PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Dallas, TX

retrospects
Jun 18, 2007, 12:21 PM
if you in dallas, where are you getting your phone, at a apple store, (highland park, northpark, and willowbend)? or at a cingular/at&t store?

jossshr
Jun 18, 2007, 12:29 PM
I'm going to go to an at&t store. Probably the AT&T Experience store in Northpark. But if I was going to an Apple store, then I would go to Northpark also. That way you don't have to wait outside if you get there before 6:00, unlike the one on Knox

kalamus
Jun 18, 2007, 12:30 PM
Trying for the UP location on Knox. What are you thinking? My girlfriend said she would wait in line until I got off work :D. I really dont want to camp at AT&T for sure. I dont want to have to deal with them at all. I currently have Sprint on a contract for another few months and I despise them. My Sprint phone will be going on "vacation" until its contract is up.

retrospects
Jun 18, 2007, 12:34 PM
depends on how my day works out there is a cingular store on beltline in addison that is right next to the tattoo shop i will be at that day, there or a cingular store on preston by my appt. so everyone is going to the apple store huh?

clevin
Jun 18, 2007, 12:36 PM
no money for it, knox/north park are equally far for me.

cmschmidt
Jun 18, 2007, 12:37 PM
not sure yet where i'm gonna go. theres a few corp stores near me (downtown). and the plethora of apple stores helps.

kalamus
Jun 18, 2007, 12:39 PM
I'm going to go to an at&t store. Probably the AT&T Experience store in Northpark. But if I was going to an Apple store, then I would go to Northpark also. That way you don't have to wait outside if you get there before 6:00, unlike the one on Knox

So they let you into Northpark at 6am? If thats the case then we would camp at the Apple Store in there. Northpark is so nice anyway. I would be perfect. I just have to make sure my girl doesnt lose her spot in line to the Guess store :(

cmschmidt
Jun 18, 2007, 12:40 PM
So they let you into Northpark at 6am? If thats the case then we would camp at the Apple Store in there. Northpark is so nice anyway. I would be perfect. I just have to make sure my girl doesnt lose her spot in line to the Guess store :(

i think he probably meant 6pm. but you can get in pretty early (mall walking old ladies)

damn. looks like there's gonna be some competition here in dallas. i was hoping not.

retrospects
Jun 18, 2007, 12:40 PM
hah yeah northpark is nice, i think willowbend is nice too an its like 5 min from me, and its really big!(the apple store) may be bigger than highland park-knox

jossshr
Jun 18, 2007, 12:43 PM

I meant 6pm (since that is when it is released. But I imagine if you plan on camping out all day, then you could get in the mall pretty early. I think they open it early in the morning for employees and mall walkers. I would definitely prefer to hang out inside northpark, rather than outside at Knox. Plus if the apple store runs out, there is an AT&T store inside the mall too.

kalamus
Jun 18, 2007, 12:43 PM
not sure yet where i'm gonna go. theres a few corp stores near me (downtown). and the plethora of apple stores helps.

What Apple Stores are you talking about? I only know of 4 in the DFW area. Knox, Northpark, Willow Bend and Southlake.

Im thinking about buying online as well. Depends on how bad the line is at the stores.

cmschmidt
Jun 18, 2007, 12:45 PM
What Apple Stores are you talking about? I only know of 4 in the DFW area. Knox, Northpark, Willow Bend and Southlake.

Im thinking about buying online as well. Depends on how bad the line is at the stores.

i didn't even know about southlake. but 3 apple stores in such a small area i would consider a plethora. especially for not really being a HUGE city like new york or LA.

kalamus
Jun 18, 2007, 12:47 PM
i didn't even know about southlake. but 3 apple stores in such a small area i would consider a plethora. especially for not really being a HUGE city like new york or LA.

Yea im actually surprised that there arent any in Arlington or the surrounding areas. They are sticking to the "Rich white folks" areas. I guess.

jossshr
Jun 18, 2007, 12:50 PM

I agree, the knox and northpark stores are within 2 or 3 miles of each other.

cmschmidt
Jun 18, 2007, 12:56 PM
I agree, the knox and northpark stores are within 2 or 3 miles of each other.

and just hop on the tollway and you're at willowbend in 2 more minutes.

kalamus
Jun 18, 2007, 01:03 PM
and just hop on the tollway and you're at willowbend in 2 more minutes.

Lets hope we dont have to do all of that. So who's going to be at Northpark?

cmschmidt
Jun 18, 2007, 01:05 PM
if i'm going the apple store route thats probably where i'll start. maybe willowbend is the way to go though since that mall has all but been completely abandoned.

kalamus
Jun 18, 2007, 01:05 PM
if i'm going the apple store route thats probably where i'll start. maybe willowbend is the way to go though since that mall has all but been completely abandoned.

Thats a good point. Hmmm.

cmschmidt
Jun 18, 2007, 01:07 PM
Thats a good point. Hmmm.

i work part time right across from the apple store at northpark, and i can say it is filled to capacity almost every day all the time. that store does so much business....

kalamus
Jun 18, 2007, 01:10 PM
i work part time right across from the apple store at northpark, and i can say it is filled to capacity almost every day all the time. that store does so much business....

Yea, I frequent that Apple Store because it is so close to my workplace.

jossshr
Jun 18, 2007, 01:12 PM
I doubt southlake will be too crowded. Doesn't seem like the type of people who will camp out for the iphone are too prevalent there. Of course you have to drive to southlake.

kalamus
Jun 18, 2007, 01:22 PM
I doubt southlake will be too crowded. Doesn't seem like the type of people who will camp out for the iphone are too prevalent there. Of course you have to drive to southlake.

You would be surprised. Southlake is like a mini-plano

jl234
Jun 18, 2007, 01:33 PM
I'm going to be at the apple store in southlake starting around noon. I think it's better than the downtown stores because everyone commutes out of there.

mrowl
Jun 18, 2007, 02:25 PM
I will be at Southlake, because it is the closest. And I bet it will be packed. Its the only store that serves the west side of DFW.

retrospects
Jun 18, 2007, 02:50 PM
i can spit on willow bend and its the biggest i have seen up here so far!

jossshr
Jun 18, 2007, 03:01 PM
When are you planning on getting to the store? Think there will be a need to get there early or is there not as much hype in Dallas as say San Fran or NYC

cmschmidt
Jun 18, 2007, 03:03 PM
When are you planning on getting to the store? Think there will be a need to get there early or is there not as much hype in Dallas as say San Fran or NYC

i'll probably try to get to a store around 4:30 or so. have to leave work a bit early, but i think it should be worth it.

mrowl
Jun 18, 2007, 03:40 PM

you can bet that the local media will cover the release...

