PDA

View Full Version : Feeler/FS: **SOLD** 15" 2.4ghz, 2gb, 256mb vram MBP (current gen.)

ironic23
Jun 10, 2007, 05:30 PM
sold

thegoldenmackid
Jun 11, 2007, 04:01 PM
Just in case you don't know, its forbidden on this forum to ask for a buyer to pay paypal fees.

ironic23
Jun 11, 2007, 05:42 PM
Thanks for all the comments.

UPDATE: Turns out that Apple has decided to replace my old MBP core duo with the new SR MBP due to various problems, so i will be returning the SR MBP that i ordered.

However, the replacement SR MBP that i'm getting, scheduled for delivery June 13th is still up for sale. It's the same specs as what i ordered, 15" matte, 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 256mb vram, etc.

If anyone is interested in this, i will be glad to negotiate the price with you. It will definitely be lower than the suggested retail price of $2499. Thank you.

jsw
Jun 11, 2007, 10:15 PM
Just in case you don't know, its forbidden on this forum to ask for a buyer to pay paypal fees.
No it isn't. (http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Marketplace_Rules)

Please keep comments limited to the item mentioned in the feeler. As with all items, we at MR recommend that buyers and sellers both use caution and common sense, but there's no need to continually mention that.

uicandrew
Jun 11, 2007, 10:23 PM

Secondly, he/she is selling it on here knowing that he/she is going to loose money, otherwise the seller would just return it, which I still don't understand. And no one on this forum is going to pay full retail price, it wouldn't make sense, eBay, which is more of a hassle, would be the only place where they could attempt to recover the purchase, unless he/she returns it.

Although your other method, although I would assume it's fraudulent is the most interesting and new idea.

i read the marketplace rules for this forum, and it doesn't mention ANYTHING about asking the buyer to pay paypal fees as being forbidden, or even discouraged.

other people in this forum and others (macnn forums) say that it is against the rules/forbidden, but it is not.

please link to it, and if i am mistaken, i will amend my postings and apologize for the misinformation.

it is simply another charge/fee that the seller can either accept as a cost of doing business, or use it as a negotiable item.

not everyone wants to give 3% of the sales to paypal. i would encourage people to use google checkout. from what i read, google checkout has suspended fees for the rest of the 2007. it isn't as extensive as paypal, but it is based on the seller sending an invoice to the buyer, and the buyer paying the invoice.

as for "refusing shipment," online vendors have told me to use it if i ordered an item but wanted to cancel atfter it was shipped. to them, it is easier than paying for another "pre-paid shipping label" depending on how consumer-friendly the store/vendor is.

i'm not trying to scam anyone, i'm abiding by the rules that others have set out.
-----------------------------
the price is fair, but i'd recommend selling it (or getting a committment from someone to buy it) before amazon.com gets them. they typically offer a $150 rebate, but they aren't due to get them in stock for another 2-4 weeks

ironic23
Jun 12, 2007, 05:14 PM
I just got the replacement MBP today, which surprisingly arrived before the one i ordered.

Anyways, having said that i'll be putting this up for sale as i return the other MBP.

One thing though is that the AppleCare protection plan from the old core duo MBP will be applied to this new MBP (i'm talking to Apple to try and get a pro-rated refund on that, so that will be the case for now). This AppleCare protection plan is valid till 04/28/2009. That kinda means that if you buy this laptop, you're losing out on a year's worth of AppleCare protection.

Because of that, i'm willing to let this brand new, sealed MBP with the AppleCare protection till 2009 (will be transferred to the new buyer) for $2400 shipped if you use a money order or $2468 if you want to use paypal.

I'll let this offer be up for 24-48 hours. If i don't get any bites, i'll just keep the MBP. Cheers.

p/s: you'll have to add a little more for insurance, thanks.

ironic23
Jun 12, 2007, 05:18 PM
Here are some pictures:

Veritas&Equitas
Jun 12, 2007, 05:26 PM
No it isn't. (http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Marketplace_Rules)

True, but it IS against Paypal (http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/ua/USUA-outside#receive-policy) rules. See Rule 4.6.

thegoldenmackid
Jun 12, 2007, 07:23 PM
True, but it IS against Paypal (http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/ua/USUA-outside#receive-policy) rules. See Rule 4.6.

Thank you for correcting me.

And if you want to do this, be smart, just add it into your asking price.

as for "refusing shipment," online vendors have told me to use it if i ordered an item but wanted to cancel atfter it was shipped. to them, it is easier than paying for another "pre-paid shipping label" depending on how consumer-friendly the store/vendor is.

i'm not trying to scam anyone, i'm abiding by the rules that others have set out.

I don't know if this is fraudulent, but if you don't give someone a notice, like a seller on here, and you refuse shipment, it might be annoying. The one time it was mentioned was with DHL and Insurian (a phone insurance company) and they instructed me to not do that and that if I did they would charge me extra, but they also had prepaid shipping labels that they had given me for the return package.

I just think that as long as you give notice and the seller prefers it there is no problem. But if you just no longer want ot pay for something and you refuse shipment and tell your credit card company not to pay it seems not necessiarly fraudulent, but jacka** like.

ironic23
Jun 14, 2007, 08:20 AM
Update

Alright, last try today (06/14/2007). If it doesn't sell then i'm just gonna keep it.

Price: $2350 shipped w/ AppleCare till 2009 via Paypal.

Bonus: Will throw in a Zero Shock case for the MBP. Link. (http://shinza.com/product_info.php?products_id=57&osCsid=ffe015bd12f4950bdaab9feb5f149ce1)

Offer ends: 10pm EDT, Thursday (06/14/2007).

Thanks for looking. Cheers.

ironic23
Jun 14, 2007, 09:30 PM
Looks like i'm keeping the MBP. Thanks for the interest and such.

Mods, please lock/close this thread. Thanks. Cheers.

taylorwilsdon
Jun 14, 2007, 09:50 PM
Thats a shame, I would have paid asking price. Oh well :(

ironic23
Jun 14, 2007, 09:55 PM
well its still sealed if you're interested. havent gotten to opening it yet. :)