PDA

View Full Version : PowerMac to PowerBook hook-up?

brogers
Jul 5, 2003, 12:25 PM
I am thinking about getting a 17" PowerBook for work. Later I will be getting a dual 2 G5. My question is this: Can I hook up the 17" monitor to the G5 without the PowerBook slowing down the G5.

DHagan4755
Jul 5, 2003, 12:38 PM
What you seek to do is not possible. Sorry.

t^3
Jul 5, 2003, 01:30 PM
You can use Apple Remote Desktop or a similar program to takeover the G5 from the PowerBook, but I'm not sure if you need a monitor connected to the G5 if you're planning to just use the PowerBook's screen. You do, of course, need to hookup a monitor to setup the G5 and ARD in the first place. Anyone have any thoughts?

Kwyjibo
Jul 5, 2003, 02:31 PM
interesting idea but i think that would be more harm than good.....Its a good idea brogers, but the consensus is that it will never be something you can do, or atleast not in the near future

we need a macrumors FAQ section, i don't know how many time i've read this simply because the powerbooks have such nice screens.

brogers
Jul 5, 2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
interesting idea but i think that would be more harm than good.....Its a good idea brogers, but the consensus is that it will never be something you can do, or atleast not in the near future

we need a macrumors FAQ section, i don't know how many time i've read this simply because the powerbooks have such nice screens.

Thanks for the help. Wasn't sure it could be done, and you are right about the FAQ section.

brogers