I will get to the Southlake store by 2 or so...

jl234
Jun 18, 2007, 04:12 PM
you can bet that the local media will cover the release...

I will get to the Southlake store by 2 or so...

Agreed, it will be the lead story that night. There wll probably be live spots from apple stores with people in line and a short interview with the first person to get one.

cdewitt
Jun 18, 2007, 04:13 PM
im thinking of going to northpark.... although i live in fort worth. i figure since its in the mall no camping so i wont have to lose sleep lol

Photography
Jun 18, 2007, 09:41 PM
Me and the other Cool OSX Apps owner are going to "divide and conquer" on June 29. We plan to go to the two local Cingular (yes, they still are Cingular) stores in Irving (one off Airport Freeway and the other off Beltline) and call one another periodically to let each other know the line status, as well as availability at each store is. If ya'll want to meet us (after all, we run a very large Mac site and are really cool!!) and live in the DFW area, then would be a good time haha! :apple:

retrospects
Jun 18, 2007, 10:09 PM
so alot of peoples are going to northpark it sounds like, that store is gonna be PACKED its right by SMU! there and the store on knox. your best bet would be a at&t/cingular store or willowbend(its a ghost town and the apple store is big!) i have a feeling that anyone in dallas that wants one will get one! good luck to you all!

Photography
Jun 18, 2007, 10:14 PM
so alot of peoples are going to northpark it sounds like, that store is gonna be PACKED its right by SMU! there and the store on knox. your best bet would be a at&t/cingular store or willowbend(its a ghost town and the apple store is big!) i have a feeling that anyone in dallas that wants one will get one! good luck to you all!

I was just at the Apple Store Northpark location today, and it was actually decent traffic throughout the store, and almost deserted it seems like! That won't be the case come the 29th, though. Yeah, it's pretty close to SMU and both Apple stores (Knox and Northpark) are right off Central Expwy., so that gives you a little bit of easier access to the Apple Stores. I am sure I and the other Cool OSX Apps owner will get one no problem. Good luck to ya'll DFW!

retrospects
Jun 18, 2007, 10:33 PM
its sad that i will be getting a apple phone before a computer! a mac book is next on my list! there needs to be a DFW apple fan club or website or somthing

Photography
Jun 18, 2007, 10:36 PM
its sad that i will be getting a apple phone before a computer! a mac book is next on my list! there needs to be a DFW apple fan club or website or somthing

Hmm... nice idea, and it's certainly something that could be done - I'd love to be an admin for it if there ever was a website for DFW Apple fans. I was thinking about having a local meet up for Cool OSX Apps somewhere in Dallas for all the members that wanted to come, but I don't have that many members who live locally as far as I know.

retrospects
Jun 18, 2007, 10:47 PM
Hmm... nice idea, and it's certainly something that could be done - I'd love to be an admin for it if there ever was a website for DFW Apple fans. I was thinking about having a local meet up for Cool OSX Apps somewhere in Dallas for all the members that wanted to come, but I don't have that many members who live locally as far as I know.

i just registers to your site! now all i need to do is get a mac! yeah it would be cool! im sure there are alot of people in the DFW that are mac fans.

chasemac
Jun 18, 2007, 10:58 PM
I get off at 4:00. Its Willow Bend here.

retrospects
Jun 18, 2007, 11:03 PM
I get off at 4:00. Its Willow Bend here.

i assume your north of west plano?

chasemac
Jun 18, 2007, 11:05 PM
i assume your north of west plano?

Bingo!:)

cmschmidt
Jun 18, 2007, 11:07 PM
i'm thinking i might do willowbend too. i'm closer to northpark and knox stores (downtown), but i really think there will be less craziness at willowbend.

retrospects
Jun 18, 2007, 11:11 PM
yeah i live off haverwood and the toll way,(street up from frankford) and me and my lady went into willow bend for the first time last week and there was no one there...middle of the day Saturday! they have nice stores too! the apple store there is nice and big! if your gonna go to an apple store i would drive up to plano. if your close enough.

chasemac
Jun 18, 2007, 11:22 PM
I was at Willow Bend for the launch of the iPod Video and it was pretty packed but no long line outside or anything. But employees had those hand held credit card devices so you were in and out within a few minutes. I don't think there will be a shortage if you can get there around 5:00 or even 6:00. I will not camp out though. If its too crowded or crazy I'll just go another day.

cmschmidt
Jun 18, 2007, 11:29 PM
ok. noboby go to willowbend. just me. i want it all to myself. spread the word.

retrospects
Jun 18, 2007, 11:29 PM
yeah for us lucky people that live in the plano to downtown bubble, we got it made when it comes to getting a phone. not only 3 stores close but then all the cingular stores!!!

cmschmidt
Jun 18, 2007, 11:31 PM
yeah for us lucky people that live in the plano to downtown bubble, we got it made when it comes to getting a phone. not only 3 stores close but then all the cingular stores!!!

i hope this is true. i'm not gonna jinx it though. i'll never underestimate rich plano west/highland park/smu kids.

retrospects
Jun 18, 2007, 11:42 PM
i hope this is true. i'm not gonna jinx it though. i'll never underestimate rich plano west/highland park/smu kids.

yeah, you have a point! damn! why are they all in the part of town with $$, oh wait thats right its cause apple is smart! oh well all you can do is nip at the coat tails! ( i need to make some friends!) haha

DopestGingah
Jun 19, 2007, 12:39 AM
Yeah I literally live 2 minutes away from Willow Bend, but I am getting there a 9 AM! Where would you camp out at Willow Bend? By the food court/Dillards?

jl234
Jun 19, 2007, 10:09 AM
Where would you camp out at Willow Bend? By the food court/Dillards?

There's a coffee bar right next to the Apple store that has free wifi. I'm thinking about switching from Southlake to Willow bend.. AC this time of year is important.

atszyman
Jun 19, 2007, 11:40 AM
Man, I didn't realize the Dallas area was so well represented here.

Unfortunately budgetary constraints prevent me from obtaining an iPhone in the foreseeable future, and I really want to know required plan details. I could get by just fine without a data plan if it's even an option.

If I were going it would be Willow Bend. My wife likes to shop there, therefore it is easier work out getting there.

cmschmidt
Jun 19, 2007, 11:42 AM
Man, I didn't realize the Dallas area was so well represented here.

Unfortunately budgetary constraints prevent me from obtaining an iPhone in the foreseeable future, and I really want to know required plan details. I could get by just fine without a data plan if it's even an option.

If I were going it would be Willow Bend. My wife likes to shop there, therefore it is easier work out getting there.

good. one less person to steal my iPhone from me. jk

Dallas Represent!

Photography
Jun 19, 2007, 11:44 AM
Dallas Represent!

