PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Philadelphia, PA

designsynergy
Jun 18, 2007, 01:00 PM
Where's everyone around the Philadelphia area headed for the big release on the 29th?

With Apple stores in King of Prussia, Suburban Square and Christiana DE (no taxes) and AT&T stores all over the place, where will every one be waiting?

Just figured I would post and get opinions from fellow Philly people :)

Eric1285
Jun 18, 2007, 01:01 PM
I'm in NJ, but fairly close to Philly. I'll be heading to a local AT&T store, as per Steve Jobs' advice.

DVNIEL
Jun 18, 2007, 01:02 PM
Hehheehe I'm not from Philly but I think this sudden upsurge of "where is everyone going" is people's idea of gauging where they SHOULDN'T go to avoid long lines.

designsynergy
Jun 18, 2007, 01:10 PM
exactly ;)

DVNIEL
Jun 18, 2007, 01:11 PM
exactly ;)

/highfive designsynergy

zap2
Jun 18, 2007, 01:18 PM
I'm NJ too...outside of Philly, hopefully far enough away that few people come....atleast their is an Apple Store and AT&T store within walking distance of each other.

But I'll be getting their plenty early!

designsynergy
Jun 18, 2007, 01:58 PM
Eric1285 - Good luck to you :) make sure it's AT&T corporate. I'm sure you've heard about the distinction between the remaining Cingular and AT&T stores.

villanova329 - lowfive back at you :D

zap2 - That's one of the things I have been checking - proximity of Apple stores to AT&T stores.

Apple guys think far too much alike.

cjandnw
Jun 18, 2007, 02:32 PM
I have an AT&T store within 5 minutes from my house and an Apple store the same distance, but in the opposite direction of course.
I will go to the AT&T store 1st and, judging on the perceived wait time, stay or try the Apple store.
I feel more comfortable going to my AT&T store because the contract, sim card needs will probable go smoother. In my humble opinion or course.

kyleman2k
Jun 18, 2007, 02:39 PM
I live in philly, I am gonna go to the apple store in kop...several days after launch and after all the good reviews come in.

Aniej
Jun 19, 2007, 12:25 AM
I'm headed to the apple store in the suburbs just outside Philly. If you are planning on going to this store also, post and maybe we can say hello, it's always nice to meet fellow MR folks. If you don't feel like being public about it, no worries, you can say nothing or private message me.

Aniej
Jun 19, 2007, 12:36 PM
Anymore Philly people on here? come on O'Grady you know you are out there.

elg23
Jun 19, 2007, 12:54 PM
hey, im from philly.. im am trying to figure out what apple store to go to... either the one in ardmore, the one in kofp, or the one over in marlton (nj)... i think im gonna go with marlton.. i think that will be the shortest lines out of all of them... I dont want to go to an att store because apple usually does some good giveaways when they have a release like this.. im hoping i get a nice freebie

jimbot
Jun 19, 2007, 01:07 PM
i live right by king of prussia, i'll stop by a couple times on friday to see what kind of line there is

Aniej
Jun 19, 2007, 01:36 PM
hey, im from philly.. im am trying to figure out what apple store to go to... either the one in ardmore, the one in kofp, or the one over in marlton (nj)... i think im gonna go with marlton.. i think that will be the shortest lines out of all of them... I dont want to go to an att store because apple usually does some good giveaways when they have a release like this.. im hoping i get a nice freebie

I think your point is right abut the apple give away aspect. I live in CC phila. and am not really sure how long one would expect the drive to be to marlton other than what google maps says, but I'd rather have a real person like you who knows philly traffic tell m what the deal is?

i live right by king of prussia, i'll stop by a couple times on friday to see what kind of line there is

I am 100% going to the apple store in ardmore since it is a lot closer, but would you consider posting on MR what, if any, the lines are like at KOP. I am just curious to see if my choice was the right decision.

elg23
Jun 19, 2007, 01:43 PM
do you know where the tacony-palmyra bridge is? you take that over to jersey and follow 73 east and the apple store is right on that road in a shopping center... itll take about 20-30 minutes from the ne philly area... what part of cc are you from? you could go right up 95 to get to the bridge..

i am staying away from kofp... that mall is crowded all the time already.. the apple store is ALWAYS packed.. on a release like this, it will be madness.. the one in marlton is a bigger store (space wise) i think, and i think will have a much shorter line... the only thing kofp has thats better than marlton is that you would be waiting inside instead of outside..

