PDA

View Full Version : What are you wearing?

mpw
Jun 17, 2007, 06:25 PM
Did the laundry a couple of days ago and faced with an enormous pile of ironing.

Many of the clothes are frankly scary, although I obviously choose to wear them when I bought them, and it got me wondering how much I could get rid of.

How big is your wardrobe? What's the minimum number of shirts/jeans/pants/shoes etc. you could survive on? I like the idea of being able to fit all my stuff in a couple of suitcases.

dcv
Jun 17, 2007, 06:36 PM
Right now? A little vest and pants ;)

As for the wardrobe thing... yeah way too much in there, most of which either doesn't fit properly or I'm bored of, etc. I've already had a huge clearout this year and taken a few bags of clothes to the local charity shops but still so much I could get rid of. As for minimum number of items... good question but as a bird I couldn't possibly answer that :D

If I were you I'd start by getting rid of any nasty old ill-fitting jeans, peach-coloured shirts, rubber shoes, that sort of thing...

Mord
Jun 17, 2007, 06:39 PM
not much.

Mac-Addict
Jun 17, 2007, 06:41 PM
Hmmm.. No I don't think I'll answer the thread name, and my wardrobe is very small because I just moved and got rid of loads of clothes and havent had a chance to fill it back up.

furious
Jun 17, 2007, 06:47 PM
boxer shorts and a jumper:p

Me I have 4 shirts, 4 shorts, 1 jeans, 2 collard shirts, 17 y fronts, 8 boxer shorts I love being a guy. Plus 6 jumpers and 1 track pants.

mpw
Jun 17, 2007, 06:47 PM
not much.

Hmmm.. No I don't think I'll answer.

Right now? A little vest and pants ;)...

OK, so we've established that we're all sitting around nekked surfing, except dcv, the prude!

biturbomunkie
Jun 17, 2007, 06:48 PM
it's flipping hot and these are just too comfy...

http://www.chubbswebdesign.co.uk/mens-underwear-boxers-webundies/spongebob-squarepants.jpg

FJ218700
Jun 17, 2007, 06:54 PM
I'm covered heat to foot with a waterproof coat and pants, a mask, two layers of latex on my exposed skin, and tape.

Just kidding, that was 10 min ago, now I'm wearing just what was underneath, a T-shirt and mesh shorts.

21stcenturykid
Jun 17, 2007, 07:02 PM
A Penguin white polo neck t-shirt (my favourite) and some Next Jeans.

Wish i had the money to buy more clothes, i spend too much on my mac :)

Foxglove9
Jun 17, 2007, 07:21 PM
Pink & green plaid Capri's, and a pink t-shirt.

srf4real
Jun 17, 2007, 07:24 PM
I'm chillin' in my white tee.

emmawu
Jun 17, 2007, 07:31 PM
off white linen capris and a yellow tee shirt. Or if it's really hot, a skirt and a tee shirt

mkrishnan
Jun 17, 2007, 07:40 PM
Pink polo and pink/blue/green/orange multi plaid RL shorts. :)

And I survive (in the sense that, out of the clothes I have, these are the ones I wear 95% of the time) on sort of about four or five biz-casual outfits, about 3-4 casual outfits, and 3-4 summery outfits.

Summer in g-town means I change a lot more... my day is like:

- Wear biz-casual outfit during the day
- Change into running clothes and run
- Change into swimming clothes
- Change into some kind of après wear shorts and polo or something.
- Put whatever boxers and t-shirt on to sleep in

kidwithdimples
Jun 17, 2007, 07:51 PM
Nothing at all.

The AC is on.

nickster9224
Jun 17, 2007, 08:25 PM
underarmour shorts and an alpine stars shirt
i have like 7 pairs of shorts and 10ish tshirts and 8 boxers

sycho
Jun 17, 2007, 09:01 PM
Some jeans and a t-shirt. I'm sitting watching TV with my Dad and brother, we aren't really wear underwear around each other kind of family.
Speaking of underwear, am I the only person in this forum that prefers briefs over boxers?

But for overall clothing: About 10 hoodies, 2 jeans, 2 black jeans, lot of t-shirts, couple shorts, couple non denim pants for work, like 12 pairs of briefs and 4 pairs of boxers, and more socks that I want to count.

