PDA

View Full Version : Should I be concerned with this behavior on my iBook?

Warbrain
Jun 11, 2007, 04:35 PM
I just noticed today for the first time that when I boot up, it goes to black, then to one shade of gray, and then another, and then starts up with the Apple. Runs fine from there. Sometimes before the Apple appears, I'll get the folder with a question mark, but then the Apple appears. I just partitioned my HDD last week and I don't think I had rebooted it since then, so it's possible that it just takes a bit longer because of the partitions. I also reset my PRAM and PMU this morning, but it started up fine then. Any idea if there is a problem with my iBook and if I should be concerned about it?

iBook G4, 14", 1.42 GHz, 1.5 GB of RAM.

keenkreations
Jun 12, 2007, 01:49 AM
It does not sound too serious, but it seems like your system is trying to look for the boot up disk when it starts up. Have you tried going under the System Preferences -> Startup Disk and selected your startup volume? Maybe that will eliminate your problem. Please let us know if it does not work. :p

MaaseyRacer
Jun 12, 2007, 01:54 AM
Dude this is always so hard to do, but you have Compu AIDS, its terminal. Only cure is to ditch the antiquated iBook and pick up a MacBook.

Warbrain
Jun 12, 2007, 06:26 AM
It does not sound too serious, but it seems like your system is trying to look for the boot up disk when it starts up. Have you tried going under the System Preferences -> Startup Disk and selected your startup volume? Maybe that will eliminate your problem. Please let us know if it does not work. :p

Don't worry, that's all fine. I'm more concerned about it possibly being a graphics or logic board problem and wish to avoid that possibility.

Dude this is always so hard to do, but you have Compu AIDS, its terminal. Only cure is to ditch the antiquated iBook and pick up a MacBook.

Thanks for the asinine comment. If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say anything at all.