PDA

View Full Version : Best switch story ever (now in right thread)

matthew24
Jul 4, 2003, 02:47 PM
I really enjoyed the following switch story:

A real desire for a Mac: (http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=3946)

One thing: Don't stop after the first page.

;)

cwedl
Jul 4, 2003, 04:08 PM
A very good story, It has made me think about my up and coming switch.

I am certainly looking forward to the day but I don't want to have great expectations, even though my ipod purchase made a month ago has certainly lived up to my expectations.

maradong
Jul 5, 2003, 04:14 AM
that was pretty interesting.
I was talking some days ago with a professor @ school who is, i have to admit, the only real mac fan above 30 i know. ;-) well there are certainly some on the boards ,-)
well but what he told me was:
I m only buying apple computers, as they are the best. they are expensive, but anyways. You only live once ;-)
i had to think of that discussion when i read the story. pretty amusing.

tazo
Jul 5, 2003, 05:05 AM
i liked that story. is sort of like all those i went to mac got disappointed but like a magnet it drew me back in-stories :)

Ryan1524
Jul 6, 2003, 10:40 PM
i have quite high expectations of macs. i wonder if i'll fall into the same trap of disappointment caused by an overhype that i built myself when i finally get a a powerbook next year...:(

Horrortaxi
Jul 9, 2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Ryan1524
i have quite high expectations of macs. i wonder if i'll fall into the same trap of disappointment caused by an overhype that i built myself when i finally get a a powerbook next year...:(
Unless you're totally psycho with your expectations (Powerbook won't make your teeth whiter or you armpits smell better) you'll love it. If you've used Windows for any length of time you'll love it that much more. It really is all they say it is, but you don't really know how good it is until you have one. Unfortunately you can't market them that way: "trust is it's good, buy one and you'll see."

have an orgy
Jul 14, 2003, 07:50 PM
After reading that, it makes me want my mac that much more even though I've been dieing and loosing sleep the last few days waiting for my new ibook. I used my brothers powerbook a few weeks ago and it sold me instantly. So now HOPEFULLY tomorrow if im lucky I'll get it but i doubt it. The best part about it is that I've been using crummy windows machines for all my life and it will feel good to finally use a mac.