Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 9, 2002
So... *Sigh*

I was using VMWare Fusion, and I had the WC3 World Editor running under Windows (using a 3rd party plugin that doesn't work in OSX). I then made the mistake of trying to launch WC3 in OSX, and I just got a black screen. I rebooted my computer, and tried launching WC3 again... still just a black screen. I then uninstalled WC3 (deleting the app folder, and using spotlight to find everything in the libraries and deleting them), and reinstalled it, and now when i try to launch the app it just says unexpectedly quit. Rebooted, same problem. Oh yes, and I did try repairing permissions.

Any suggestions?

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 9, 2002
You would normally patch it by way of logging onto Battle.net, but I can't launch the application so I can't patch it.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 9, 2002
You can only patch one version at a time, you can't install the newest patch directly to a fresh install.

IscariotJ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2004
UK
You can only patch one version at a time, you can't install the newest patch directly to a fresh install.

Really? It works with SC, just wondering why it wouldn't work with WC ( it's been a while since I've done a fresh install ).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.