Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plux79

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
Ok, so I installed bootcamp with XP Pro on my MBP. Everything works fine and I am trying parallels for the first time. After installing parallels, everything works good under parallels. So, I restarted my MBP to use bootcamp, it loads fine until I logged in then the BSOD appears and restarted the computer. It happens everytime it loads into windows now.

Do you guys have any idea what is going on? Thank you in advance.

plux79

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
Ok, so I installed bootcamp with XP Pro on my MBP. Everything works fine and I am trying parallels for the first time. After installing parallels, everything works good under parallels. So, I restarted my MBP to use bootcamp, it loads fine until I logged in then the BSOD appears and restarted the computer. It happens everytime it loads into windows now.

Do you guys have any idea what is going on? Thank you in advance.

Update: I uninstall Parallels and I can load into windows fine without any BSOD. But, upon windows, my steam application quit unexpectedly while loading, so I have to reinstall the whole steam and its games.

Now, I have tried bootcamp, parallels and VMware Fusion (on a macbook). Only parallels had given me problems and messed up my steam account. VMware is a better and superior program regarding VM. I was not impressed with parallels and will be staying away from it until it became a stable program.

plux79

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
Update: I uninstall Parallels and I can load into windows fine without any BSOD. But, upon windows, my steam application quit unexpectedly while loading, so I have to reinstall the whole steam and its games.

Now, I have tried bootcamp, parallels and VMware Fusion (on a macbook). Only parallels had given me problems and messed up my steam account. VMware is a better and superior program regarding VM. I was not impressed with parallels and will be staying away from it until it became a stable program.

Also, does anybody know why my Eject key is not working under bootcamp?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.