PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC: Abbas appointed new cabinet

clevin
Jun 17, 2007, 10:42 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19242616/

Now, Should west deal with democatically elected government (Hammas) or authoritatively appointed government?

Interesting

Ugg
Jun 17, 2007, 11:38 AM
We shouldn't be dealing with Musharraf in Pakistan then, should we? What about Putin? There are probably a dozen other leaders that we shouldn't be dealing with either due to the fact they gained power through illegal tactics.

FFTT
Jun 17, 2007, 12:57 PM
So Israel and the U.S. didn't like the way their democracy turned out, so
never mind, we know what's best for you, er us, Oh whatevah!

dogbone
Jun 17, 2007, 01:16 PM
So Israel and the U.S. didn't like the way their democracy turned out, so
never mind, we know what's best for you, er us, Oh whatevah!

I'll never understand this ridiculous notion that democracy is only for terrorists. Look Hamas were "democratically" elected fine. That was the majority choice at the time, whether they would have voted the same way if they knew the results of their actions, we'll never know.

BUT

Do not forget that the democratically elected governments that choose not to deal with democratically elected terrorists, are also exercising their democratic rights. Democracy it ain't just for terrorists.

FFTT
Jun 17, 2007, 02:08 PM
Just to make something perfectly clear.

I do not trust any of these corrupt scoundrels who proclaim to be working in our best interest. Riiiight!

They keep the various factions at each other's throats, so they won't focus
on the true evil that is the source of all this disharmony and bloodshed.

All of them use religion as a tool to manipulate the masses for their own
benefit.

All we have here is a bunch of deeply corrupt elitists proclaiming to be
Christians, Jews and Muslims.

They all belong in prison for what they have done.

skunk
Jun 17, 2007, 03:14 PM
Do not forget that the democratically elected governments that choose not to deal with democratically elected terrorists, are also exercising their democratic rights. Democracy it ain't just for terrorists.If they can't handle the results of a democratic election, they shouldn't be promoting democracy. It's obviously more than they can manage to negotiate in good faith. What happened to the honest brokers? I'm sick of being represented by lying war criminals who pretend they have the moral high ground.

FFTT
Jun 17, 2007, 03:29 PM
What disturbs me even further is that we aren't seeing mass protests here.

Everyone is too divided or too self absorbed worrying about their job and their credit rating to take action.

A society of self induced slavery and apathetic bliss as long as we have our beer, our guns and entertainment.

We don't deserve honest government, because we can't even agree enough
to take our country back from these thieving bastards.

All of them regardless of their so call party affiliation.

They continue to divide an manipulate on social " values"

The U.S. Constitution has been rendered ineffective by our own stupidity.

Macky-Mac
Jun 17, 2007, 03:32 PM
the Arab League meeting in response to the crisis has decided to back Abbas

here are severral excerpts from an al-Jazeera report on the results of the meeting;

"Arab states have thrown their support behind the leadership of Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian president, and urged a halt to infighting so that the unity of Palestinian lands can be preserved.

"We are supporting President Abbas and we are supporting the elected legislative assembly," Amr Moussa, Arab League secretary-general, said on Friday."

The Arab League also backed Abbas's decision to apppoint Salam Fayyad, the World Bank economist turned Palestinian finance minister, as prime minister, saying that the "legitimacy of his leadership" must be respected.

"A statement from the 22 members of the group condemned what it called "the criminal acts recently committed in Gaza"

the report can be found here;
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/F69114ED-65E3-40D4-856E-F7327EE6B26E.htm

skunk
Jun 17, 2007, 03:39 PM
the Arab League meeting in response to the crisis has decided to back AbbasDoesn't surprise me in the least. Depressing, but not surprising: they've already all been bought, or is it sold?

Peterkro
Jun 17, 2007, 04:47 PM
What disturbs me even further is that we aren't seeing mass protests here.

Everyone is too divided or too self absorbed worrying about their job and their credit rating to take action.

A society of self induced slavery and apathetic bliss as long as we have our beer, our guns and entertainment.

We don't deserve honest government, because we can't even agree enough
to take our country back from these thieving bastards.

All of them regardless of their so call party affiliation.

They continue to divide an manipulate on social " values"

The U.S. Constitution has been rendered ineffective by our own stupidity.

Great post FFTT,sometimes I'm guilty of writing off most of the US population as being as you described in your post I'm glad that you reminded me that's wrong and there are sensible people in that part of the world.

dogbone
Jun 17, 2007, 10:03 PM
If they can't handle the results of a democratic election, they shouldn't be promoting democracy.

Look, my instinct is to mock this mercilessly but instead I'll play it with a straight bat.

All democracy means is that the people get to elect the government that is in charge rather than not. But that's all stuff that goes on at the server side, how this elected or non elected government interacts with the outside world is all client side.

Sure the West seems to think that it's better for the people to choose their government, nevertheless whether their government is elected or not, our government nevertheless deals with what is presented to them.

Whether the government is democratically elected or not is irrelevant with regards to whether they are acceptable to deal with. For example Gaddafi is now considered a benign leader who has modified his support for terrorism, and is acceptable, like Musharraf.

skunk
Jun 18, 2007, 02:20 AM
Look, my instinct is to mock this mercilessly but instead I'll play it with a straight bat.Playing it with a straight bat doesn't seem to involve addressing the question. By the way, I never did get an answer to your seemingly invented "murder of Fatah ministers". Maybe a bit of merciless mocking would divert my attention better.

dogbone
Jun 18, 2007, 03:07 AM
skunk,

Nah, not interested in a diverting attention game with you, I know you'll always beat me with experience.