:D :apple:

kalamus
Jun 19, 2007, 02:52 PM
Well there are at least 5-6 people that posted here that they will be at Willow Bend so think of how many people that will actually be there on launch day. I like this site and all but this is the minority of the people that are actually planning on buying the phone. I hope there isnt a ton of people there but im being realistic. How many phones do you think that each apple store in DFW will get? I mean it has to be a big number because of the small amount of stores in this area. You think each Apple Store will get in the 100's? It would seem feasible, considering the 3.5 million estimate at launch. You would think that at least 1.5-2 million would be available from the apple store online and the rest would go to retail stores across the country. That leaves a hell of alot of phones to go around. How many ATT stores and apple stores are actually going to be selling this thing? There cant be more then a thousand or so stores right?

Thoughts?

applehero
Jun 19, 2007, 03:03 PM
Not sure about the total number of Apple stores out there, but I believe the at&t store number was 1800.

kalamus
Jun 19, 2007, 03:09 PM
Not sure about the total number of Apple stores out there, but I believe the at&t store number was 1800.

There are approximately 170 Apple Stores around the world about 150 of those are in the US. So thats about 2000 stores that will get the phones. So thats what? 750 or so phones per store if there were 1.5 million going out to the stores? That seems very high. Even if they only shipped 500,000 to all the stores thats 250 per store. Doesnt sound like there will be any shortage on launch day. Unless I am missing something drastic.

atszyman
Jun 19, 2007, 03:24 PM
There are approximately 170 Apple Stores around the world about 150 of those are in the US. So thats about 2000 stores that will get the phones. So thats what? 750 or so phones per store if there were 1.5 million going out to the stores? That seems very high. Even if they only shipped 500,000 to all the stores thats 250 per store. Doesnt sound like there will be any shortage on launch day. Unless I am missing something drastic.

don't neglect the online stores for both Apple and at&t. Since those are national entities I wouldn't doubt they are getting well into the thousands of phones....

Lancetx
Jun 19, 2007, 03:36 PM
I haven't noticed this mentioned in this thread yet, but some people are probably going to be in for a major disappointment next Friday if they aren't careful about which store they go to.

According to numerous news stories I've read floating around on the net, the only outlets that will have the iPhone available on the 29th are Apple Stores and AT&T owned retail stores (most have already updated the signage on the buildings from Cingular to AT&T).

They will not be available on launch day at AT&T's franchise stores (this includes most stores that still have "Cingular" signage, as well as other authorized resellers like Fry's), nor will they be available from AT&T's web site on launch day at all either.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/4894868.html

kalamus
Jun 19, 2007, 03:54 PM
I haven't noticed this mentioned in this thread yet, but some people are probably going to be in for a major disappointment next Friday if they aren't careful about which store they go to.

According to numerous news stories I've read floating around on the net, the only outlets that will have the iPhone available on the 29th are Apple Stores and AT&T owned retail stores (most have already updated the signage on the buildings from Cingular to AT&T).

They will not be available on launch day at AT&T's franchise stores (this includes most stores that still have "Cingular" signage, as well as other authorized resellers like Fry's), nor will they be available from AT&T's web site on launch day at all either.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/4894868.html

If thats the case then it will be much easier to get one on launch day then previously expected. The Apple stores will have thousands of these things then. As long as they can get people in and out quickly it shouldnt be that bad at all. We shall see.

The issue that people are bringing up about the PS3/Wii launches should be taken with a grain of salt. Most stores that had these products on launch day only had at max 50 or so of those game consoles. These apple stores should have a ton of them thus removing the need to camp out at the stores waiting. How silly would you feel if you stayed there for 6 hours prior to release only to find out they have 1200 iphones and they didnt even sell out?

DopestGingah
Jun 19, 2007, 04:47 PM
There's a coffee bar right next to the Apple store that has free wifi. I'm thinking about switching from Southlake to Willow bend.. AC this time of year is important.

Yeah AC would be nice! :) But do you think they will make an official line so early?

jl234
Jun 19, 2007, 05:06 PM
But do you think they will make an official line so early?

I'm sure Apple will be prepared. I bought Panther when it was released (@ 9pm a few years back) from that store. They had a pretty long line and the mall security had those temporary lines setup. I'm planning to get there at noon - I don't plan on being the first, but definitely not last.

retrospects
Jun 19, 2007, 09:52 PM
all i know, is that there is gonna be a crap-ton of people at the apple stores and a lot of people are gonna be at northpark. willowbend is looking good but my best bet is gonna be a cingular/at&t store im not gonna spend my b-day camping, if all goes to plan and the gods of the 21 birthday are working with me i will be done with my tattoo in time to get the phone, then go to dave and busters and get hammered and play games!

chasemac
Jun 19, 2007, 11:16 PM
The issue that people are bringing up about the PS3/Wii launches should be taken with a grain of salt. Most stores that had these products on launch day only had at max 50 or so of those game consoles. These apple stores should have a ton of them thus removing the need to camp out at the stores waiting. How silly would you feel if you stayed there for 6 hours prior to release only to find out they have 1200 iphones and they didnt even sell out?

And I actually think that will be the case. I'm bringing a camera though!:)

retrospects
Jun 19, 2007, 11:18 PM
1200 phones is doable for the metroplex, 300 per apple store. then there is the cingular stores, and to clear something up any store that has an iPhone banner in the window and in the store will sell the phone.

kalamus
Jun 20, 2007, 02:00 PM
1200 phones is doable for the metroplex, 300 per apple store. then there is the cingular stores, and to clear something up any store that has an iPhone banner in the window and in the store will sell the phone.

According to that new thread, the ATT stores that actually DO get the iphone will only be getting between 12-36 phones on launch. Doesnt seem to make any sense. I mean how many iphones will the apple stores get? If they shipped as little as 500,000 to the apple stores across the country thats over 3000 allocation for each store. Seems excessive. Anyone have any other thoughts on this? Would they hold back 2.5 million just for the Apple online store?

jl234
Jun 20, 2007, 03:05 PM
I just did some quick math on this. Let's assume Apple does have 3 million phones for sale. Then they withhold half for online sales. So that's 1.5 million to be sold in stores. Each AT&T store, roughly 1800, gets 36. That leaves 9568 per Apple store (150 in the US). Seems to not add up to me. I would think it would at least a little more evenly distributed.

applehero
Jun 20, 2007, 03:32 PM
I'm not buying the global at&t store allocations of 12-36 either. The smaller stores may get that number, but larger stores in the major cities (like Dallas, San Antonio, LA, Atlanta, Chicago, etc...) will get more. Anything else would just be bad business. at&t will want to make as much money as they can off the launch, they're not going to short their big market stores by only shipping 30 when they know they can sell at least 100+.

kalamus
Jun 20, 2007, 04:46 PM
I just did some quick math on this. Let's assume Apple does have 3 million phones for sale. Then they withhold half for online sales. So that's 1.5 million to be sold in stores. Each AT&T store, roughly 1800, gets 36. That leaves 568 per Apple store. Seems to not add up to me. I would think it would at least a little more evenly distributed.