Aniej
Jun 19, 2007, 01:47 PM
do you know where the tacony-palmyra bridge is? you take that over to jersey and follow 73 east and the apple store is right on that road in a shopping center... itll take about 20-30 minutes from the ne philly area... what part of cc are you from? you could go right up 95 to get to the bridge..

i am staying away from kofp... that mall is crowded all the time already.. the apple store is ALWAYS packed.. on a release like this, it will be madness.. the one in marlton is a bigger store (space wise), and i think will have a much shorter line...

I'm right in rittehouse square, so smack dab in the center of center city. I was contemplating AT&T stores, but your point about the apple give always is so true and it is really part of the experience. If ll else fails then maybe i'll go online and buy one and wait.

kyleman2k
Jun 19, 2007, 01:50 PM
I still am skeptical of there even being a line-Pending on how long it takes for activation.

Assuming there is a decent number in stock, the kop apple store is usually pretty good for quick sales. I remember getting an ipod there at christmas time two years ago and it only took 10 minutes. and i could be wrong but i think more people are interested in the ipod than the iphone.

Aniej
Jun 19, 2007, 01:52 PM
I still am skeptical of there even being a line-Pending on how long it takes for activation.

Assuming there is a decent number in stock, the kop apple store is usually pretty good for quick sales. I remember getting an ipod there at christmas time two years ago and it only took 10 minutes. and i could be wrong but i think more people are interested in the ipod than the iphone.

do you mean the iPod generally or a later revision of the iPod that will incorporate iPhone technology?

Core Trio
Jun 19, 2007, 02:01 PM
Im from jersey, I live about 3 minutes from the Marlton store and I can tell you right now the lines will NOT be short. Everytime I go in there that store is packed. I work on Rittenhouse Square so I'll probably be stopping by the AT&T store on 16th and market to check it out. I cant afford one right now but I'd love to get a few minutes with a display iphone (particularly to try out the keyboard)

btw, does anyone know anything about AT&T's international plans and if the iphone would work well globally (meaning including its features not just the phone). Im going to be taking a semester abroad in the UK this fall and my current LG with verizon will not work overseas under any circumstances.

jimbot
Jun 19, 2007, 02:09 PM
would you consider posting on MR what, if any, the lines are like at KOP. I am just curious to see if my choice was the right decision.

sure, i'll post in this thread. i'll be running around all day and plan on checking in a few hours or so.

Aniej
Jun 19, 2007, 02:14 PM
sure, i'll post in this thread. i'll be running around all day and plan on checking in a few hours or so.

You don't mean you are going to check in a few hours as in today right? I think you meant to say you plan to report in on macrumors every few hours?

jimbot
Jun 19, 2007, 02:18 PM
no, i'm just an idiot.. i meant every few hours that friday

Aniej
Jun 19, 2007, 02:18 PM
Im from jersey, I live about 3 minutes from the Marlton store and I can tell you right now the lines will NOT be short. Everytime I go in there that store is packed. I work on Rittenhouse Square so I'll probably be stopping by the AT&T store on 16th and market to check it out. I cant afford one right now but I'd love to get a few minutes with a display iphone (particularly to try out the keyboard)

btw, does anyone know anything about AT&T's international plans and if the iphone would work well globally (meaning including its features not just the phone). Im going to be taking a semester abroad in the UK this fall and my current LG with verizon will not work overseas under any circumstances.

at&t is gsm which is one of the important reasons apple went with them. I have never had at&t but most people say it is very good, the only complaints i have heard stem from poor customer service, which hopefully is being worked on.

I totally forgot about the 16th street store. I think I might head there too and check before heading out to apple in the burbs.

cjandnw
Jun 19, 2007, 03:20 PM
or the one over in marlton (nj)... i think im gonna go with marlton.. i think that will be the shortest lines out of all of them...

I said earlier that i was going to an AT&T store in Mt. Laurel, but the idea of give-aways intrigues me...
I may also go to the Apple store in Marlton, it's 5 minutes from my house. :D
I called both and they will def have the phone, but as yet had no further info.

elg23
Jun 19, 2007, 05:09 PM

I know that the Marlton store will have a line, but I think its a safe bet that the KofP store is better known than the Marlton one... I think the lines will be shorter in Marlton... Maybe Im wrong... Anyone?