And why is underwear measured in pairs even though you wear them in single units?

biturbomunkie
Jun 17, 2007, 09:10 PM
Speaking of underwear, am I the only person in this forum that prefers briefs over boxers?

briefs are just tooo tighttttt... i wear them only for special occasions to spice things up... ;)

And why is underwear measured in pairs even though you wear them in single units?

good question. i often wonder the same. :confused:

oh yeah btw i'm sorta naekid now... so anyone wanna have some isight fun let me know! ;)

(i kid, i kid :))

Dagless
Jun 17, 2007, 09:13 PM
My wardrobe is huge and full of things I'll never wear again :o I keep sentimental things from my mid-teen years that were gifts, I'm only 21 and the bad thing is there just a fraction too small for me.

Right now I'm wearing me usual pyjamas - anything light and baggy!

PlaceofDis
Jun 17, 2007, 09:13 PM
wearing? boxers.

wardrobe could fit into 2-3 suitcases. i keep things minimal

sycho
Jun 17, 2007, 09:16 PM
briefs are just tooo tighttttt... i wear them only for special occasions to spice things up... ;)

good question. i often wonder the same. :confused:

Too tight? TOO TIGHT? ehhh... I find them comfy

But we should really get to the root of this inventorying underwear by "pairs"
oh yeah btw i'm sorta naekid now... so anyone wanna have some isight fun let me know! ;)

(i kid, i kid :))

I can honestly say I've have tighty whitey iSight fun. ;)

SamIchi
Jun 17, 2007, 09:20 PM
Right now, mesh shorts and a cut off tee. This is what I wear when I'm at home. I got a lot of sleeveless tee's, all generic, white and gray.

fairnymph
Jun 17, 2007, 11:31 PM
Bra + jeans

I don't actually have that much clothing, for a girl, though I do have about 20 tank tops - but they're tiny and don't take up much space. I have a lot jeans, skirts, woolen items. Heavy on the grey, navy, and black.

I have about 2x as much (by volume, much more by weight) electronics, and about 4x as much (again by volume) kitchen stuff. :eek:

Fredo521
Jun 18, 2007, 01:26 AM
A plain white tshirt and some boxer-briefs from Abercrombie. It's way too hot to be wearing anything else.

iBlue
Jun 18, 2007, 05:21 AM
a smile.

sorry, couldn't resist.

ok, maybe a little bit more than that. - A stretchy little strappy top and shorts. I'm not ready for get-out-of-bed mode.

edesignuk
Jun 18, 2007, 05:51 AM
I survive on very little clothing. I hate clothes shopping and I hate spending money on them.

Jeans, cargo pants, and plain coloured t-shirts for me.

mad jew
Jun 18, 2007, 05:56 AM
My housemate and she doesn't fit well.

mpw
Jun 18, 2007, 07:28 AM
...And why is underwear measured in pairs even though you wear them in single units?

'cause you get two wears out of them, inside and outside??

Blue Velvet
Jun 18, 2007, 07:32 AM
Right now? Black cotton knickers and nothing else, not even shoes... topless posting rawr.

Trying to figure out what to wear to go out as the weather's so crap. Wet, but warm as well. As it were.

ErikCLDR
Jun 18, 2007, 07:42 AM
Blue Abercrombie Polo
White Polo RL undershirt
American Eagle Khaki Shorts
American Eagle Boxers
J.Crew Flip Flops

I like clothes haha, I suppose I have more than most people in that I do not like to repeat things.

ezzie
Jun 18, 2007, 07:55 AM
heh...well, seeing as i'm at work right now and we just had the "dress code" talk on friday...

i'm wearing a white v-neck tee, a very flowy knee-length skirt, and big ol' hemp sandals.

my wardrobe is about average for a girl, really. just some tank tops (plain and printed with silly things), solid-colored tees (mostly black or dark grey), some printed tees (with all kinds of crazy things on them), three cardigans, a few pairs of flared jeans, a pair of capris, and about 15 skirts and dresses. shoes are a minimum...since i used to have a shoe-collecting problem. :p

ErikCLDR
Jun 18, 2007, 11:55 AM
I just bought this from Abercrombie & Fitch for when I go swimming:
http://www.abercrombie.com/anf/onlinestore/collection/15099_01_p.jpg

devilot
Jun 18, 2007, 12:01 PM
Right now? Black cotton knickers and nothing else... topless posting — rawr.Mm. Rawr indeed. :D

How big is your wardrobe? What's the minimum number of shirts/jeans/pants/shoes etc. you could survive on? Oh dear. My wardrobe? Er... big horizontal dresser full. Big vertical dresser, full. Closet full. Tall bookcase is now a v full clothes-case. Clothes in a ton of bags and suitcases strewn about my room, full. Clothes in the hallway closet. Clothes in my sister's room. Clothes in the living room. Clothes at the apartment. Clothes in storage. Er, I have a lot of clothes. And shoes. :o

