PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Miami, FL

iMacNiPhone07
Jun 17, 2007, 05:08 PM
im waiting at the closest official At&t store near zipcode 33186.. starting at noon... if ne1 else is let me kno

Boy2roudy
Jun 19, 2007, 10:28 AM
I have a att store least that one minute away from my house near 33161

theperson
Jun 19, 2007, 06:09 PM
OP: Does that happen to be the AT&T store in front of the movie theatre in Kendall? I'll probably be there if the Lincoln Road and/or The Falls Apple Stores are packed.

loudestnoise
Jun 19, 2007, 06:12 PM
I enjoy the spelling in the title of this discussion.

bombboy
Jun 25, 2007, 10:42 AM
I really am on the fence on if I should leave work early, camp, etc. What if they're available online as well... :[

If I do it would be either the Apple store in The Falls or the ATT Wireless store on Kendall and 127th. I am right in between both.

zane
Jun 25, 2007, 10:43 AM
Well there is an at&t store and an apple store at the falls.

jdelsman
Jun 25, 2007, 12:21 PM
I'll be in the 33317 (Plantation/Davie/Sunrise) area looking for the iPhone. There are so many AT&T/Apple stores in our area that I don't think it'll be a big problem finding one.

iMacNiPhone07
Jun 25, 2007, 12:56 PM
lets all go to the falls one becuz we have more choice.. imma go every 4hrs to check startin midnite the nite be4.. the falls usually receives the most products in everything.. i waiting there for the midnite launch for halo 2 and they had 400 copies over other gamestops and ebgames

deannnnn
Jun 25, 2007, 12:58 PM
I'll be in the 33317 (Plantation/Davie/Sunrise) area looking for the iPhone. There are so many AT&T/Apple stores in our area that I don't think it'll be a big problem finding one.

That's true there are, but a lot of them are stores not owned by AT&T... and so they most likely won't be getting any iPhone shipments.

willwooten
Jun 25, 2007, 01:30 PM
i would definitely not go to the lincoln road store. that place is always packed as it is, so it's gonna be out of control on friday. plus a lot of the people who work at that store suck. they have a completely south beach mentality (= not cool).

bossmsx
Jun 25, 2007, 01:35 PM
Anyone heading to the Doral ATT store? (NW 41st Street)? That will probably be my choice simply because it is right down the street from where I work.

gogoman
Jun 25, 2007, 01:46 PM
I'm in Deerfield Beach 33441 and I've got the perfect store. Not going anywhere near the Apple Store in Town Center, that's for sure!

miguelq
Jun 25, 2007, 01:49 PM
I was thinking about waiting at the falls because the apple store should have a lot but I live in homestead (33032) and the att store on us1 does not get a lot of traffic.

If we go to the falls is anyone going the night before...i was thinking about camping out but if everyone is waiting until Friday morning i may just get there after midnight.

miguelq
Jun 25, 2007, 02:02 PM
Anyone heading to the Doral ATT store? (NW 41st Street)? That will probably be my choice simply because it is right down the street from where I work.

I actually work right here in Doral too. You referring to the one by the LA Fitness. I was wondering if a lot of people were going to be camping at that store.

jeejeebu
Jun 25, 2007, 02:33 PM
I'm not planning on buying this gen, but I do want to go check one out, if I can get my hands on one. I'm in Miami Beach, so I'll probably head down to Lincoln Road, despite the guaranteed crowds there. Unless the AT&T store on 41st St. might have one, but I doubt it.

bossmsx
Jun 25, 2007, 03:58 PM
I actually work right here in Doral too. You referring to the one by the LA Fitness. I was wondering if a lot of people were going to be camping at that store.

Yessir...That one, with the Kinko's next door.

As to whether or not the store will be crowded, it seems there are some of you who will be lining up for the phone based on what I see here, but then again, when I 'ask around' informally on a personal basis, many people are interested in it, but no one that I know of personally is actually going to be doing what we here will be doing.

miguelq
Jun 25, 2007, 06:10 PM
Yessir...That one, with the Kinko's next door.