Aniej
Jun 19, 2007, 05:12 PM
no i think you are correct in fact. just by way of kop being one of the largest malls in the country, close to phila. and easy access to the wealthiest community in pa and one of the wealthiest in the us.

nizz
Jun 19, 2007, 08:10 PM
prolly kop

cgingrich
Jun 19, 2007, 08:30 PM
I'm in West Chester...I'll be treking to the Christiana mall for a tax-free iPhone. KOP Apple store is ALWAYS packed so I bet it will be maddness for this. Then again, I've never been to the Christiana mall so who knows what that will be like....if worse comes to worse, I will hit up an AT&T store in Delaware.

cjandnw
Jun 19, 2007, 08:34 PM
I'm in West Chester...I'll be treking to the Christiana mall for a tax-free iPhone..

Tax Free...hmmm That's a $42 savings. I could use that for a case, xtra charger etc.
I'm only 40 minutes from Delaware. I could make a day out of it. The Christiana Mall is nice.:D :apple:

jemeinc
Jun 19, 2007, 08:36 PM
I have an AT&T store within 5 minutes from my house and an Apple store the same distance, but in the opposite direction of course.
I will go to the AT&T store 1st and, judging on the perceived wait time, stay or try the Apple store.
I feel more comfortable going to my AT&T store because the contract, sim card needs will probable go smoother. In my humble opinion or course.

I'm assuming you're talking about Sagemore? Where is the At&T store near there? Thanks..

cjandnw
Jun 19, 2007, 08:41 PM
I'm assuming you're talking about Sagemore? Where is the At&T store near there? Thanks..

The AT&T store is on Nixon Drive attached to the Best Buy building. It's between Moorestown Mall and I295.

jemeinc
Jun 19, 2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks.. How do I find a list of local AT&T stores?

milhous
Jun 19, 2007, 08:46 PM

i don't see why it wouldn't work since it's quad band gsm + edge. the only thing that probably won't work overseas is visual voicemail since that requires at&t's customized voicemail backend, UNLESS visual voicemail operates through the EDGE data connection via TCP/IP at which point if data access is available, that and the interweb should still work. this is all of course if you continue to use an at&t sim card.

that and of course need the power adapter plugs to plug into a european outlet, but you should be fine.

cjandnw
Jun 19, 2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks.. How do I find a list of local AT&T stores?

http://local.yahoo.com/results;_ylc=X3oDMTEwNTByOW5sBF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLXRhYgRzbGsDc3Bpcml0?stx=cingular&csz=Marlton%2C+NJ+08053&fr=yfp-t-501

http://local.yahoo.com/results;_ylt=AqggvKPGRMW7gSXTAKjL8OuHNcIF?stx=at%26t&csz=Marlton%2C+NJ+08053&fr=yfp-t-501

These should work for you.

jemeinc
Jun 19, 2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks.. Good luck in your search next Friday- I'll be hunting one down myself, so hopefully our area will have plenty..

milhous
Jun 19, 2007, 08:51 PM
and to answer the OP's question, i'm not sure if i'll be getting an iphone yet. but since i live on the mainline and closer to the kop mall, i'd probably go there or the at&t store that I believe is also at the mall.

$36 saved in taxes buy driving and buying in delaware doesn't seem worth it to me. buying a new computer on the other hand would.

milhous
Jun 19, 2007, 08:52 PM
oh and remember guys, only the company-owned at&t stores will have them, not authorized resellers. so make sure that the store you're going to is a company-owned store.

cjandnw
Jun 19, 2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks.. Good luck in your search next Friday- I'll be hunting one down myself, so hopefully our area will have plenty..

:)
Good luck and God speed.
Anyone want to buy a Treo 680...unlocked:p

elg23
Jun 20, 2007, 12:23 PM
i just hope traffic doesnt slow me up... especially if your going to kofp... i would try to be there by 430 at the latest, because if you leave at 4:30, you may not even make it there for the opening with how traffic flows around there... im sure 73 wont be much better... going westbound probably wont be bad, but leaving the city is gonna be tough.... especially on a friday... good luck everyone!

Squidly
Jun 20, 2007, 12:30 PM
I'm also in South Jersey. I guess I'll see you yahoos in line. :)

elg23
Jun 25, 2007, 10:40 AM
i have never been to the store in ardmore... is it pretty crowded most of the time... how do you guys think that one will turn out??

kyleman2k
Jun 25, 2007, 10:52 AM
Hmm...I was planning on going to KOP, but i do work out of west chester and never thought about treking down to the christiana mall. I definately want to go to an Apple store. The apple give aways are always fun-plus more mac geeks will be there-which can always be a good time.