Minimum to survive on? Well, I dunno... depends really. Do I have to ever dress up for say, a hypothetical job? Ah, screw it. I can't answer that at all. The ironic thing about my having so many damned things to wear is that all I ever seem to wear are pjs and sweats. :D

:edit: Oopsies. Forgot to put in what I'm wearing right now.... an oversized tee, funky cropped pj pants, and socks.

nbs2
Jun 18, 2007, 12:06 PM
Please see my post in the uniform thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=3775605&postcount=64), as it will keep you updated on exactly what I am wearing at just about every weekday during the day.:D

emw
Jun 18, 2007, 12:23 PM
What's the minimum number of shirts/jeans/pants/shoes etc. you could survive on?Well, assuming by "survive on" you don't literally mean survive on, but rather "function in your normal life/work mix", I get by with:

For work: about 10-12 pairs of dress pants/"dockers", several long-sleeve shirts, some of which are tie-compatible, and a decent number of short sleeve polo-style or button-down shirts for variety, along with the obvious socks, undershirts, underwear, and a couple pair of dress shoes (black, brown).

For "life": I have a few pairs of jeans, many pairs of shorts (jeans, khakis, cargo), a large number of running shorts/shirts/socks/hats, sandals, many t-shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts, etc.

All told, however, I probably have about 10 large suitcases worth of clothing.

Right now, however, I'm wearing black dress pants, a light green long-sleeve dress shirt, tie, undershirt, briefs, black socks, and black leather shoes. Also a watch and two rings.

I like the idea of being able to fit all my stuff in a couple of suitcases.In case you have to disappear on short notice or something?

MacRy
Jun 18, 2007, 12:30 PM
A lascivious smile and a hopeful expression....

aprilgrey34
Jun 18, 2007, 01:46 PM
How big is your wardrobe?
DH says, "Too big." I say, "Not big enough."

Unfortunately, I don't wear the clothes that I have and love enough, since I wear scrubs to my current job every weekday and every other weekend. I am starting to accumulate a nice scrub collection though.

Currently wearing light blue Dickies scrubs.

iBlue
Jun 18, 2007, 02:17 PM
A lascivious smile and a hopeful expression....

copycat (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=3774898&postcount=24)! :p

(no really, it's a good thing to wear) :D

nickster9224
Jun 18, 2007, 03:33 PM
someone should merge the whats your uniform and what are you wearing thread, they're essentially the same thing

MacRy
Jun 19, 2007, 04:26 AM
copycat (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=3774898&postcount=24)! :p

(no really, it's a good thing to wear) :D

Ah but was your smile an innocent one? ;)

iBlue
Jun 19, 2007, 04:35 AM
Ah but was your smile an innocent one? ;)
never. ;) :D

anti-microsoft
Jun 19, 2007, 04:49 AM
A white tee and red basketball shorts (no shoes)

MacRy
Jun 19, 2007, 06:46 AM
never. ;) :D

Excellent :D

Then we were both correctly attired.

mpw
Jun 22, 2007, 05:35 PM
...In case you have to disappear on short notice or something?

Mmmmm hobo.

pseudobrit
Jun 22, 2007, 09:40 PM
I've just realised, thanks to this thread, that I'm wearing a Guinness shirt and Guinness shorts. The shirt I was wearing earlier with (non Guinness-branded) jeans, then took off the jeans and put on the shorts to loaf around.

Not that anyone can see, but if they could they'd think I tried this and I would die of shame.

IBobby
Jun 23, 2007, 12:58 AM
Famous stars and straps polo, dvs cargo shorts, and ES shoes and a camo l.a dodgers hat.

jellz
Jun 23, 2007, 01:35 AM
Famous stars and straps polo, dvs cargo shorts, and ES shoes and a camo l.a dodgers hat.

LOL! Pacsun model? haha

Shotgun OS
Jun 23, 2007, 02:10 AM
Right now, I'm wearing a Drop Dead, Gorgeous band tee, some kind of half-arsed sweat pants, some red boxers that I didn't know I had, and some socks.

My 'wardrobe' consists of 64 shirts: 50 black band shirts, 5 red band shirts, 3 green band shirts, 2 camoflage shirts, 2 blue shirts, and 1 white polo; 7 pairs of pants: 3 JNCO Black jeans, 2 Black Levis, and 2 unknown pairs of blue jeans.