As to whether or not the store will be crowded, it seems there are some of you who will be lining up for the phone based on what I see here, but then again, when I 'ask around' informally on a personal basis, many people are interested in it, but no one that I know of personally is actually going to be doing what we here will be doing.

Same here...i was going to get in line really early but it seems like from what i have heard, not too many people are actually getting in line. most are adapting a 'wait and see' approach.

iMacNiPhone07
Jun 25, 2007, 06:12 PM
Same here...i was going to get in line really early but it seems like from what i have heard, not too many people are actually getting in line. most are adapting a 'wait and see' approach.

imma wait and see 2 .. me and my friend are just ganna sleep in the car rite in the front of the store wit my laptop and just watch sum movies till ppl show up .. then we'll get in line

miguelq
Jun 25, 2007, 06:14 PM
imma wait and see 2 .. me and my friend are just ganna sleep in the car rite in the front of the store wit my laptop and just watch sum movies till ppl show up .. then we'll get in line

that's cool. which store did you decide on. i am torn between the apple store in the falls and 2 other cingular stores

iMacNiPhone07
Jun 25, 2007, 06:16 PM
that's cool. which store did you decide on. i am torn between the apple store in the falls and 2 other cingular stores

imma PM u cuz i dont want ne1 knowing where im goin cuz itll get packed... if u go to the one i go to just show up midnite and we'll watch sum movies in the car or sumthing u kno. till ppl show up... for sure there will be ppl by 7am so mite as well

digitgirl
Jun 25, 2007, 06:23 PM
I took Friday off and now I'm stuck in a dilemma because I live in South beach 5 min away from the Lincoln Road Apple store and maybe 10 min away from the nearest ATTnT Corp Store on Washington and 16th everybody I know is going to be working on Fri so I'm on my own I don't know which store to go to I don't want to choose one store only to find out I picked the wrong one to stand in line in. So far I'm leaning towards the Apple store.

iMacNiPhone07
Jun 25, 2007, 06:29 PM
I took Friday off and now I'm stuck in a dilemma because I live in South beach 5 min away from the Lincoln Road Apple store and maybe 10 min away from the nearest ATTnT Corp Store on Washington and 16th everybody I know is going to be working on Fri so I'm on my own I don't know which store to go to I don't want to choose one store only to find out I picked the wrong one to stand in line in. So far I'm leaning towards the Apple store.

dont go to the apple stores.. they said itd be crazzzyyy... check on cingular.com for a store that says CINGULAR WIRELESS ... not the authorized retailers cuz that will totally f*k u up cuz they dont carry the iphone

theperson
Jun 25, 2007, 06:59 PM
Just looked over all my options, and it seems that The Falls would be a good place to wait. If anyone else is going I'm (probably) the only guy in line with a very bright iBook color.

Silentwave
Jun 25, 2007, 09:51 PM
Just looked over all my options, and it seems that The Falls would be a good place to wait. If anyone else is going I'm (probably) the only guy in line with a very bright iBook color.

I'll also be at the falls, probably. MBP 15" with Leopard and a Sprint EV-DO card :)

bigjohn
Jun 25, 2007, 09:54 PM
I'm sure they'll have some Saturday at the Falls store. Also, now would be a good time to get a great deal on a phone that isn't the ApplePhone at an AT&T store

d5dq
Jun 26, 2007, 08:23 AM
Anyone else in the Boca Raton area? I think Town Center is going to be crazy--it's crazy even without the release of a new product like an iPhone. So I am guessing the best bet would be to wait at an AT&T store but it doesn't seem like there are many good ones in the area to wait at.

amdg
Jun 26, 2007, 10:34 AM
lets all go to the falls one becuz we have more choice.. imma go every 4hrs to check startin midnite the nite be4.. the falls usually receives the most products in everything.. i waiting there for the midnite launch for halo 2 and they had 400 copies over other gamestops and ebgames

I called and spoke to someone who works in security at the Falls Mall and they said that no one is allowed on the premises before 10 AM. Campers will be considered trespassers and would be arrested. Is this BS or have you been able to camp there in the past?

miguelq
Jun 26, 2007, 11:53 AM
I called and spoke to someone who works in security at the Falls Mall and they said that no one is allowed on the premises before 10 AM. Campers will be considered trespassers and would be arrested. Is this BS or have you been able to camp there in the past?

