PDA

View Full Version : my membership turns three years old this week

jefhatfield
Jul 6, 2003, 08:51 PM
it's been so fast

i miss spikey, ensign paris, alpha tech, and many other old timers

britboy
Jul 6, 2003, 09:36 PM
Heh, you really are turning into the old man of macrumors there jef ;) I agree though. It's a shame those you listed (and omitted) were either too contentious for others to handle, or lost interest due to one reason or another. There's so many new members now that it's hard to get to know anyone like in the early days of MR.

Then again, you could always become a demi. Things get a lot more personal in there ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jul 6, 2003, 09:41 PM
Congrats on sticking around - I saw that your user id is 340 - I don't know if there are any other users with lower ids than you (except maybe arn) that post regularly. Even eye is 1045....

D :D

jefhatfield
Jul 7, 2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Congrats on sticking around - I saw that your user id is 340 - I don't know if there are any other users with lower ids than you (except maybe arn) that post regularly. Even eye is 1045....

D :D

where is the id located? and what is it?

i think kainjow who joined on 6-15-2000 is the oldest currently posting person besides arn, blakespot, and macrumors

i have no idea if he/she is a regular member or one of the creators of macrumors like the three

Durandal7
Jul 7, 2003, 04:06 AM
The ID is the number in the URL of your profile

i.e. http://forums.macrumors.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1329
1329 being the ID number.

It indicates when you joined in relation to everyone else.

jefhatfield
Jul 7, 2003, 04:44 AM
wow. thanks

btw, kainjow is only id number 190 which is the oldest regular poster i can think of

blakespot is the oldest listed at id number 9

eyelikeart
Jul 7, 2003, 09:16 AM
yeah...I've been around for 2.5 years this month... :D

time flies, eh?

so jef...what are u going to do for your 3rd anniversary? ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jul 7, 2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
btw, kainjow is only id number 190 which is the oldest regular poster i can think of

blakespot is the oldest listed at id number 9

Arn is 1. He and blakespot don't really count since they run the site.

kainjow is interesting - didn't even know about him. How did you know he was earlier than you? He's been here longer and had only 50 posts in over 3 years!

D

jefhatfield
Jul 7, 2003, 10:31 AM
for my anniversary, i will post

as for kainjow, he is a member with 50 posts in a sea of early subscribers with 0 posts...he is quite easy to spot and he even made a post as late as this spring

he is around, but not that much

Backtothemac
Jul 16, 2003, 06:20 PM
Man, I am 3127. That is cool that you can check that. I don't even know when I registered. I think I am coming up on two years before too long.

job
Jul 16, 2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
Man, I am 3127. That is cool that you can check that. I don't even know when I registered. I think I am coming up on two years before too long.

Us January 2002 members are at roughly 1.5 years. :D ;)

Oh, and my id is 3781.

Rower_CPU
Jul 16, 2003, 06:35 PM
A year and 3/4s for me. #2423 :D

MrMacMan
Jul 16, 2003, 09:37 PM
Haha, I registed like a year after you after floating around the boards for about 6 months.

ah well.

edit: 1807 I PWN most of you! ;)

(kidding)