'm wondering if there's a different between each cable becoz i got it from a DVD player connecting to TV while most ppl mentioned those generic cables are mostly from camcorder.. so can anyone help me out?? thanks alot in advance.. :)

bams27
Jun 8, 2007, 07:25 PM
connect it using the same colors. red=red yellow=yellow white=white and ths source should be composite

Hmac
Jun 8, 2007, 07:36 PM
Hey guys, i've recently read up articles abt connecting ipod 5th generation to TV using AV cable, so i try to hook up and connecting red to the tv yellow socket, white to red and yellow to white.. but it still didn't seem to work.. i'm wondering if there's a different between each cable becoz i got it from a DVD player connecting to TV while most ppl mentioned those generic cables are mostly from camcorder.. so can anyone help me out?? thanks alot in advance.. :)

Main Menu > Videos > Video Settings > TV Out > On

Be aware that the cable connectors out of the earphone jack are not red-red, white-white, yellow-yellow. I connect using a dock-connector to RCA cable which works great, but reportedly the mini jack sends the video signal through the red jack, with white and yellow being sound.

Look here http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/mac/2005/11/18/video-ipod.html?page=2