PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day!

Jasonbot
Jun 17, 2007, 04:21 AM
I can't believe no one put up a Father's Day thread yet:p

Anyways, happy fathers day to all you fathers out there!

Kamera RAWr
Jun 17, 2007, 05:16 AM
Happy Fathers Day to all those... past, present and future :)

Edit: Hope all of you understand what I mean :)

mad jew
Jun 17, 2007, 06:17 AM
Here's (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=315084) one from yesterday. :)

skunk
Jun 17, 2007, 06:21 AM
When is Grandfathers' Day?

mad jew
Jun 17, 2007, 06:26 AM
Yesterday. Have you forgotten already?

Jasonbot
Jun 17, 2007, 08:43 AM
Here's (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=315084) one from yesterday. :)

I knew I'd get caught like this! Sadly I was away playing rugby yesterday and missed out :(

dmw007
Jun 17, 2007, 09:34 PM
Happy Fathers Day to all you fathers out there! :) :) :)

iSaint
Jun 17, 2007, 09:57 PM
I had a great father's day! My son, age 8, cooked me breakfast, took me to a water slide and pool, got me a card, and cooked a chocolate cake for us all! He is very thoughtful.

The 13 year old (girl) told me happy father's day and signed the card. :rolleyes: Def a teenager, but she's done these things in the past.

And I did call my father. :o

Chundles
Jun 17, 2007, 10:04 PM
Father's Day is in September here but Happy Father's Day to all you Dads up north.

millar876
Jun 18, 2007, 12:38 AM
myself and my wife both took our dads out for lunch, and gave them a card that said "Happy fathers day, Grandad" and waited for them to catch on. The expressions on their faces was brilliant.

iSaint
Jun 18, 2007, 08:36 AM
myself and my wife both took our dads out for lunch, and gave them a card that said "Happy fathers day, Grandad" and waited for them to catch on. The expressions on their faces was brilliant.

Yay! How fun! Congratulations.

Thomas Veil
Jun 18, 2007, 09:11 AM
Yesterday was kind of crazy. Day after my daughter's wedding, so we celebrated Father's Day as a sort of afterthought in the flurry of things like returning tuxes and stuff.

But I got to spend some time with two of my three kids. (The other one was working.) My son Jason is a great dad to my granddaughter, so we got him a card as well. :D I love the fact that they always give me a card from my granddaughter, who's two now.

And I used to have an engraved key ring from my daughter. It was special to me, but the fob broke off a few years ago. In the midst of all her wedding stuff, she bought me a new one: "Happy Father's Day -- always your little girl, Natalie." That really touched me.

millar, the "Granddad" bit was inspired. Good job!