PDA

View Full Version : For all you Pismo fans, good news!

utilizer
Jul 7, 2003, 07:13 PM
Just got an e-mail from the nice folks over at PowerLogix.

Hi there,

The 750Gx will probably not be available to the public for another 2-3
months, for which at that point, we'll have to test to see if it will work
in the Pismos, though we suspect it will.

The Pismo's have a bus-speed preset to 100mhz, so extra 100mhz overhead in
bus-supported speeds will not be utilized on this upgrade. :(

Thanks

utilizer
Jul 8, 2003, 06:41 PM
I guess no one saw this, so I'll post this message to put it back on top

LimeLite
Jul 8, 2003, 07:51 PM
It's not *fantastic* news. It's decent news about a *possible* upgrade.

Rezet
Jul 8, 2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by utilizer
Just got an e-mail from the nice folks over at PowerLogix.

Hi there,

The 750Gx will probably not be available to the public for another 2-3
months, for which at that point, we'll have to test to see if it will work
in the Pismos, though we suspect it will.

The Pismo's have a bus-speed preset to 100mhz, so extra 100mhz overhead in
bus-supported speeds will not be utilized on this upgrade. :(

Thanks

Utilizer,

You know, when you post something like this, where you with a ceratin assurance tell people what you know, give us your works cited. If you want to be taken seriously, provide some proof, or atleast some very good facts on which a certain conclusion can be made. If you don't know, but just suppose, use words like "I think"

It's like me saying: "I got news from Xtrememac. Well, apple decided to come out with new case for the pmac in 2 months." And the fact that it's driven from - " People just dont like the design"

mymemory
Jul 8, 2003, 10:20 PM
Well, I have 3 Pismos, so, there are "may be" good news for me.

I really would like to upgrade the video ram, that is all what I really need:(

utilizer
Jul 8, 2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Rezet
Utilizer,

You know, when you post something like this, where you with a ceratin assurance tell people what you know, give us your works cited. If you want to be taken seriously, provide some proof, or atleast some very good facts on which a certain conclusion can be made. If you don't know, but just suppose, use words like "I think"

It's like me saying: "I got news from Xtrememac. Well, apple decided to come out with new case for the pmac in 2 months." And the fact that it's driven from - " People just dont like the design"

I can send you the original e-mail, if you like as proof. I didn't want to post the total message with everything and the rep's name on a public forum, but only the body of the message.

daveg5
Jul 9, 2003, 12:47 AM
for a big laugh check out these links

http://lowendmac.com/rumormill/03/0707.html
http://www.lowendmac.com/rumormill/03/0623.html

Rezet
Jul 9, 2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by utilizer
I can send you the original e-mail, if you like as proof. I didn't want to post the total message with everything and the rep's name on a public forum, but only the body of the message.

That's fine dude. NP.
I can question the reliability of the email, but in the case I believe you. And personally for some reason don't care too much.
It's just when I'm ina bad mood, I can be quite a demagogue.
Thanx for info anyways.

utilizer
Jul 9, 2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Rezet
That's fine dude. NP.
I can question the reliability of the email, but in the case I believe you. And personally for some reason don't care too much.
It's just when I'm ina bad mood, I can be quite a demagogue.
Thanx for info anyways.

I'm rather skeptical of the claims I read on here too, but when I say something on these boards that's questionable, I do preface it with equivical statements like "I think".
In the meantime, I'm just waiting for the new PowerBooks to be upgraded! 3 months is a little steep on an upgrade, but considering my Pismo is going for $789 now, I'd better keep it then upgrade it later on for some useful task, maybe a server.

Flowbee
Jul 9, 2003, 09:28 PM
I don't understand how this is especially good news. "A new chip might work in the Pismos, we're not sure yet. We'll let you know." Thanks for sharing, anyway. I guess.

utilizer
Jul 9, 2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Flowbee
I don't understand how this is especially good news. "A new chip might work in the Pismos, we're not sure yet. We'll let you know." Thanks for sharing, anyway. I guess.

I heard that; the graphic card really holds this platform back.

daveg5
Jul 9, 2003, 10:39 PM
http://www.vtbookdd.com/
this was promised monthly since last june
now it looks like it might just come out

ZildjianKX
Jul 9, 2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by daveg5
http://www.vtbookdd.com/
this was promised monthly since last june
now it looks like it might just come out

Still won't help non-external video performance though, right?

rice_web
Jul 10, 2003, 12:39 AM
But would it be possible to route your display through that little card? Tough to say, but I'm sure someone will get a hack to do it eventually.