Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rubyslipperlove

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
OK, I really need some help here, and I'm not very technical.

can someone give me step by step help on this? that is, assuming I can do what I plan on.

my daughter has about 350 songs on her nano that are not on my hard drive. she'd like some of the music I've got on my hard drive downlaoded to her iPod. is there a way to download from my computer to her nano without deleting what's already there?

and is there a way to upload those 350 songs from her iPod to iTunes?

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
her ipod is set to sync with the library one one computer. To change this, she has to erase her iPod and put all the music back on, but check the box saying Manually Manage Music or something similar.

Assuming you have a Mac, you can use a program like iPodRip to get music from the iPod to the computer :)

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
is there a way to download from my computer to her nano without deleting what's already there?
Basically, no. An iPod will only sync with one iTunes library at a time. You'll need to consolidate all of the songs you want into one iTunes library on one computer.

and is there a way to upload those 350 songs from her iPod to iTunes?
There are 3rd party programs that will allow you to do this.

We have a guide here at MacRumors, Recovering Songs from an iPod, that has software suggestions near the bottom. Then, just follow the instructions for that program.

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
I found this on Popular Mechanics:

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 43
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.