PDA

View Full Version : Faked Story - 5 Puppies, Mother Tossed Onto N.Y. Freeway

eyelikeart
Jul 5, 2003, 11:53 PM
http://www.theneworleanschannel.com/news/2313280/detail.html

Now, I saw this on the news earlier tonite. This belongs up with that serial cat killer stuff. So sad. I hope they find the sick people who did this.

Frohickey
Jul 5, 2003, 11:58 PM
Sick bastard.

tazo
Jul 6, 2003, 12:04 AM
I cannot imagine a more barbaric and senselessly cruel act than the killing of innocent dogs. Puppies no less! How could anyone hurt such cool creatures :(

This is a sad, sad day :(

macfan
Jul 6, 2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by tazo
I cannot imagine a more barbaric and senselessly cruel act than the killing of innocent dogs. Puppies no less! How could anyone hurt such cool creatures :(

This is a sad, sad day :(

Imagine this. (http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3973023.html):(

macphoria
Jul 6, 2003, 12:15 AM
Not long ago, I read an article about this guy dropping a kitty onto a barbecue grill while his buddies watched. Fortunately, the sick punk was apprehended. I hope same happens to whoever did this thing in NY.

tazo
Jul 6, 2003, 12:16 AM
There is no emoticon available on any board that could have adequately expressed the look on my face as I read that article.

voicegy
Jul 6, 2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by tazo
There is no emoticon available on any board that could have adequately expressed the look on my face as I read that article.

Well, that about says it for me too.

Apologies accepted, tazo. We've had some spirited converstations, and you're an asset to this board.

tazo
Jul 6, 2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by voicegy
Well, that about says it for me too.

Apologies accepted, tazo. We've had some spirited converstations, and you're an asset to this board.

Thank you Voicegy :)

QCassidy352
Jul 6, 2003, 01:18 AM
it just doesn't get any sicker. It's just so... senseless.

Frohickey
Jul 6, 2003, 01:32 AM
I keep thinking that the article title should have been...

5 Puppies, Bitch Tossed Onto N.Y. Freeway

Bitch, meaning female dog.

tazo
Jul 6, 2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Frohickey
I keep thinking that the article title should have been...

5 Puppies, Bitch Tossed Onto N.Y. Freeway

Bitch, meaning female dog.

i agree, i saw this thread's name and thought, some carjacker through a like human mother with 5 puppies :(

Angelus
Jul 6, 2003, 07:47 AM
What twisted minds could do such a thing?

Mr. Anderson
Jul 6, 2003, 08:07 AM
Well, at least they didn't all die - bastards. I hope they're caught......:mad: :mad:

G4scott
Jul 6, 2003, 09:55 AM
Senseless and barbaric are right...

They should get the guys who did this, and put them in bags, and throw them out on the freeway just to see what it felt like...

The sad thing is, if they're caught, they'd probably get a tougher sentence than somebody who did something like this to people...

eyelikeart
Jul 6, 2003, 10:07 AM
Well, the thing I'm thinking is that someone had to know of a friend who had a dog with a litter of puppies. I'd hope that would lead to an apprehension of some sort.

MacFan25
Jul 6, 2003, 10:25 AM
this and the cat serial killer are the saddest things that I have heard about for a long time. :(

sick people! :mad:

wdlove
Jul 6, 2003, 01:39 PM
That is trully sad, it brings tears to my eyes! The inhumanity of man. My thought would be, just what is the treatment of their children. I hope they find them and they are prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Words cannot fully express the outrage that I feel. A dogs life is so precious! :(

Stelliform
Jul 6, 2003, 01:58 PM
I am glad they have witnesses and other people stopped to help. I hope the culprits get years in prison...

Frohickey
Jul 6, 2003, 02:09 PM
Caught?

Forget that.

I hope that they get struck by lightning. Picked up by a tornado. Dumped into an active volcano. Thrown out by an eruption. And have a group of cats lick at the 80% 3rd/4th degree burns over their body with their cat tongues.

BaghdadBob
Jul 6, 2003, 02:30 PM
That's just really sad. I ahve limits on my sense of animal rights vis-a-vis hunting, etc, but there is just no excuse for that. Any one who is capable of such a thing just wasn't raised right...

Or is a complete psycho. Whichever.

