Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Hey guys, I've been playing around with SlideShow Pro (and SSP Director) for the past few months and I think it's quite amazing. You have a great deal of control over the site look, and the coding is really top notch. SSP is cheap, and if you have Flash, I would seriously give it a try.

I know next to nothing about Flash, and not a great deal about HTML, but even I am able to get a pretty good result. This is the first time I've shown my work here, so be gentle if you comment on the photos themselves. :eek: I just want to share the software that has helped me appear like I know what I'm doing!

-Grimace.

bmb012

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2006
Wow, that really looks great. I honestly wouldn't have thought that it would be that easy to do something like that. Once again I'm reminded how foolish Adobe is being with Flash nowadays...:(

But, very cool site, nice photos, just wanted to thank you for helping me retain some faith in the ease of use of Flash, if not in Adobe's direction with Flash...

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
I've also found autoviewer and simpleviewer to be about as easy as can be and pretty slick. They don't have the same feature set, but hey.. they're free.

alembic

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2005
Hi Grimace, very nice pics! and thanks for the heads up on SSP/Director. I noticed that SSP is compatible with various versions of Flash. I'm not a web designer nor do I have plans to be one. I gather I could buy Macromedia Flash 8 Basic (if I can find a copy) and not miss anything that Adobe Flash CS3 might have? I'd only buy it to use SSP. Thanks. Jo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.