Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
So I just opened up my ibook which was in sleep and when I did it went straight to a screen with a white background and vertical lines of lots of different colors and froze this way. I forced shutdown tried turning on and it remained black. I tried again and the screen again went to the colored lines screen. I tried once more and this time it booted up but I am obviously worried this is a much larger issue. Can someone please advise me what to do. I have applecare but I wanted to trouble shoot here first since it will probably me more timely and I think AppleCare might be closes now -- please help!
Thanks

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
my guess is that it is the logic board, or some other hardware problen, you will have to use your apple care to get this fixed.

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
my guess is that it is the logic board, or some other hardware problen, you will have to use your apple care to get this fixed.
Yea, logic board would be my guess too. :( Sorry to hear it, it's a good thing you have AppleCare though, otherwise it would be one expensive fix!

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
So annoyed with Apple. I had my original machine replaced 6 months ago to a bad logic board and corrupt HD and I lost everything. This is the 2nd time!

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Like i said right now it booted up and it has been running ok. I am just trying to back everything up again just in case. Since it is working at the moment do you think it is still the logic baord?

Sopranino

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2006
Alberta, Canada
It could be a poor solder connection which is making an intermittent connection, (or loosing the connection). Definitely take it in to be looked at.

One other thing that you could look at yourself (although the symptoms don't really match up) is re-seating the memory sticks.

Sopranino

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
That stinks. Well, be sure to copy everything off as fast as you can just in case.

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
well I got everything onto my ipod (so happy I got the 60) what really stinks is i am in canada for another week so I have to wait till I get back home. Maybe theyll give me a macbook -- ha hopeful wishing

haiggy

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2003
Ontario, Canada
my iBook does the same thing... however 2/3 of the screen is normal and 1/3 bar along the bottom has exactly what you've described. so glad I got this new MBP :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.