PDA

View Full Version : Migration Assistant (iBook to MPB) Clean-up Question

nickpro
Jun 11, 2007, 10:53 AM
whats up everyone - longtime lurker, first time poster here. i've been reading up on the various migration threads and was wondering about the "clean-up" a lot of you have mentioned after migrating from a power pc to intel. i have decided that i definitely need to use the assisstant to transfer over my info, but needed to know what specifically i should clean-up after the migration as far as stray power pc apps that run on rossetta, things that will slow my computer up, etc. i understand that different computers have different apps installed on them, but a few general pointers would be much appreciated.

heatasmallhouse
Jun 11, 2007, 11:22 AM
whats up everyone - longtime lurker, first time poster here. i've been reading up on the various migration threads and was wondering about the "clean-up" a lot of you have mentioned after migrating from a power pc to intel. i have decided that i definitely need to use the assisstant to transfer over my info, but needed to know what specifically i should clean-up after the migration as far as stray power pc apps that run on rossetta, things that will slow my computer up, etc. i understand that different computers have different apps installed on them, but a few general pointers would be much appreciated.

Same question on my behalf. Anyone have any tips or guidance?

CrzyCanuck72
Jun 11, 2007, 11:29 AM
I didn't do any sort of "cleanup" after I used the Migration Assistant to go from my eMac to my MacBook...all I did was go through my applications and update any PPC app to a UB version, if it had one.

nickpro
Jun 11, 2007, 02:58 PM
^^^

gotcha

jeremy.king
Jun 11, 2007, 03:01 PM
If I remember right, System Profiler can list all the applications and includes a column for PPC or Universal. It's handy when finding PPC apps that could be upgraded.