Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

We don't have the backstory on this ad, but iPhoneNewYorkCity.com hosts an unofficial iPhone television advertisement created by Alec Sutherland, Anthony Hechanova, and Todd DosSantos.

The ad flashes between different people from different cultures and languages in New York City discussing the iPhone.
"No buttons, huh?" ... "Just touch the screen" ... "zoom in just by stretching your finger across it"
The ad ends with "Coming June 29 2007". The ad is clearly the result of a the casting call in April which called for "people of diverse ethnic backgrounds discussing different functions and attributes of the unreleased phone in their native tongue while participating in everyday activities" to participate in an iPhone ad.

ventro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2006
Didn't like the slow fade-ins of the logo at the end. Everyone knows that Apple shows their logo and product for like 0.02 seconds at the end.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
better than apple's i think. i really don't like apple's current advertising. too boring.

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California
Meh. I don't buy it. The portrayal of the 'real life' people of the actors in the spec seemed more smarter than any average person I've come across.

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2006
New Jersey
Love it, except for the bad fonts at the end... they should be a bit more modern and simplistic like the product they have been talking about for the whole spot.

Dan Peterson

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2007
Meh. I don't buy it. The portrayal of the 'real life' people of the actors in the spec seemed more smarter than any average person I've come across.

More smarter huh? ... all depends on the circles you run in I guess :p.

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
it's a spec spot.

A lot of wanna be commercial directors do this kind of stuff to add to their reel in order to get real commercial work.

It's well done, just the end tag is weak.

flir67

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2005
I like to also, very upbeat and made in such a way to include the world communities.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.