Well i guess that's good and bad. if you can't camp out then there will literally be a STAMPEDE of people at 10am and it will all be survival of the fittest. i am still up in the air about where to go but this makes the apple store just a little more attractive...

i don't see how they can stop people from lining up...they don't close the parking lot or anything and the falls isn't gated so they can get us off of the premises but we can still lurk around somewhere close...i am sure that there is a local coffee shop or something that can make it seem like we are just getting our morning coffee;)

rickshill
Jun 26, 2007, 04:11 PM
If so PM me. I am a former employee at that store and am looking to meet up with some people to make the camp out less boring

miguelq
Jun 26, 2007, 04:22 PM
in light of the announcement today (online activation) i will probably go to the apple store.

if you go to an att store with a decent line you are bound to have a couple of dum att sales reps that try to sell you the most expensive plan, run you aruond to buy accessories, etc, which will add another 30 minutes onto my iphone purchase.

going to the apple store it is as simple as walking in, tell them which one you want, buy your accessories, pay and leave. i think the experience will probably be better at the apple store.
just my 2 cents...:apple:

miguelq
Jun 26, 2007, 04:23 PM

is there any other place to wait?

bombboy
Jun 26, 2007, 08:12 PM
Figured out where I'm going. 152nd St and 137th Ave, SW. ATT Wireless Store.

Thinking I'll leave work at 3 or 4, it's about a minute away from my job. Joy... :p

theperson
Jun 27, 2007, 09:36 PM
if I weren't gonna be totally broke post iPhone, I would suggest that all of us Falls buyers go stock up on some cookies at the Mrs. Fields or something after...

NYR0027
Jun 27, 2007, 09:59 PM
So I still can't make up my mind of where to go . . . Apple Store or AT&T?!

What time is everyone going to show up?

I'm thinking I'll get to the Falls in the early to mid-morning, hopefully that's good enough to guarantee me one. What do you guys think?

And this might sound dumb, but . . . if I get to the iPhone line at 10AM, that means I'll be waiting for about 8 hours . . . what about when you have to go to the restroom, do people hold your place in line?

theperson
Jun 27, 2007, 10:14 PM
. . . what about when you have to go to the restroom, do people hold your place in line?omg, tag team MacRumors bathroom breaks

NYR0027
Jun 27, 2007, 10:33 PM
haha, made you think

miguelq
Jun 28, 2007, 06:56 AM
down to the wire...only one more day of waiting....still haven't decided on where to go...going to to some driving tonight...it's like a kid before christmas...if i am up i might as well wait in line somewhere...

penguino
Jun 28, 2007, 08:11 AM
:confused: I'll be down at The Falls -- I asked one of the guys at the store and he said to call in at 10am Friday straight up and they would know more then about how many units they would have, how the line is shaping up etc etc.

I'll be there around 3 unless I hear from the Apple Store that by going that late I risk a total shut out. Meanwhile the staff at The Falls also said (and I asked 3 of them) they don't know how long it will take to move each customer through the process, so even after 6 it could be a long night.

I just hope their wireless network doesn't get totally overloaded by all the laptops in line. I will have my 15" Mac Book Pro with me and I suspect tons of other people will be accessing the same networks. I've never checked to see if T-Mobile has a hotspot at The Falls Starbucks. I may be finding out the hard way.

miguelq
Jun 28, 2007, 09:10 AM
:confused: I'll be down at The Falls -- I asked one of the guys at the store and he said to call in at 10am Friday straight up and they would know more then about how many units they would have, how the line is shaping up etc etc.