My school wardrobe consists of 6 pairs of khaki pants and 6 white dress shirts.

I have an unknown amount of nonmatching socks. :p

IBobby
Jun 23, 2007, 03:07 AM
LOL! Pacsun model? haha

lol no Tilly's model :D lol, not normally the way i dress, I usually wear band t's and chucks and straight leg jeans lol.

mpw
Jun 23, 2007, 06:42 AM
...dvs cargo shorts...

Mmmmm I'd love to get into those.....oh wait, dvs, I mis-read that. Nevermind.

Abstract
Jun 23, 2007, 06:54 AM
I'm wearing PJ bottoms and a hooded jumper, although I'm sure that sounds strange to many of you because it's currently winter in Australia.

In the summer, I'd be doing what many of you are doing and posting in my boxers (or sometimes briefs), although sometimes I don't even wear underpants......

Bra + jeans

Photos?

I don't actually have that much clothing, for a girl, though I do have about 20 tank tops - but they're tiny and don't take up much space.

More photos?

tomoisyourgod
Jun 23, 2007, 06:57 AM
gone for the retro look today with a Members Only jacket :)

mad jew
Jun 23, 2007, 07:18 AM
Toughen up Abstract. Clothes are for the week.

devilot
Jun 23, 2007, 07:58 AM
Mmmmm I'd love to get into those.....oh wait, dvs, I mis-read that. Nevermind.I thought her pants were enough. :p

I'm wearing a tee shirt I got from my elementary school when I was eight. And flannel, plaid pj pants. :D

Abstract
Jun 24, 2007, 12:43 AM
Toughen up Abstract. Clothes are for the week.

Ok, lost the boxers. Currently nekkid. If I lost the pubes, I'd glisten under my room's bright lights. It would be beautiful.

OutThere
Jun 24, 2007, 12:48 AM
My white polo shirt from work today. I have some espresso splattered on the sleeve and chocolate ice cream around the waist.

Also my ratty shorts that are rotting away. None of the pockets hold anything anymore because they have worn through, and one of the hems around the leg is entirely separating, making a little loop at my knee. There are three holes in the front and I can see my boxers. :o

mad jew
Jun 24, 2007, 02:37 AM
Ok, lost the boxers. Currently nekkid. If I lost the pubes, I'd glisten under my room's bright lights. It would be beautiful.

It's appreciated mate. Feel free to take some piccies.

SkyBell
Jun 24, 2007, 02:52 AM
Well...it's hot and everyone's asleep so....nothing.:eek:

Plymouthbreezer
Jun 24, 2007, 09:41 AM
Right now?

Church clothes. Ew.

XIII
Jun 24, 2007, 09:51 AM
Jeans, pink threadless t shirt..

Its pretty much jeans + t shirt or jeans + shirt all the time.. :)

BigPrince
Jun 24, 2007, 09:53 AM
Naked. The warmth of my MBP keeps me well warmed.

jk

phungy
Jun 24, 2007, 09:55 AM
Naked. The warmth of my MBP keeps me well warmed.

jk

I'm almost naked :p . Just boxers but that's cause I just woke up about 30 mins ago.

irain
Jun 26, 2007, 05:08 PM
Hot as hell outside right now... roughly 95. Feels like winter in here, though thanks to the central air conditioning system...

True Religion jeans
Ralph Lauren Big-Pony polo
Lacoste Rubber flip flops
Abercrombie Boxers
Live strong braclet

nitynate
Jun 26, 2007, 05:56 PM
My wardrobe consists of about 6 pairs of skinny legged jeans, about 15 threadless t shirts, 2 pairs of boardshorts, 2 pairs of flip flops, and a few pairs of shoes. It's alright because my mom does laundry every day.

My summer clothes consist of mostly boardshorts and reefs. Or, if I dont plan on beaching, I wear a pair of jeans, a shirt and my Sambas.

Right now, I am wearing some Levi Skinny's folded up a couple times, a Boards of Canada shirt, and my rainbows.

Typical Florida wardrobe. I think. I wear the same to church. :p

jayb2000
Jun 26, 2007, 06:13 PM
Uniform (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=3789704&postcount=86), although the shirt is unbuttoned because it is hot.

Not as daring as some, probably due to the small kid wandering around and the open windows and doors.

ghall
Jun 26, 2007, 06:15 PM
My birthday suit. :)