I am banking on each store having around 150-200 iphones. KOP probably will have more than ardmore and marlton since its a much bigger store. I still think it's a stretch to think that there will be long lines for the iphone at least in the delco area. I'd expect lines in San Fran or even NYC, but Philly?
This isn't an xbox 360, ps3, or wii where shipments are limited and consumers have to compete with the bastards on ebay and craigslist buying them to resell.

If Apple expects to sell their projected 10 mill units than they know how important this first quarter is. So, there may be a (small) line at most Apple stores-but i will bet everyone who wants one on friday will be able to come home with one (and maybe one for the wife).

Aniej
Jun 25, 2007, 11:49 AM
i have never been to the store in ardmore... is it pretty crowded most of the time... how do you guys think that one will turn out??

ardmore is a great store with really friendly staff. it is interesting it is part o an open air mall, with tons of parking and awesome food and things to do. That is why I picked that location. It is easy to wait there if need be, tons of food and most importantly, is in a safe area that is not directly exposed to vehicle traffic like stores along the side of a road, all of which makes spending the day a lot easier, safer, and more enjoyable to do.

cgingrich
Jun 25, 2007, 11:49 AM
mapquesting west chester to christiana mall says about 36 minutes....not too bad at all. It takes you that long to get to KOP sometimes with traffic on 202

Aniej
Jun 25, 2007, 11:54 AM
if not way more, as in the weekly set of car and truck accidents that have shut 202 down.

elg23
Jun 25, 2007, 11:57 AM
and dont forget... its july 4th weekend... people will be leaving work early to hit the jersey shore... traffic is sure to be fun

crkfc
Jun 25, 2007, 11:58 AM
i'm from outside of philadelphia (bucks county). still not sure if i'm gonna go with the iphone or just stick with the cheap-o motorola i have right now. if a data plan is not required, i'm probably gonna get it.

i'll be heading to the oxford valley att store for mine if i do go for it.

chuise
Jun 25, 2007, 12:06 PM
The good thing about KOP is that you'll be out of the sun. The bad thing about KOP is that the store is small compared to the Suburban Square store (in terms of overall space), plus you have to deal with the mall traffic and the plethora of teenagers who are bound to be there on a Friday afternoon.

I'm going to take my chances at Suburban Square in Ardmore.

The thing I want to know is, what TIME do people plan on showing up for a 6PM launch?

:apple:

cowpaintings
Jun 25, 2007, 05:24 PM
I was thinking of trying a little known store that recently opened-there's a newer "official" att store near the home depot/old navy on columbus...figured that since its away from downtown and the malls it might be a little easier. I'm sure 200 other people are thinking the same thing.

iLunar
Jun 25, 2007, 05:29 PM
I'm still undecided about purchasing, so I may just wait a week or two after the initial reviews are in and all the information is available. If I do decide to buy one, I'm going to drive down to Christiana and get everything tax free. Its 40 bucks worth of savings, and its not too bad of a drive from Center City.

Aniej
Jun 25, 2007, 07:15 PM
I was thinking of trying a little known store that recently opened-there's a newer "official" att store near the home depot/old navy on columbus...figured that since its away from downtown and the malls it might be a little easier. I'm sure 200 other people are thinking the same thing.
I actually think this is the right move, and do not think 200 other people are looking to go there. It is a good pick and is where I would go if I were going to an AT&T store in Phila, but I am not so that's that.:D Anyway, I think the apple store's in our aire will be fine, corwded, but not insanse and well worth the trip for both the experience and the fun give aways.

cgingrich
Jun 25, 2007, 08:46 PM
I am definitely going to Christiana Mall...if the Apple store is crowded when I get there, there is also an AT&T store in the mall, so I figure there's a good chance. I'll be leaving here around noon so I figure I will get there around 1 at the latest. If there is no line, I will walk around the mall for a little. Anyone else going to DE? Also, what time is everyone planning on arriving at any of the stores in the greater Philadelphia region?

Wmusic
Jun 26, 2007, 12:12 AM
I was totally thinking about that store too! What time are you planning on going?

miriamhill
Jun 26, 2007, 01:33 PM
I was totally thinking about that store too! What time are you planning on going?
Hi. I"m a reporter for The Philadelphia Inquirer, and I"m trying to find people interested in buying or checking out the new iPhone Friday. If you fit the description, please call me at 215-854-5520 or e-mail me at hillmb@phillynews.com. Thanks.

