PDA

View Full Version : MacOSRumors

scem0
Jul 3, 2003, 11:21 PM
What are your thoughts on MacOSrumors?

Personally, I think it is a whole bunch of bull.

The site rarely has accurate rumors, and they are usually very broad.

ie displays will be we released after this date, and sometime before January of next year.

Am I the only one who isn't to fond of this site?

scem0

solvs
Jul 4, 2003, 12:10 AM
MOSR were my first rumors site, but after continually getting things wrong, I gave up on them. Sure, I still visit once in awhile, now that they're under new management or whatever, but I never put any stock into anything they say.

I even contributed to them once. I wonder if they even checked up on what I sent them, or just took it as fact (I was right BTW, but still). It was cool at first, but to be quoted as the source for some wild new rumor they went off on... I trust SpyMac more (and I don't trust them at all after iWalk).

The worst was when they begged for a Radeon 8500 to play with, got one from some sucker who wanted "free" advertising, then broke it by overclocking it with a pencil. Then, they had the AUDACITY to beg for another one. That pissed me off.

Ah, I feel better now.

scem0
Jul 4, 2003, 12:21 PM
What pisses me off is that people indulge them in their begging in the first place.

They just got 23 inch cinema displays from MacSolutions, they got a 30 gig iPod a while back, and they recieve **** like that all the time.

God, if these companies are giving away free **** where do I sign up for it?

scem0

Mr. Anderson
Jul 4, 2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by scem0
What pisses me off is that people indulge them in their begging in the first place.

They just got 23 inch cinema displays from MacSolutions, they got a 30 gig iPod a while back, and they recieve **** like that all the time.

ah, where'd you read this?

I don't visit it - MacRumors has always had a better track record with rumors and it also handles all rumors - so you can sift through it all yourself and figure out which are good or not.

D

MacFan25
Jul 4, 2003, 04:05 PM
I was just reading MacOSRumors' story about future iPods. Honestly I can't believe anything they say. And most of it is just general rumors.

job
Jul 4, 2003, 04:52 PM
i read it occasionally as most of the articles are projected speculation. it's always interesting to read what apple *might* be developing, even if they think it's a solid rumor. i see their articles as more hypothetical than anything else.

akushlan
Jul 4, 2003, 04:59 PM
There was some guy awhile back that sent them a scathing e-mail.
Never heard from him since
I think MOSR guys have POWERS
:p

solvs
Jul 4, 2003, 07:26 PM
I tried to send them an e-mail telling them there was no ADC version of the Radeon 8500. Kept bouncing back to me. And this was before I started bad mouthing them.

They print right on their page how people have given them stuff to use in exchange for ad-space. Guess some people are hard up for business. Maybe they sent them used or refurbished stuff.

They should send it to Accelerate Your Mac (http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/) instead. Least then they'd get their $$$ worth.

peterjhill
Jul 4, 2003, 07:37 PM
They were great when they were the first popular mac rumor web site. Before the web, we had vaporware on the usenet.

I still check them from time to time to see what they have to say. They seem to be pretty conservative now-a-days. I guess what it comes down to is who are people going to leak to.

Remember Mac the Knife at MacWeek, before they went legit ;-) The Naked Mole Rat is where to find his wisdom now, but again, the quality of the leaks aren't as good as what we get here.

Macrumors.com is the place to go for Macintosh Rumors.

scem0
Jul 5, 2003, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
ah, where'd you read this?

D

--------------
We've been putting so much thought into where Apple's displays are going for decidedly personal reasons -- we just received a refurbished Cinema HD display from our flagship sponsor, MacSolutions along with a 15-inch Combo Drive Powerbook G4, and have been initiated into the Wild World of Widescreens.
--------------

bah, that angers me. :mad:

scem0

tazo
Jul 5, 2003, 05:13 AM
i don't know how anyone can believe a site that basically dishes out pure garbage over and over again. the giving away of merchandise just pisses me off however :o

Sun Baked
Jul 5, 2003, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by solvs
I tried to send them an e-mail telling them there was no ADC version of the Radeon 8500. Kept bouncing back to me. And this was before I started bad mouthing them. I remember that, then they went ahead any tried to overclock the card right after they got it.

Fried the new card... http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=380969

solvs
Jul 5, 2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Sun Baked
I remember that, then they went ahead any tried to overclock the card right after they got it.

Fried the new card...

Yeah it was pretty funny. But then somebody sent them another card. I realize the pencil trick is common, but it's also dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

I guess they didn't know what they were doing. ;)

Sun Baked
Jul 5, 2003, 09:01 AM
The site is still registered to Ryan, wonder if it'll get paid when it expires on July 16th.

solvs
Jul 5, 2003, 09:23 AM
Someone should try to steal it. :p

I'm just kidding. (In my best SMG as Faith imitating Buffy voice) That would be wrong.