Frohickey
Jul 6, 2003, 06:29 PM
Hunting is different.

You do not want the animal to suffer. You want a quick kill, and the more relaxed the animal is, the better tasting the meat will be.

That, and if you have the correct sauces, ageing technique, vegetable garnish, and computer-controlled oven temperature.

Wonder when they will make firewire-enabled kitchen stoves and ovens... have the G5 churn out perfect roasts. :D

eyelikeart
Jul 6, 2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
My thought would be, just what is the treatment of their children.

yeah...child/spouse abuse can often have its roots in pet/animal abuse... :(

wdlove
Jul 6, 2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
yeah...child/spouse abuse can often have its roots in pet/animal abuse... :(

You are sadly very correct eyelikeart. From what I have head about those in prison, many began their career with abuse of animals. If only society had stopped them at that point. Hopefully this family can get some help along with some jail time! :(

Wardofsky
Jul 6, 2003, 11:13 PM
That's truly disgusting, I could never imagine what stress the dogs would be in.

sparkleytone
Jul 6, 2003, 11:34 PM
omg. that just hurts my heart.

i usually don't read the links to stories like this, but this one i did. that is just too sad.

eyelikeart
Jul 7, 2003, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by wdlove
You are sadly very correct eyelikeart. From what I have head about those in prison, many began their career with abuse of animals. If only society had stopped them at that point.

That's the thing, it's not society that can prevent it from happening...only to dish out a sentence for doing so. I firmly believe that some people are wired to act out in evil ways, and there's no help for them other than to strip them of their basic freedom & keep them locked away.

Wardofsky
Jul 7, 2003, 08:05 AM
I can't understand the motive which would power such a serious offence.

If they wanted to get rid of the dogs, at least drop them of at a dogs house, this is almost worse than drowning them.

BaghdadBob
Jul 7, 2003, 12:52 PM
That's the thing, it's not society that can prevent it from happening...only to dish out a sentence for doing so. I firmly believe that some people are wired to act out in evil ways, and there's no help for them other than to strip them of their basic freedom & keep them locked away.
Or drop them off a damn bridge.

King Cobra
Jul 7, 2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by macfan
Imagine this. (http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3973023.html):(

404 error, luckily.

Anymore stories like that, and I won't feel the same eating chocolate.

I'm telling you...people these days just want everything for themselves. Some are even so selfish that they won't think about what their life would be without dogs.

I think whoever did this is about to find out.

cyberddot
Jul 7, 2003, 07:15 PM
Oringally posted by eyelikeart

yeah...child/spouse abuse can often have its roots in pet/animal abuse...

Could also be that pet/animal abuse might find it's roots in child/spouse abuse.
Nature vs nurture?

Adults showing little regard for their con-specifics can, by example, lead to kids having even less regard for the lives of other species.

But puppies...?

applemacdude
Jul 7, 2003, 07:20 PM
Poor little pupies:( :( :( How can a person be so cruel to kill so many innocent poor animals like that? How? The dirty bastards should have their dicks cut off and live their lives in jail. Stupid retards. Poor doggies. At least one of 'em got saved:(

BaghdadBob
Jul 7, 2003, 08:45 PM
It really speaks to the devaluation of life in our society. I mean, I love a good game where I can spill some guts, same with movies (as long as its not totally senseless ala Hellraiser), and I love violent anime (Fist of the Northstar! Yeah biyotch!)...and yet I value life. Odd?

I just don't know what to pin it on. I'm usually against the whole "My kid/friend did such-and-such because he saw it on TV" crap...but that's changed a little bit with the nasty reality television wave... I still think people are responsible for their own actions, but we've crossed the line from pretending to do nasty insensitive things to people to really doing those things, for entertainment. This can't help but have an actual effect on our culture. In fact, we're seeing the symptoms -- we've all (or most, I hope) seen the footage of the guy who ran up and socked some guy in the face on the street, knocking him clean on his ass while his friends video-taped it. We've had two similar random attacks in Bellingham very recently.

Also, I think the standard of what is violence in video games has broadened, like in GTA where you can murder hookers. For an adult/teenager I wouldn't see anything wrong with this per se, but parents are buying their kids these games...WTF? What happened to freaking Mario Party?

