Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pEZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
Congrats guys - we knocked down the next major obstacle, ForumOC. We are also nearly outproducing General Mayhem - let's get 'em guys!

And gals, as the case may be.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Yeah, we broke the 10k barrier just a few days ago and now we're flirting with it continually - I hope we can get a some more WUs done to push us over permanently......but all things considered we're doing great!!!

D

NNO-Stephen

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2003
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Yeah, we broke the 10k barrier just a few days ago and now we're flirting with it continually - I hope we can get a some more WUs done to push us over permanently......but all things considered we're doing great!!!

D

I haven't turned any WU's in for like 4 days... still working on a big one... 70 points I think...

Kermit

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2003
Sweden, Scandinavia
Folding

I just started folding for Mac Rumors a few days ago and since my computer is always on I have already finished 7 WU:s and have been granted 227.9 points. We are steadily going to climb upwards on that ranking kids and if we could only join forces with the other mac-teams; then we could really challenge [H]ardOCP for #1.

NNO-Stephen

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2003
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Re: Folding

Originally posted by Kermit
I just started folding for Mac Rumors a few days ago and since my computer is always on I have already finished 7 WU:s and have been granted 227.9 points. We are steadily going to climb upwards on that ranking kids and if we could only join forces with the other mac-teams; then we could really challenge [H]ardOCP for #1.

holy crap! what kind of comp you using!

Kermit

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2003
Sweden, Scandinavia
Since I have not yet switched (I'm waiting to buy a 15" G5 PowerBook) I'm still using my old Athlon XP 1600MHz PC. It's not much fun, but it was cheap, since I built it myself, and it folds rather nicely.

Now if we could just hold of the onslaught of team TNWSN until our comrades-in-arms started recieving their Dual Power Mac G5:s ;)

Stike

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
And where are those bushwhacking NI-Knights? They are 100.000 points behind!? So much for all their bragging :D :p hehehe

Kermit

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2003
Sweden, Scandinavia
Originally posted by Stike
And where are those bushwhacking NI-Knights? They are 100.000 points behind!? So much for all their bragging :D :p hehehe

Last I checked they were closing in on us fast. We must fold like never before. Next one up: Team Germany. :D

pEZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
Re: Folding

Originally posted by Kermit

I still think we should push for an all Mac team. MacAddict seemed up to it, but Team MacOS X was not. Maybe if more jumped on the bandwagon (meaning other teams) we could get it on.

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
Re: Re: Folding

Originally posted by pEZ
I still think we should push for an all Mac team. MacAddict seemed up to it, but Team MacOS X was not. Maybe if more jumped on the bandwagon (meaning other teams) we could get it on.

Currently we are producing more than the other two top Mac teams combined! It would be great if they joined, but if the membership rush continues or grows, we may not need them to sail into the top 20 teams.

NNO-Stephen

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2003
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Re: Re: Re: Folding

Originally posted by Stelliform
Currently we are producing more than the other two top Mac teams combined! It would be great if they joined, but if the membership rush continues or grows, we may not need them to sail into the top 20 teams.

but to get to the top 20 is not the point. point is a united Mac team... become #1...

then maybe they will actually work on creating a better F@H client.

pEZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
Re: Re: Re: Folding

Originally posted by Stelliform

It's not that we'd need them, because I highly doubt that we would at this point. But it's the principle of the thing. A team with "Mac" in the title would increase the number of folders overall for every PC team, IMO. It all ultimately helps the cause at hand.

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Re: Folding

Originally posted by pEZ
It's not that we'd need them, because I highly doubt that we would at this point. But it's the principle of the thing. A team with "Mac" in the title would increase the number of folders overall for every PC team, IMO. It all ultimately helps the cause at hand.

That and it would be great to have a Mac team rub it in the face of the PC folders... (Even though a good chunk of our power comes from PC's Hey since we can't depend on them for everyday use they might as well fold for us. ;) :eek: :D )

pEZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
Hey guys, look at Extreme Overclocking's stats - It almost looks like we're gaining on General Mayhem - by like a tenth of a point. Sweet!

dstorey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2002
Taking General [M]ayhem will certainly make up for losing a place to the mesky knights..If we could just get a good full weeksrun then we'll outfold them by quite a bit i think. Maybe we could try to catch them before they reach TeamAnandTech & Dutch power cows.

Having said that, we are about the only team putting up a fight to the Ni! sayers, we are up to mid august now...just another half month to pull out before the secret weapon arrives. I've hopefully got a friends thats still at CERN involved. Don't know how many compurters he has acess to, but if he gets a few it will help us a bit. If we hit that magic 10 a day level constantly we'll be on around 70 a week, still 10 shy of the Ni total but its getting closer.

pEZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
Well, as of right now, according to EOC, we are set to catch General Mayhem at a little less than a year from now - sometime next May. With the coming of the G5, we should be able to do it quicker, we just have to keep on a'Foldin'.

We gotta make it into the top 20 soon. We can do it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.