PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Gives Five Stars to Toilet

Royal Pineapple
Jul 5, 2003, 07:52 PM
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-singapore-toilet-award,0,4631726.story?coll=sns-ap-nationworld-headlines

SINGAPORE -- Singapore's environment minister awarded the country's first five-star rating to a public restroom on Tuesday, at the start of a nationwide drive to flush out dirty lavatories.

Environment Minister Lim Swee Say launched the "Happy Toilet" campaign, which will rate public restrooms using a five-star system similar to that used for hotels....

tazo
Jul 5, 2003, 09:14 PM
now the only question is how much will you have to pay for these 5 star toilets :)

P-Worm
Jul 6, 2003, 11:43 AM
So is this kind of like the bathroom Homer goes to when he gets hair for an episode? You know, the one with the waterfall and the chamber orchestra playing and the exotic birds flying around? Man I would love to crap in that place.

P-Worm

wdlove
Jul 6, 2003, 01:31 PM
I was disappointed that they didn't have a picture of this 5 star toilet. Was imagining that it would be quite amazing!

uhlawboi80
Jul 6, 2003, 03:45 PM
its in singapore...it probably got 5 stars for being able to flush and being clean in general...i doubt it was anying like some palacial bathroom

wdlove
Jul 6, 2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by uhlawboi80
its in singapore...it probably got 5 stars for being able to flush and being clean in general...i doubt it was anying like some palacial bathroom

I would expect that a toilet that got a 5 star rating would be a more than just a cut above the rest. It should include some services such as a steam clean after each use and someone to hand you a towel at the very least!