It's been stated that only the corporate ATT stores will be able to carry the iphone so that cuts the 1800 stores down quite a bit does it not? Even if you are saying that each ATT store (all 1800) got 36 phones thats only 64,800. Subtract that from 1.5 million and distribute the rest to the 150'ish Apple Stores throughout the country and thats around 9500 per Apple store. That wont happen so this leads me to believe the number left for the Apple online store will be more significant.

You're missing a zero in your math. ;) You're only allocating 150,000 phones.

jl234
Jun 20, 2007, 05:19 PM
You're missing a zero in your math. ;) Your only allocating 150,000 phones.

Oooo... you're right. My bad, I was perusing these forums during a conference call and did that half paying attention to each. I should have been concentrating on this! :D

I'm guessing that the 3 million isn't right. Perhaps it will be 3 million available over the first 3 months or something like that, but not on the 29th.

kalamus
Jun 20, 2007, 07:35 PM
I'm guessing that the 3 million isn't right. Perhaps it will be 3 million available over the first 3 months or something like that, but not on the 29th.

Well that is the number that most are talking about. Even if that number is halved thats a ton of iphones per apple store. If they have just a few hundred per store that would insure anyone that stand in a line for a couple hours on launch day in Dallas, should get one. I wouldnt worry too much about camping out all day, to be completely honest. If you show up before 6pm I really think you will get one.

retrospects
Jun 24, 2007, 03:17 PM
well if there is gonna be so many phones, who is gonna get me one for my birthday!

irinestine
Jun 24, 2007, 06:16 PM
I'll be camping at Willow Bend. I called the mall management and was told that the doors to the mall will open at 8AM as usual. We are free to wait outside the Apple store as long as we don't obstruct the mall walker path.

Get this. I contacted the Apple store and as of 2 hours ago, they STILL have no idea what the plan is as far as crowd control, line inside/outside, etc. I'll be there at 8AM. That's what vacation days are for!

ToddW
Jun 24, 2007, 08:39 PM
i will pick mine up in southlake if there are no rebates associated with AT&T that way i can get my corporate discount with apple.

EdwardG87
Jun 24, 2007, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure what I'll do yet. I haven't read all of this topic, so maybe doing so will give me some clue as to what most people will be doing.

Northpark sounds good to me, but that's mostly because I know how to get there quickly (I'm new to the area, mostly) and there's an AT&T store nearby. However, NorthPark could get really crowded, as to where other apple stores might not.

jl234
Jun 24, 2007, 10:30 PM
I'll be camping at Willow Bend.

I'll be there at 11:45. Save me a spot! ;)

irinestine
Jun 24, 2007, 11:17 PM
I'll be there at 11:45. Save me a spot! ;)

Look for the sleepy guy at the front of the line downing Starbucks sitting like a vagrant outside the store. I'll be holding a spot.

Cheers.

orthodoc
Jun 25, 2007, 10:23 AM
I think those of you that think Willow Bend will not be that busy will be sorely mistaken. I live near that store and it is packed on most weekends and very busy during new product launches. With so many people talking about going to Apple Stores, I'm starting to think the AT&T stores may be the best place to go. Just my two cents.

tttexxan
Jun 25, 2007, 10:27 AM
I will be w8ing at the AT&T store off precint Line

irinestine
Jun 25, 2007, 10:48 AM
I think those of you that think Willow Bend will not be that busy will be sorely mistaken. I live near that store and it is packed on most weekends and very busy during new product launches. With so many people talking about going to Apple Stores, I'm starting to think the AT&T stores may be the best place to go. Just my two cents.

Orthodoc, I think you are correct. I live about 3 miles from there which is why it's my choice. However, that's also why I'll be there at 8 AM rather than later.

kalamus
Jun 25, 2007, 10:56 AM
I'll be camping at Willow Bend. I called the mall management and was told that the doors to the mall will open at 8AM as usual. We are free to wait outside the Apple store as long as we don't obstruct the mall walker path.

Get this. I contacted the Apple store and as of 2 hours ago, they STILL have no idea what the plan is as far as crowd control, line inside/outside, etc. I'll be there at 8AM. That's what vacation days are for!

Being there at 8am wont be necessary all that will do is cause people to get in line earlier because they will think they are losing out. Plus, it is being said that Apple stores wont allow folks to line up too early. I guess we will see but lining up that early, by all accounts so far, will be silly.

Lets not make this a PS3 launch were ebay'ing fools will be in the lines early because someone lined up at 8am.

JamesMcCain
Jun 25, 2007, 11:53 AM
I'll be at a AT&T store on North Macarthur (west side one) around 3ish, I think.

marksman
Jun 25, 2007, 11:59 AM
I will be getting a phone at the cool side of the metroplex, Fort Worth.

I will be going to my local AT&T store, and if that does not work, I will go over to Southlake Apple on Saturday.

Although I suspect I may just order it online, depending on how when that will work.

csweatt
Jun 25, 2007, 02:21 PM
I am in Plano where an apple Store is close by. But if the rumors are true about security around Apple stores (in malls) keeping people from standing in line then an AT&T store may be the best option. I understand not every att/cingular store will have them ... just the corporate stores (whatever that means).

jl234
Jun 25, 2007, 02:32 PM
Plus, it is being said that Apple stores wont allow folks to line up too early.

Just curious, where did you see this?

loudestnoise
Jun 25, 2007, 02:33 PM
Just curious, where did you see this?

It's been mentioned on front page MR articles, not a fact though.

kalamus
Jun 25, 2007, 02:48 PM
It's been mentioned on front page MR articles, not a fact though.

I really hope that its a fact. It would go a long way to keep those ebay monkeys at bay. I also hope they make you sign a contract at the store before you can take it home. At least then the folks that actually work for a living can actually have a shot at the phone on friday evening. Camping out for something is only due to a perceived shortage of an item. Where in the world are there any indications that there will be a shortage? They will NOT sell 3 million phones on day 1. That is of course if 3 million is correct. Hell they wont even sell 2 million phones on day 1. I suspect there will be phones all weekend for anyone that wishes to buy one in any metro area.

jl234
Jun 25, 2007, 02:57 PM
I agree about the ebay people, but I am still planning to arrive early. I just don't want to take the chance that I might not get one.