I'll be there around 3 unless I hear from the Apple Store that by going that late I risk a total shut out. Meanwhile the staff at The Falls also said (and I asked 3 of them) they don't know how long it will take to move each customer through the process, so even after 6 it could be a long night.

I just hope their wireless network doesn't get totally overloaded by all the laptops in line. I will have my 15" Mac Book Pro with me and I suspect tons of other people will be accessing the same networks. I've never checked to see if T-Mobile has a hotspot at The Falls Starbucks. I may be finding out the hard way.

do you know if the falls is letting people line up...another post said security won't let people line up

miguelq
Jun 28, 2007, 12:35 PM
do you know if the falls is letting people line up...another post said security won't let people line up

First post was right...falls is NOT letting anyone line up before 8am...guess i will be mulling around there.

theNEOone
Jun 28, 2007, 01:49 PM
anyone else notice that the apple store is opening until midnight on friday? does this mean that they'll have tons of iphones for sale, or that it'll take just that freaking long to get people in and out....?!?!?!? maybe a combination of a large stock of phones and long purchase/checkout times....?

=|

miguelq
Jun 28, 2007, 01:56 PM
anyone else notice that the apple store is opening until midnight on friday? does this mean that they'll have tons of iphones for sale, or that it'll take just that freaking long to get people in and out....?!?!?!? maybe a combination of a large stock of phones and long purchase/checkout times....?

=|

hope it is large stock...they aren't opening phones so get em in and out quickly

miguelq
Jun 28, 2007, 06:57 PM
no one hanging around at the falls...lines start at 8am...it is going to be a STAMPEDE:eek:

bombboy
Jun 28, 2007, 07:32 PM
In case I go to the ATT store at SW 137th Ave & 152nd St and it is jammed, would someone be willing to hold me a spot @ The Falls? I'd wear a name tag and everything, just stick your arm out and grab me when I walk past you as if you were going to kidnap me :p

miguelq
Jun 28, 2007, 07:44 PM
In case I go to the ATT store at SW 137th Ave & 152nd St and it is jammed, would someone be willing to hold me a spot @ The Falls? I'd wear a name tag and everything, just stick your arm out and grab me when I walk past you as if you were going to kidnap me :p

i think if you get there early you will be fine...i went past 3 stores in south dade and only 1 had a person in line

bombboy
Jun 28, 2007, 07:53 PM
i think if you get there early you will be fine...i went past 3 stores in south dade and only 1 had a person in line

is that a yes/maybe? ;)

jeejeebu
Jun 28, 2007, 09:19 PM
I just drove by the Lincoln Rd. store and there's a line. I couldn't get a good enough look to see how many people there were due to other people in the car yelling at me, but it was at least a dozen or so, and it sort of looked like it was going into the store? But I doubt it.

theNEOone
Jun 28, 2007, 09:43 PM
no one hanging around at the falls...lines start at 8am...it is going to be a STAMPEDE:eek:

stampede, eh? i predict no stampede and plenty of supply. maybe 10 people will show up at 8am, but a slow trickle until 6pm....maybe 150. considering that the store is opening until midnight, there have been reports that apple stores are stocking 500+ (with some stores stocked at over 1000), that you can buy the phone at a dozen at&t locations, AND that apple is letting each customer buy two, i think that everything will be just fine. i'm walking in the store at 9pm and leaving at 9:15 w/ my 8gb iphone. have fun camping out. this isn't the xbox 360, where they only released 300,000 on launch day, and had crap supply for the months following. estimates have steadied around 3 million launch day iphones with quick re-stocking times.

=|

from cnet:
Miami Beach Apple store employee enthusiastically predicted that there would be "enough" for everyone who wanted one, while an Apple store employee in Cambridge, Mass., said she'd heard "good numbers" of iPhones would be available at her location. A Salt Lake City Apple store employee, for his part, couldn't be more specific than "a bunch."

theNEOone
Jun 28, 2007, 09:45 PM
I just drove by the Lincoln Rd. store and there's a line. I couldn't get a good enough look to see how many people there were due to other people in the car yelling at me, but it was at least a dozen or so, and it sort of looked like it was going into the store? But I doubt it.

it's a thursday night on lincoln road...there's a line for everything.