Animal cruelty just seems to becoming really common...even cool. I wish I knew what the deal was. Maybe we're just seeing another symptom of the collapse of morals in general...

Sun Baked
Jul 8, 2003, 09:01 PM
You've been scammed...

Fake story.

Woman makes up story about tossed puppies

Associated Press
Jul. 8, 2003 01:57 PM

SYRACUSE, N.Y. - A 35-year-old woman who told state police that someone threw five puppies and their mother out of a car on an interstate highway admitted Tuesday that she made up the whole story.

"The whole thing was a fabrication," State Police Senior Investigator Norman Ashbarry said. "She actually got the puppy in Syracuse last Thursday evening, and as she was driving home, for no reason, called the state police and made up the story."

Tracy L. Lloyd, of North Syracuse, was charged with falsely reporting an incident and released. She is scheduled to appear in Salina Town Court on July 17.

Ashbarry said troopers were concerned because Lloyd "was the only one who gave us the story."...

[delete to end]

BaghdadBob
Jul 8, 2003, 10:04 PM
Yeah, OK, well...my last post still goes.

But, good.

Frohickey
Jul 9, 2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked
You've been scammed...

Fake story.
Woman makes up story about tossed puppies

Associated Press
Jul. 8, 2003 01:57 PM

SYRACUSE, N.Y. - A 35-year-old woman who told state police that someone threw five puppies and their mother out of a car on an interstate highway admitted Tuesday that she made up the whole story.

The Associated Press story should have read Bitch makes up story about bitch and tossed puppies
:D

In this case, the word fits. :p

wdlove
Jul 9, 2003, 08:06 PM
I'm glad to hear that the story was a fake for the sake of innocent puppies. Don't know why someone would make a story up like that, some people! :(

I hope that they plan to prosecute her for giving a false police report!

MacFan25
Jul 9, 2003, 09:08 PM
I'm glad that the story was a fake also. Hopefully no one will get any ideas from this story, though.

eyelikeart
Jul 9, 2003, 09:44 PM
well it still goes to the fact that there's some seriously ********d up people in this world... :rolleyes:

donigian
Jul 9, 2003, 10:02 PM
This was a sick and despicable act. And I agree that the headline should be changed from "mother" to something else. I thought it was going to be a human being!

eyelikeart
Jul 10, 2003, 06:20 AM
due to popular demand...

the thread title has been changed...with taste, of course... ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jul 10, 2003, 06:36 AM
Ok, now this is almost as bad as it actually happening. That woman is wacked in the head.....:rolleyes:

I wonder if they arrested her on false information.....you know they had to send out someone to check the highway....

D

Wardofsky
Jul 10, 2003, 06:45 AM
It's sick in both ways.

I'm guessing she may have done so for the attention but still, that's really annoying.

eyelikeart
Jul 10, 2003, 06:48 AM
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/state/ny-stpups093364789jul09,0,3549370.story

Mr. Anderson
Jul 10, 2003, 09:21 AM
Ah, but the best is the bottom sentence:

"As for the American Eskimo puppy, it's alive and well and headed back to its original home. State Police said they had seized the dog from Lloyd."

they took the dog from her - good, serves her right!:mad:

D

eyelikeart
Jul 10, 2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
they took the dog from her - good, serves her right!:mad:

I know...what a freak...honestly... :rolleyes:

Other than getting yourself on tv, by silhouette, what other recognition do u gain from pulling a stunt like this?

Mr. Anderson
Jul 10, 2003, 11:06 AM
I know...what a freak...honestly... :rolleyes:

Other than getting yourself on tv, by silhouette, what other recognition do u gain from pulling a stunt like this?

Hey, the whole thing went international, so her and her stupidity got global coverage......

Although in her home town I imagine she's not going to be wishing she was there - imagine all the talk behind her back when she's out getting groceries?

D

evoluzione
Jul 16, 2003, 09:02 PM
thinking up a story like that is as bad as actually doing it. just thankfully no-one gets hurt (physically). i hope she does go down with some time, either that or a frontal lobotomy :rolleyes:

Stelliform
Jul 16, 2003, 09:23 PM
What kind of person drives home from getting a puppy and says, "Hey why don't I call the cops and make up an outrageous story? Sounds like fun, Anna Nicole is a rerun tonight anyway...." :rolleyes: :D