I'm assuming this is coming from pressure from the malls. I'm sure they don't want a line of 50-100 people blocking the neighboring stores for hours. Apple could be doing a take a number scheme and allow lining up around 5 or something. They have to have a plan for this besides just 'discouraging' early lines.

DerekS
Jun 25, 2007, 04:20 PM
I'll be at Willow Bend too. It would be nice if the Apple store (or perhaps one of us) were to maintain a "list"/signup-sheet. That way we can freely move about, enjoy the tables/seating/laptop charging stations, etc...without losing our spots in line.

appletipper
Jun 25, 2007, 05:52 PM
I work at the AT&T store in Denton, TX off 288.
we just got 250 of the iphones today, they came in a brown box and stored in the safe.
if you need one.... look me up.

cmschmidt
Jun 25, 2007, 05:56 PM
we just got 250 of the iphones today, they came in a brown box and stored in the safe.

i don't buy it...

tttexxan
Jun 25, 2007, 06:04 PM
Hey if any of yall want to come to the precienct line store in fort worth I will buy the pizza....:) Im getting out there on thursday night around 1030 pm and switching out with my bro so we can take turns sleeping in the car....Were going to have movies and puters covering the event

tttexxan
Jun 25, 2007, 06:06 PM

give us some more info on what you have been told then about things happening this week...Any accessories in the store yet??

DallasGeek
Jun 25, 2007, 07:41 PM
I live on Knox and walk to the Apple Store there a lot...I am thinking of waiting a few weeks and ordering mine online...no doubt I will go in and play with one in a week or so early in the morning when it calms down...

Anyone else waiting to see what problems/bugs there may be?

DonWilson
Jun 25, 2007, 08:50 PM
Is anyone in/near the McKinney/Allen/Plano area? If so, where are you guys heading to besides Willowbend?

eddi818
Jun 25, 2007, 08:56 PM
i'm living in plano and I'll be at willow bend..
im thinking about going there around 10..

DonWilson
Jun 25, 2007, 09:02 PM
i'm living in plano and I'll be at willow bend..
im thinking about going there around 10..

haha don't tell me that. I'm not wanting to wait in like for 8 hours.

DallasGeek
Jun 25, 2007, 09:12 PM
I really think that if you are willing to just walk in and buy one without looking at the display model(s) I don't imagine that the wait to be that long. What will be problematic will be the dozens (or hundreds) of people that have no desire whatsoever to purchase an iPhone but will want to see it in person and touch it. Let's remember that most people can't afford this phone - 9% of cell phone users actually want an iPhone (treocentral).

russurquhart1
Jun 25, 2007, 09:16 PM
Hi,

I'm in Plano, and so will probably end up being at the WillowBend store.

Has anyone talked to the AppleStore there to see if there are any restrictions on lining up, or what time we can start? (I had wanted to go there Friday morning.)

In the past, for OS X releases, we have been able to line up early!

Let me know if anyone had heard anything.

Russ

eddi818
Jun 25, 2007, 10:25 PM
haha don't tell me that. I'm not wanting to wait in like for 8 hours.

hahaha. hey hey tell that to the people who plan to go at 8....
i dont want to wait for 10 hrs!

DallasGeek
Jun 25, 2007, 11:47 PM
Hi,

Has anyone talked to the AppleStore there to see if there are any restrictions on lining up, or what time we can start? (I had wanted to go there Friday morning.)

Russ

All I've heard so far is that at&t stores are getting some kind of rope for crowd control - Im assuming there will be a station set up in the apple stores with the at&t rep to be positioned at for setting up contracts/plans

brasscat
Jun 26, 2007, 12:21 AM
An ATT store employee told me yesterday that when the store opens at 6 pm, only as many customers they can service will be allowed in the store at once. In other words, if there are 4 checkout stations, only 4 customers will be allowed in at once; The rest of the iPhone customers will be waiting outside the store lined up at the door.

So if you're driving by an ATT store, and you see nobody outside after 6 pm, then it's a fair bet you can walk right in and get help. Hopefully, these stores will be stocked to handle demand.

It's my guess that with all factors of this product roll-out so well handled (at this point), supply won't be an issue. I've never seen a product roll-out like this one in my 30+ years in the tech biz.... for what it's worth...

irinestine
Jun 26, 2007, 06:04 PM
Hi,

I'm in Plano, and so will probably end up being at the WillowBend store.

In the past, for OS X releases, we have been able to line up early!

Let me know if anyone had heard anything.

Russ

Just got off the phone with Willow Bend. The manager said that they expect to rope off the area outside the store for iPhone folks. I'll be there at 8 AM just in case (maybe I'm nuts). Any one else?

fmsb2005
Jun 26, 2007, 06:22 PM
I dont belive the guy saying his store got in 250 iphones since each store is only getting between 12 and 36...lol and they arent even ariving at the stores until the afternoon of the 29th

russurquhart1
Jun 26, 2007, 06:37 PM
Just got off the phone with Willow Bend. The manager said that they expect to rope off the area outside the store for iPhone folks. I'll be there at 8 AM just in case (maybe I'm nuts). Any one else?

I might be nuts too, but, unless anyone hears different, i can be there at 8 as well.

Russ

jl234
Jun 26, 2007, 07:28 PM
I'll be at Willow Bend around noon. Are you guys taking laptops or will you be able to post during the morning? It would be awesome if you guys could let the rest of us know how the line growing. I'd be willing to ditch work if it starts getting too long.

cmschmidt
Jun 26, 2007, 08:42 PM
I'll be at Willow Bend around noon. Are you guys taking laptops or will you be able to post during the morning? It would be awesome if you guys could let the rest of us know how the line growing. I'd be willing to ditch work if it starts getting too long.

i second this. if someone could post during the day it'd be greatly appreciated.

irinestine
Jun 26, 2007, 08:50 PM

I plan on bringing my office laptop, and I believe that Willow Bend has WiFi. If so, I'll gladly post throughout the day.

retrospects
Jun 26, 2007, 08:56 PM
willow bend has wifi at starbucks right by the apple store. and the starbucks is out in the open

VCD20
Jun 26, 2007, 10:50 PM
Willow Bend store, not sure when to get there yet.
Maybe 9:00 A.M sure will be a long day though.
Taking my camera and macbookpro, would be cool to videotape. To much gear...

brasscat
Jun 27, 2007, 01:00 AM
While it may be cooler to pick up an iPhone at an Apple store, remember it's also available at the more numerous ATT stores around the metroplex. I think, especially based on how many ATT stores are in the Dallas area, that getting an iPhone will be a relatively easier than navigating the Apple stores. We'll see (I'm trying the ATT store near me first)... Just something to consider.

DerekS
Jun 27, 2007, 08:50 AM
Hey guys,

We're going to have a lot of time to kill...and our laptops. What say we plan on playing some networkable games?