=|

theperson
Jun 28, 2007, 09:56 PM
Crap. Something came up and I have to go to the Lincoln store... how early is the Starbucks in front of the Store open so I can grab some breakfast?

docc
Jun 28, 2007, 10:01 PM
What time do you guys think we should show up at The Falls Apple store? I spoke to a rep today evening (no line btw) and he said that i will be able to get one even if i get there late since they have enough to go around!

miguelq
Jun 29, 2007, 05:38 AM
What time do you guys think we should show up at The Falls Apple store? I spoke to a rep today evening (no line btw) and he said that i will be able to get one even if i get there late since they have enough to go around!

still no one in line....guess i will wait until noon

Silentwave
Jun 29, 2007, 06:51 AM
I'm in the Falls parking lot... I'll see if I can't find out some more information soon...

penguino
Jun 29, 2007, 07:50 AM
Last I heard at The Falls, lines allowed after 8am, I plan to check with The Falls Apple Store at 10AM and noon and will post line counts as I hear them. The rain may have an effect.

docc
Jun 29, 2007, 08:11 AM
Any word yet guys? The store opens at 10am so i'm quite sure people will start forming a line by then. Any signs yet?

Thanks for the info.

docc
Jun 29, 2007, 09:06 AM
Those of you getting to the falls store, COME QUICK cos the line's getting bigger and bigger. I got here about 5 minutes back and there are about 70-80 people here already. From what i was told yesterday, there are gonna be around 500 iPhones atleast since this is a flagship store but take it with a pinch of salt. Aso take into consideration the fact that people are allowed to purchase 2 per head so that makes less available for us.

There's also an ATT store in the premises, so if not the Falls store, then the sucky ATT store it is!

Good luck!

penguino
Jun 29, 2007, 09:09 AM
According to an Apple Store employee, the line as of 10AM is more than 40 people and growing very quickly. They are giving people in line free water. The staff have not yet been told how many units they were shipped, nor a good projected time to be in line to be sure to get an iPhone. Limit of 2 per customer as has been widely mentioned elsewhere.

penguino
Jun 29, 2007, 09:15 AM
A store employee reports 15 in line as of 10AM, waiting outside in distinctly iffy weather. Staff at MB do not know how many iPhones they have received. They are providing free water.

penguino
Jun 29, 2007, 09:19 AM
According to a store employee, there are more than 100 people in line as of 10AM. Staff has not been advised how many units they will receive.

"What time would you recommend to someone to come to be sure to get an iPhone?" I asked.

The staffer replied "Now."

bombboy
Jun 29, 2007, 09:26 AM
:eek: :x

digitgirl
Jun 29, 2007, 11:02 AM
Just got back from Lincoln Rd there is about 35 to 40 ppl. How funny there is one girl in a bikini taking a tan on a beach chair.

penguino
Jun 29, 2007, 11:19 AM
Aventura -- small increase, likely over 120 now.

Miami Beach -- up to "a few dozen" from 15 at 10am. Growing steadily, but it's an outdoors line and the weather (heat, rain) is a factor. Good store to head for late in the afternoon.

The Falls (South Miami) -- line not changed much since 10AM, but more than 100.

Apple Store staff are getting distinctly snippy on the phone. Not sure if they are just busy, or tired of the build-up.

bombboy
Jun 29, 2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the update :)

theNEOone
Jun 29, 2007, 11:56 AM
Aventura -- small increase, likely over 120 now.

Miami Beach -- up to "a few dozen" from 15 at 10am. Growing steadily, but it's an outdoors line and the weather (heat, rain) is a factor. Good store to head for late in the afternoon.

The Falls (South Miami) -- line not changed much since 10AM, but more than 100.

