PDA

View Full Version : Stars to Wii Points - part 2

Dagless
Jun 15, 2007, 11:05 AM
Good news everyone. Just got an email from Nintendo

However, you will soon be able to swap your Stars for Wii Points in the Stars Catalogue if you linked your Wii Shop Channel account to your online Nintendo membership.

Nintendo have revamped a lot of their star system too. Stars older than 12 months will be removed next year (probably to quash the dreams of people like me who have built up 8k stars) etc. So it looks like it's going to be very soon! Huzzah! I'll be wallowing in VC goodness.

Other Nintendo-Europe users, check your inboxes.

Agilus
Jun 15, 2007, 11:56 AM
I so wish Nintendo had was doing something like this in the States!

Dagless
Jun 15, 2007, 12:22 PM
I just hope it works out with a 1:1 conversion rate.
You get 500 stars for a Wii. Nes games are 500 points. I should hope Nintendo would be nice enough to give out a NES game with each Wii. Some numbers --

Gamecube - 1000 points
Games - 250
GB player - 400
DS, Lite, GB Micro and Wii consoles - 500

You even get Stars for buying Virtual Console games. Oddly enough.

BoyBach
Jun 15, 2007, 01:22 PM
I've just had that very same e-mail.

Finally a point to the Star Points. (No pun intended.)

elfin buddy
Jun 15, 2007, 01:31 PM
Wow, that's pretty sweet! I want a Wii :( And I also want to live in Europe :o

MacRumorUser
Jun 16, 2007, 06:28 AM
If they boot the older star points from the outside I'll be miffed. Got around 7.5k of them - but very few are from wii purchases

Dagless
Jun 16, 2007, 07:11 AM
I was worried about that too. But Caroline actually read the email in detail and soothed me back to calm. Turns out your old Stars will be deleted - after July 2008.

MacRumorUser
Jun 16, 2007, 02:06 PM
I was worried about that too. But Caroline actually read the email in detail and soothed me back to calm. Turns out your old Stars will be deleted - after July 2008.

Sweet. I might finally get some VC content ;) :D

Vidd
Jun 16, 2007, 07:11 PM
This is way overdue! I'll have to find all the slips that I haven't claimed!

Ja Di ksw
Jun 17, 2007, 12:34 PM
Ok, I'm really confused. Stars? I have a Wii and I've never heard of Stars. Are they only in Europe?

Dagless
Jun 17, 2007, 12:43 PM
I think so. Basically if you buy something produced by Nintendo be it software or hardware - you get stars. You stick them onto your Nintendo Europe account and do nothing with them because it's been a pretty much idle service for the past 6 years.

MacRumorUser
Jun 17, 2007, 12:50 PM
You stick them onto your Nintendo Europe account and do nothing with them because it's been a pretty much idle service for the past 6 years.

LOL exactly. Well you could get a crappy ringtone !!! ;) :D

Ja Di ksw
Jun 17, 2007, 12:56 PM
ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up :).

djstarrock
Jun 18, 2007, 12:56 PM
Ok so when this going to happen any confirmed date.

atiffarooq
Jun 18, 2007, 12:59 PM
Ok so when this going to happen any confirmed date.
Not any time soon ... I think it's scheduled to happen some time next summer. But I may be corrected very quickly if I'm wrong ... :p

Dagless
Jun 18, 2007, 02:29 PM
It won't be next year. My guess is it'll happen next month. The system apparently is already in place, back in March they accidentally opened it up (700 stars for 1000 points) and quickly shut it down again.

My guess? Since Nintendo are renewing all this Stars stuff - next month.

BoyBach
Sep 7, 2007, 06:05 AM
Has anyone got any more news on when this will start?

Knowing my luck, I bet it will be for a limited time and run whilst I'm away!

IscariotJ
Sep 7, 2007, 07:11 AM
Has anyone got any more news on when this will start?

Knowing my luck, I bet it will be for a limited time and run whilst I'm away!

Was only wondering the same thing the other day. I've heard nothing since I received the email. I've got nearly 9000 stars I'm waiting to spend on Paper Mario.

Other than getting the Zelda Collectors Edition, the stars have been untouched for years.....

Antares
Sep 7, 2007, 10:38 AM
This Stars program is not fair at all. Why do Europeans only get it? Where's our reward for being loyal Nintendo customers? :confused: :mad:

Dagless
Sep 7, 2007, 11:02 AM
Boo hoo for half price games in America :p

Agilus
Sep 7, 2007, 12:05 PM
Boo hoo for half price games in America :p

LOL - Good way to look at it. I was mentally complaining about not having a similar system here in the US, but I guess I'd rather have cheaper games and hardware.

Tom B.
Sep 10, 2007, 05:37 PM
I'll wet myself with pure happiness if this happens at the same time Super Metroid appears on the European Virtual console. :D No dirty jokes about the liquid form of pure happiness please! I already know exactly what you're thinking.

Edit: Nintendo website is down!
Our website won't be available for a couple of hours, as we're currently arranging some technical modifications.
Does this mean Wii Points for Stars tomorrow? We can only hope...

Dagless
Sep 10, 2007, 09:05 PM
Sites back up?