Diablo2? Warcraft 3? Warcraft 3 Expansion?

There's always WoW, too.

eddi818
Jun 27, 2007, 09:28 AM
While it may be cooler to pick up an iPhone at an Apple store, remember it's also available at the more numerous ATT stores around the metroplex. I think, especially based on how many ATT stores are in the Dallas area, that getting an iPhone will be a relatively easier than navigating the Apple stores. We'll see (I'm trying the ATT store near me first)... Just something to consider.

remember it is not ALL AT&T store. Only the "official" at&t store..none of the franchise will have it. You can check it on at&t website..I know in plano area, there are only 2 stores that will have it..

Lancetx
Jun 27, 2007, 09:56 AM
Just for the record, there will be no overnight camping out allowed outside the Apple Store in Southlake. Not that it should be necessary anyway. :D

http://www.star-telegram.com/business/story/150529.html

sfhc21
Jun 27, 2007, 04:33 PM
Don't know how accurate this is and it is probably a bit exaggerated, but a coworker said her daughter called up the store in Southlake and the store said they had over 17,000 inquiries about the iPhone. Considering that area though, I wouldn't be surprised...

transamman1999
Jun 27, 2007, 04:37 PM
I dont belive the guy saying his store got in 250 iphones since each store is only getting between 12 and 36...lol and they arent even ariving at the stores until the afternoon of the 29th

false. my best friend works at a small town AT&T store in west Texas and said they recieved TWO boxes of iPhones today. i'm guessing a box = 20-30 phones wouldnt you say???

dam, i wouldnt expect Denton to get that many!
check your PMs!

kalamus
Jun 27, 2007, 04:49 PM
I plan on bringing my office laptop, and I believe that Willow Bend has WiFi. If so, I'll gladly post throughout the day.

Yes, please keep us posted :) I will bring you a sandwich or something!

brasscat
Jun 27, 2007, 06:00 PM
Don't know how accurate this is and it is probably a bit exaggerated, but a coworker said her daughter called up the store in Southlake and the store said they had over 17,000 inquiries about the iPhone. Considering that area though, I wouldn't be surprised...

This sounds ridiculous. Are there even 17,000 residents in Southlake? Wouldn't the Apple store lose count at, say, 500 inquiries?

I think a large majority of us will be able to sleep pretty with our phones by end of day Friday. Especially with the new report that some large market stores will get around 1000 units.

DerekS
Jun 27, 2007, 06:29 PM
"17,000 inquiries" sounds like hyperbole. In other words, the phone is ringing off the hook about it.

Think about it. How would they count/track those between multiple people on the floor, etc?

retrospects
Jun 27, 2007, 06:58 PM
ok, the recent weather has given me a question. who all is still camping/waiting. i have a feeling that if it is raining the willowbend and northpark malls will be PACKED! i was not planing on waiting anyway. the recent ark-ish floods among us have driven the hardcore to find shelter! after all this is texas and not only dose it rain its very very HOT!

noromaru
Jun 27, 2007, 07:53 PM

I'd be more worried about a roof to keep from getting soaked. I won't be camping out, but that's mostly because I'll be selling iPhones...:)

VCD20
Jun 27, 2007, 11:51 PM
It would be nice to get the iphone when the stores open up in the morning. However, I know that the media will be covering with live feeds on the 6:00 and 10:00 news. Every entertainment and news station will get in on it. Everyone is home from work after 6:00 and it is payday for the corporate world. Also the willowbend store will be very crowded, people not buying the phone will be checking it out.

Not enough phones at the AT&T stores if the demand is high and the stock is low. Good point standing in the rain is no good.

Anyone want to hook up and help each other communicate the activity give me a shout.
I am in Mckinney.

dallasarchitect
Jun 28, 2007, 04:52 AM

I'm going to the ATT Store on Belt Line in Addison. I figure that it's a better bet than Apple Stores because more non-ATT people will go to Apple and current ATT customers (such as myself) will go the ATT store and I think there will be fewer people to compete with as a result.

sfhc21
Jun 28, 2007, 08:28 AM
This sounds ridiculous. Are there even 17,000 residents in Southlake? Wouldn't the Apple store lose count at, say, 500 inquiries?

It may sound ridiculous...but think about it.

Southlake does have more than 17,000 - more than 25k at a household income of 135k+. Plus, it's bordered by Colleyville, another rich city with more than 25k+. Throw in nearby Flowermound, Grapevine, Keller, Euless, Bedford, Trophy Club, and North Richland Hills and you have close to 300,000+. So 17,000 would be under 5% of the population in the immediate area.

Plus, I the Southlake Store would be the closest Apple Store to the Fort Worth area. And it wouldn't be that hard to keep track of inquiries...

SJSTex
Jun 28, 2007, 11:47 AM
My mom is gonna hit the line for me at Northpark in the morning, then I'm skipping out of work at lunch time. I don't think it should be too crazy, I just don't want to take any chances.

brasscat
Jun 28, 2007, 03:47 PM
Just an interesting FYI,

The ATT store off MacArthur in Irving (Dallas area) has no iPhones in inventory - expects all stock for Friday to arrive sometime right before launch though. They have "no way of telling" how many units will be arriving.

retrospects
Jun 28, 2007, 04:22 PM
i will be at northpark tomorrow morning, but not to line up. just to shop. but i will check the line.

Photography
Jun 28, 2007, 08:14 PM
Just an interesting FYI,

The ATT store off MacArthur in Irving (Dallas area) has no iPhones in inventory - expects all stock for Friday to arrive sometime right before launch though. They have "no way of telling" how many units will be arriving.

The same for the AT&T Store off Belt Line Road near the Irving Mall in Irving - they have no way of telling how many units will be arriving, and they expect all of their iPhone inventory to show up around 2-4 PM. :rolleyes:

coolosxapps

kalamus
Jun 28, 2007, 11:14 PM
i will be at northpark tomorrow morning, but not to line up. just to shop. but i will check the line.

Post your findings. please!! :) :)

DerekS
Jun 28, 2007, 11:47 PM
I made a pass tonight through the metroplex to see what's up...

- No visible campers at either mall location.
- Knox/Henderson had some campers, maybe 1/2 dozen
- 121/Preston had about 15-10 campers, mostly teenagers (surprisingly)

Tomorrow should be a very interesting day!

dallasarchitect
Jun 28, 2007, 11:49 PM
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/Documents/iphonelaunchguide2.pdf

just thought someone may be interested in this. I'm going to an AT&T store to get mine.

barbourdg
Jun 29, 2007, 12:23 AM
Midnight - Just drove by Willowbend. At most maybe 3 people camping out. I think if you are their by noon-2pm, you will have no trouble getting a phone.

