PDA

View Full Version : PBG412 Heat and Cleaning

macguymike
Jul 2, 2003, 10:49 PM
Any suggestions as to keeping my PBG4 12 inch running cool? Even when it's just sitting on my desk not doing anything it can get too hot to handle (not to mention if I even try to place it on my lap or on the floor) and I sometimes have to let it cool down for a few minutes before picking it up.

Also, what would be the best way to keep the aluminum clean?

Alte22a
Jul 2, 2003, 11:20 PM
When I was working in Japan I went to the apple retailers there and they sold this heat sink which raises the Pb up of the surface by about 30mm with a build in fan powered by USB. Looks pretty cool, will look into that when I go back in August. I just stick stuff under my PB so that air can flow under it. But other than that these not much you can do..

macguymike
Jul 3, 2003, 02:04 AM
Oh, and another question...

Why won't my battery charge past 84 percent? It just sits there with the charge icon in the menu bar.

Alte22a
Jul 3, 2003, 12:19 PM
cleaning your PB? hmmm this is quite scary if I am telling you this. If I tell you if have to be totally responsible about you own actions. I can give you ideas. Ok are you sick and tired of dust attracted to your PB. This is usually the case. So use an Air duster, basically its can air. After you've blown all the excess dust off. Use lighter fluid. Use lighter fluid. I mean dont go crazy and spill the stuff down into your Keyboard or speaker grills. You have to decide how much you want to put on ok. Just be very careful and sensible. I dont want you to blow up your little baby. Then wipe the lighter fluid off with a cloth. Thats it. Why lighter fluid you ask? Well it gets rid of grease and stops dust attracting to your PB. But as I said be careful Ok!!

Your battery? I have no idea. Maybe its broken? I have an 15" PB its fine chages all the way to 100%. but doesnt last until it drops to 93%. Maybe you should run the battery flat really flat. It could be a few things. Running it flat might reset the memory on it( the battery that is). It might? try it...