Apple Store staff are getting distinctly snippy on the phone. Not sure if they are just busy, or tired of the build-up.
so far my predictions are holding up, somewhat. anyone wanna go to vegas with me?

=|

Diddiyo
Jun 29, 2007, 12:47 PM
anyone wanna go to vegas with me?

=|
you wanna win some money so you can buy an iphone? i wouldn't count on that! ;p

the timing would be perfectly right for me to buy an iphone. i'm not in a contract right now, my prepaid phone died a few days ago and i need an mp3player. but $600... naaah.

bombboy
Jun 29, 2007, 01:11 PM
Just passed by ATT Store on SW 137th Ave & 152nd St. Looked like 15 - 20 people. Gonna pass by in another hour and decide on jumping in line then.

docc
Jun 29, 2007, 01:12 PM
Falls store, packed worse (about >200 already) than a bunch of chinese sardine cans! Apparently this store's gonna have about 500 units and a lotta people here intend to purchase 2 per head as per the limitations. Get here, i think you guys still have a chance.

Cheers.

AJ Muni
Jun 29, 2007, 02:25 PM
Just got back from Lincoln Rd there is about 35 to 40 ppl. How funny there is one girl in a bikini taking a tan on a beach chair.

This doens'nt surprise me whatsoever. Remember the crazies we have here on SoBe. I live on meridian and 8th street. Nothing surprises me anymore!

penguino
Jun 29, 2007, 05:22 PM
300+ in line -- guys coming out whooping and hollering, most with 2 iphones. apple store staff handing out free water. they are taking groups of 50 in the store. you purchase first, then go check out accessories, training, etc

penguino
Jun 29, 2007, 05:36 PM
apple store staff working the crowd, also first iphoto buyer and crowd shot

penguino
Jun 29, 2007, 06:13 PM
boxes and bags appearing

bombboy
Jun 29, 2007, 06:16 PM
ATT Store I waited at (24th in line @ SW 137th Ave & 152nd St) only had 20 8GB phones. I was 4 away and the manager walked out trying to tout the Fulfillment plan. I walked away, dissapointed. :(

Anyone know if The Falls is going to have a load? Will they have any tomorrow morning? *cry*

theNEOone
Jun 29, 2007, 07:44 PM
ATT Store I waited at (24th in line @ SW 137th Ave & 152nd St) only had 20 8GB phones. I was 4 away and the manager walked out trying to tout the Fulfillment plan. I walked away, dissapointed. :(

Anyone know if The Falls is going to have a load? Will they have any tomorrow morning? *cry*

I would still try. I actually ended up asking my dad to wait in line. I got home 20 minutes ago with 2 8gb in hand. There were about 100 people in line behind me and there seemed to be plenty to go around. It's worth a shot...

=|

theperson
Jun 29, 2007, 08:28 PM
Sent my brother out to the 88th and 107th street ATT store with a sign that read "SUP, MACRUMORS." Anyone see him?

btw, snagged an 8gb!

1thewizard
Jun 29, 2007, 09:43 PM
Sent my brother out to the 88th and 107th street ATT store with a sign that read "SUP, MACRUMORS." Anyone see him?

btw, snagged an 8gb!

i was #2 in line got there at 4am!!! i saw and waved at him i think they saw me aswell...

bombboy
Jun 29, 2007, 09:55 PM
Went to The Falls, got there around 8:35 and the line was still going in and I waited for a bit and walked out with two 8 GBs (on the whim I extended "credit" to my friend who suddenly was cool with getting one) :)

My iPhone is now activated :cool:

AJ Muni
Jun 29, 2007, 10:11 PM
I just called The Falls, and the guy told me they had plenty in stock, that I would be in and out in 10 minutes, literally. He also said they are receiving another load tonight...so getting an iPhone there shouldn't be a problem. Too bad I have t-mo :rolleyes: ....Hopefully someone will find out how to unlock it somehow...

oliversl
Jun 29, 2007, 11:23 PM
Does the iPhone has multi-language UI? Just wonder ...