Photography
Jun 29, 2007, 12:57 AM
I headed out again for the last round about an hour ago, and there were 7 people outside the AT&T Store off Beltline near the Irving Mall... Four guys were in a truck and they were talking to the three guys standing outside. There's already a few people in line.

It'll be an interesting day tomorrow, and I'll be out there early in the morning to wait in line with them!

coolosxapps

sunnywala
Jun 29, 2007, 05:09 AM
any new updates?

VCD20
Jun 29, 2007, 06:11 AM
Headed out

brasscat
Jun 29, 2007, 07:12 AM
ATT Store off MacArthur near 635 has one person sleeping in their car in front of the store. That's it so far as of this post.

DerekS
Jun 29, 2007, 07:36 AM
Willow Bend has let people in!

They are handling this spectacularly. No bumrush when they opened the doors, no problems.

There are about 100 people here at 7:39am.

SJSTex
Jun 29, 2007, 07:47 AM
Anybody at Northpark yet?

brasscat
Jun 29, 2007, 07:48 AM
Anyone waiting in line care to ustream.tv their location?

piggy1020
Jun 29, 2007, 07:54 AM
Any update on the line at the southlake, tx apple store?

mackers
Jun 29, 2007, 08:12 AM
I just saw a report (http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=3632786&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1) on Fox 4 about the lines at the Apple Store on Knox. The live shot showed about 20 people in line, of which only 8 were buying for themselves. Several people were getting paid about $100 to stand in line for someone else.

Click on the related video to see the Knox store report.

kalamus
Jun 29, 2007, 08:23 AM

They are handling this spectacularly. No bumrush when they opened the doors, no problems.

Good to hear that Apple folks aren't little PS3/Wii vidiots and handle themselves with dignity and honor. Lets hope this holds true more the majority of cities.

kalamus
Jun 29, 2007, 08:23 AM
Anybody at Northpark yet?

Good question. Anyone?

sfwalter
Jun 29, 2007, 08:26 AM
I have to work til 4pm :( I hope I will be ok

jl234
Jun 29, 2007, 08:36 AM

Any updates? Have more people shown up?

cmschmidt
Jun 29, 2007, 08:53 AM
well i was going to go to willowbend when i get off at 1:30 or 2. but now i'm officially really worried.

DerekS
Jun 29, 2007, 08:53 AM
About the same number so far.

JamesMcCain
Jun 29, 2007, 08:57 AM
Just an interesting FYI,

which one did you go to? see below post.

ATT Store off MacArthur near 635 has one person sleeping in their car in front of the store. That's it so far as of this post.

Dude which one? there are litterally 3 of them right off MacArthur and 635...

one next to iFratellis just south of 635 and west of Macarthur.
one next to blockbuster just south of 635 and east of Macarthur anddd
one next to starbucks just north of 635 and west of MacArthur

which all these are literally within 1 mile from each other, you can almost see all three of each other from one another.

I'll be at one of those soon. =)

kalamus
Jun 29, 2007, 08:59 AM
well i was going to go to willowbend when i get off at 1:30 or 2. but now i'm officially really worried.

That store will get at least a thousand phones. Its all good :) No worries.

uandir1
Jun 29, 2007, 08:59 AM
I'm here @ NorthPark....I got here @ 5:25 and I was the 4th one....They let us inside @ 6:30am. Right now it's about 8:55am, and I'm guessing there'a about 40 people line so far. I'm up near the front with the green recycle t-shirt one - if anyone wants to say hello! :)

I wish I had the $$ to buy the iPhone, but I'm waiting in line for someone else to help pay rent for the month. Next time I guess!

Good luck to everyone, and don't forget to stand up some to keep the blood flowing in the legs! :)

kalamus
Jun 29, 2007, 09:09 AM
I'm here @ NorthPark....I got here @ 5:25 and I was the 4th one....They let us inside @ 6:30am. Right now it's about 8:55am, and I'm guessing there'a about 40 people line so far. I'm up near the front with the green recycle t-shirt one - if anyone wants to say hello! :)

I wish I had the $$ to buy the iPhone, but I'm waiting in line for someone else to help pay rent for the month. Next time I guess!

Good luck to everyone, and don't forget to stand up some to keep the blood flowing in the legs! :)

How is the line set up? Just roped off or? Thanks for the update

jossshr
Jun 29, 2007, 09:10 AM

Keep us updated. I may need to take off earlier than expected!

cmschmidt
Jun 29, 2007, 09:13 AM
That store will get at least a thousand phones. Its all good :) No worries.

sure hope your at least some what right.

uandir1
Jun 29, 2007, 09:15 AM
How is the line set up? Just roped off or? Thanks for the update

It's not roped off - we're just lined up next to the wall by the Apple Store. They brought out some stanchions earlier, which they may use - but they'll need a lot more I'm sure later on. :)

mrowl
Jun 29, 2007, 09:19 AM
any Southlake store updates?

I am headed there around noon...

kalamus
Jun 29, 2007, 09:25 AM
It's not roped off - we're just lined up next to the wall by the Apple Store. They brought out some stanchions earlier, which they may use - but they'll need a lot more I'm sure later on. :)

Awesome. If you see a hot asian girl roll up thats my girlfriend. I wont be too far behind her!

BURR1T0
Jun 29, 2007, 09:28 AM
i'm heading to the att store by 635 and macarthur at 5 hopefully there will be some left. if not i guess i'll just buy it online.

SJSTex
Jun 29, 2007, 09:34 AM
My mom is waiting for me at Northpark until I show up at lunch. Be warned that they are not allowing chairs. She said that everyone is pretty civilized and the mall security/police are keeping things under control. We'll see what happens once the mall opens.

JamesMcCain
Jun 29, 2007, 09:36 AM
i'm heading to the att store by 635 and macarthur at 5 hopefully there will be some left. if not i guess i'll just buy it online.

dudeee seriously see my other post! there's 3 of them in that area, which one?! lol

I'll be on the one west of macarthur and south of 635.

BURR1T0
Jun 29, 2007, 09:54 AM
i'll be at the one by the starbucks and gamestop by ranch ranch view.. hopefully the line wont' be long when i get there. or there is still some left :-(

JamesMcCain
Jun 29, 2007, 09:56 AM
i'll be at the one by the starbucks and gamestop by ranch ranch view.. hopefully the line wont' be long when i get there. or there is still some left :-(

well I'll let you know how the line is at the one south of it less then a mile around 3ish.

jl234
Jun 29, 2007, 10:10 AM
My mom is waiting for me at Northpark until I show up at lunch. Be warned that they are not allowing chairs. She said that everyone is pretty civilized and the mall security/police are keeping things under control. We'll see what happens once the mall opens.

