Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryan5505

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
CA
I recently had the pleasure of leaving my powerbook on top of my car and driving away with it on top. Right when I remembered it was on the car, I see if fly off and hit the road. The case is seriously damaged, but still is working and is what I am using at the moment. I was thinking about selling it for parts to others. Is this a good idea, I hear its about 900-1200 for the repair and I might as well get a new one for that.

Powerbook 1.5 1.25G Ram 60G Hard Drive LCD and everthing still work.

Attachments

• powerbook1.jpeg
    powerbook1.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 223
  • Powerbook2.jpeg
    Powerbook2.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 236
  • Powerbook3.jpeg
    Powerbook3.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 228

shu82

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2007
Rocket City, AL
I would slap some duct tape on it and show it off. That PB has one heck of a fighting spirit. Don't part it out, he isn't dead yet, he has the will to live! Put it back together with punk rock stickers and some kid will buy it off you.

Ryan5505

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
CA
I can replace the old powerbook with an exact replacment for 450. We have one at work, which is pratically still new. Would is be a good idea to just trade out the hard drives to keep all my information or just buy a new macbook.

I am also thinking about taking new/better pics and sending the story into apple. Powerbook lives after 60mph fall!

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
mate thts a definate keeper!!! brag bout it with ur friends. "well my laptop can survive falling off a car"
you may aswell.

but seriously, im sorry for your loss, i know id go crazy if tht happened 2 me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.