PDA

View Full Version : TiBook Problems

lil' brudder
Jun 14, 2007, 07:26 PM
Ok, so my sister has a Powerbook G4 TiBook 1Ghz and she was using it about an hour and a half ago. She was working on a paper when she set it down to eat supper. When she came back, it was off and there was no light on the power cord. For about two months her battery has not been holding a charge so she has been tethered to her power outlet. Could this be putting strain on the power cord and it went kaput, the battery, or is it the computer? I tried using it with the battery not in it and that was to no avail. It is not under applecare so what would my options be for repair? Thanks in advance!

lil' brudder
Jun 15, 2007, 11:08 PM
Don't all post at once now! :D After putting her power adapter up to my ear I heard a rapid ticking noise from within the power adapter so I figure thats it. If anyone reads this and theirs ticks, but still works fine, please message back before we buy a new cord! Thanks!

crazzyeddie
Jun 15, 2007, 11:22 PM
Its probably the power adapter. You're supposed to keep a battery in the computer because the adapter actually doesnt provide peak power. If it just suddenly stopped working then its probably the adapter.