Any chance you could find out how long the line is? I'm debating between NP and willow bend.

kalamus
Jun 29, 2007, 10:24 AM
Any chance you could find out how long the line is? I'm debating between NP and willow bend.

My girlfriend is there now. She says there are about 60-70 people in line right now. Good luck

hirerob
Jun 29, 2007, 10:27 AM
Anyone know if they're allowing chairs at Willow Bend?

jossshr
Jun 29, 2007, 10:31 AM
How many at willowbend or knox?
NP is reported as 60-70

ethen
Jun 29, 2007, 11:01 AM
denton loop 288 is around 20+ people, i'm #11

DerekS
Jun 29, 2007, 11:05 AM
Willow Bend is easily over 150 people right now. I'm up near the front and can't see the back, so there may be more.

mrowl
Jun 29, 2007, 11:30 AM
about 20 people in line at the at&t store in Flower Mound.

cmschmidt
Jun 29, 2007, 11:46 AM
ok. i'm honestly sitting at work freaking out now. willowbend better get like 500 at least. i really dont' wanna wait in a line for 4 hours and then find out there's not enough. ugh. i should have called in sick today. i got an hour and 45 minues left till i can leave.

JamesMcCain
Jun 29, 2007, 11:47 AM
ok. i'm honestly sitting at work freaking out now. willowbend better get like 500 at least. i really dont' wanna wait in a line for 4 hours and then find out there's not enough. ugh. i should have called in sick today. i got an hour and 45 minues left till i can leave.

ya me too, I'm fixin to get a lunch and go check out the line...

ugh I really hope they have enough at the local att store.

jl234
Jun 29, 2007, 11:56 AM
This is what the line looks like at NP.

cmschmidt
Jun 29, 2007, 12:55 PM
any updates for line numbers at willowbend and northpark? looks like np's actually had a shorter line most of the day. (the opposite of how i thought it would be)

keegan
Jun 29, 2007, 12:57 PM
Around 100 people in line at the Apple Store in Southlake, Texas. Here is some video coverage:

http://vimeo.com/225243
http://vimeo.com/225293
http://vimeo.com/225314

jl234
Jun 29, 2007, 01:46 PM
The apple employees are handing out free water here at NP. Line hasn't grown much since I arrived at 11. Probably 120-150 total now.

sfwalter
Jun 29, 2007, 01:52 PM
anybody have any updates for the Irving AT&T stores. Im going to leave work at 3pm and I was just curious if I should even attempt the AT&T stores.

DerekS
Jun 29, 2007, 01:53 PM
The official Willow Bend count from the mall staff is at 210 now.

Jun 29, 2007, 02:14 PM
The official Willow Bend count from the mall staff is at 210 now.

Any word on how many units they will have in stock there? I would hate to think they're going to let people line up and then not tell them when the line has more people than there are available iPhones (esp. since Jobs pretty much stated they won't let you pre-order in store for future inventory).

I'm debating whether to hit the Apple Store in Willow Bend or to go to one of the AT&T stores on my way home. Upside is it sounds like Apple Stores have way more units in stock, downside is more people seem to be lining up at the Apple Stores than the AT&T stores.

BURR1T0
Jun 29, 2007, 02:26 PM
yeah i'm wondering the same thing. I hope when i get out there they don't run out. and I'm standing in line for nothing. Any update on the Irving MacAurther area??

Jun 29, 2007, 02:48 PM
yeah i'm wondering the same thing. I hope when i get out there they don't run out. and I'm standing in line for nothing. Any update on the Irving MacAurther area??

I wonder... are the Apple employees the ones who are keeping "official count"?

Because one reason they may be doing so is to say something as soon as it approaches the limit of their available volume.

rbredden
Jun 29, 2007, 04:00 PM
any word on the line at Northpark or Knox or inventory levels in Dallas

Lancetx
Jun 30, 2007, 01:06 AM
We had a great experience at the Southlake store. My girlfriend and I got there at about 7pm after the initial rush had mostly died down. We waited in line for only about 10 minutes, and were both able to get an 8GB iPhone. We're both very pleased with them so far! :)

eddi818
Jun 30, 2007, 01:21 AM
went to willowbend at 8 am..I was about #80.. met some really cool people there (and some REALLY smart kid..three 15 yr old kid sold their spots "#25, 26, 27" for total of 500 is the first hour, then sold their other spot .."right behind me" for 175 and 120. )..spent the whole day there ..just hanging out wiht em.. got the smartwater from apple employees ..they are actually really cool. The girl that checked me out took FOREVER..i was really already getting impatient..but overall this is an AWESOME exp.

mrowl
Jun 30, 2007, 12:18 PM
We had a great experience at the Southlake store. My girlfriend and I got there at about 7pm after the initial rush had mostly died down. We waited in line for only about 10 minutes, and were both able to get an 8GB iPhone. We're both very pleased with them so far! :)

Was also at Southlake around 8pm, no line at all, very easy.

chasemac
Jun 30, 2007, 06:39 PM
Just got back from the Willow Bend store and they are sold out. I got the last phone (4GB). This is not a joke. I really did get the last phone.

barbourdg
Jun 30, 2007, 09:13 PM
went to willowbend at 8 am..I was about #80.. met some really cool people there (and some REALLY smart kid..three 15 yr old kid sold their spots "#25, 26, 27" for total of 500 is the first hour, then sold their other spot .."right behind me" for 175 and 120. )..spent the whole day there ..just hanging out wiht em.. got the smartwater from apple employees ..they are actually really cool. The girl that checked me out took FOREVER..i was really already getting impatient..but overall this is an AWESOME exp.

I guess I was right behind you. I was 2 spaces behind those kids at around spot 84

eddi818
Jun 30, 2007, 10:07 PM
I guess I was right behind you. I was 2 spaces behind those kids at around spot 84
hmph... which one r u? .. haha we're the group of people who never shut up, with the cool mom and funny son..mason haha

for wut its worth.. here are the pics from iDay - willow bend

http://www.fakeplastiktree.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=8896&g2_page=1

Lancetx
Jul 2, 2007, 02:52 PM
Anyone else with an iPhone in D/FW having trouble connecting to the internet over EDGE today? I'm near Love Field, and I haven't been able to access the internet at all since 1pm.

<EDIT>: Nevermind, I found the thread on it.

barbourdg
Jul 2, 2007, 03:27 PM
Anyone else with an iPhone in D/FW having trouble connecting to the internet over EDGE today? I'm near Love Field, and I haven't been able to access the internet at all since 1pm.

<EDIT>: Nevermind, I found the thread on it.

Same problem the last few hours. Text messaging has been working fine though.

eddi818
Jul 2, 2007, 04:15 PM
eh.. i was sending and rcving email fine