Miriam Hill

elg23
Jun 26, 2007, 02:12 PM
well, since activation will be done thru itunes, seems like the lines will move much quicker than expected... i just hope that stock isnt an issue...

cgingrich
Jun 26, 2007, 06:27 PM
With the new AT&T iPhone locator, I am REALLY optimistic. There's about 20 stores in my area selling the phone, so they can't ALL be sold out lol. I think I will still go to the Apple store, just for the experience. If by the grace of god, I don't get one because they sell out, I'll hit up one of the 8 stores I pass on my way home haha.

Aniej
Jun 26, 2007, 10:58 PM
With the new AT&T iPhone locator, I am REALLY optimistic. There's about 20 stores in my area selling the phone, so they can't ALL be sold out lol. I think I will still go to the Apple store, just for the experience. If by the grace of god, I don't get one because they sell out, I'll hit up one of the 8 stores I pass on my way home haha.

what area are you referring to? KOP, Ardmore, Jersey?

Ploppy1987
Jun 26, 2007, 11:33 PM
I plan on spending the day at King of Prussia. I took off work.

Since my dad is paying for this, we are getting a family plan. I'm getting an iphone and he plans on getting a Razr.

So because of this I thought it would be best to go to a Cingular store since I have a more unique situation and to get the Razr activated.

My only regret is that i'll miss all the giveaways in the apple line.

Anyone else planning on waiting outside of the Cingular near JCPenny? I talked to them the other day and they are closing at 4:30 and planning on having a line.

xfsasx
Jun 27, 2007, 08:44 AM
im going to a little hole i in the wall place inside a grocery store it was listed as having the iphone service so i 'm gonna try there or i might be going to the Lehigh valley mall cause there is a big att store there and then one across the street so there is a good chance. I wanted to go to KOP but it seems a lot of people are going ing and i just want my iphone. Now i have a questiion maybe you guys can help with
since the credit is done through itunes what happens if you need a deposit? do you have to pay up front or will it show up on your first bill?

AriX
Jun 27, 2007, 12:50 PM
I live close to both Suburban Square and King of Prussia, but I prefer Suburban Square. Unfortunately I am pretty sure that I am not going to by an iPhone though :(

Aniej
Jun 27, 2007, 01:45 PM
im going to a little hole i in the wall place inside a grocery store it was listed as having the iphone service so i 'm gonna try there or i might be going to the Lehigh valley mall cause there is a big att store there and then one across the street so there is a good chance. I wanted to go to KOP but it seems a lot of people are going ing and i just want my iphone. Now i have a questiion maybe you guys can help with
since the credit is done through itunes what happens if you need a deposit? do you have to pay up front or will it show up on your first bill?

the at&t bill is separate from any iTunes bills, which are only implicated when you buy a traditional downloadable item. the service and associated costs are charged by way of at&t's bill.

cgingrich
Jun 27, 2007, 03:45 PM
what area are you referring to? KOP, Ardmore, Jersey?

I live in West Chester and will be heading to Christiana Mall in Delaware to purchase my phone.

Wmusic
Jun 27, 2007, 06:17 PM
Anyone going to the U Penn AT&T store?

Aniej
Jun 27, 2007, 07:13 PM

A few people spoke about that today. Here is what we essentially came away with. Penn is filled, even in the summer, with tons and tons of wealthy tech savvy 20 somethings, all of which are apple's key demographic.

I originally thought that store was interesting b/c it was a bit away from cc, but as I thought about it more and used at&t's iPhone location map and walked over to check it out, I realized a few things I really really didin't like about that shop, in addition to what I just mentioned.

To start, the store is really small. Next not that we need to camp out in Philly for an iPhone, but even waiting for a good portion of the day is not really such a fun idea up in west philly, not to mention then walking out with the $600 item. Plus paring at Penn is a pain in the butt, just as bad as 16th, but the new store is part of the strip mall area down there so there is easy parking. That's why I agree with the post above that the new at&t location by Del. Ave. is a much better idea because it avoids the Penn crowd, is larger and newer, and still gives you easier access to get to the 16th street store or ardmore. Hope that helps. Will we see you at the new at&t store, it is always good to meet up with MR people since you can be a bit more confident they are really into Apple and not just looking to sell the thing.

angrygolfer
Jun 28, 2007, 08:07 AM
Hi all! So I have basically read through this entire thread and no one has mentioned camping out. Does anyone think that's necessary? I was one of the idiots that camped out at a Circuit City the night before release for an Xbox 360. It was a good thing I did because you couldn't find them. I am just afraid of the same thing happening. I am basically a gadget whore so I have to have this day one. Even if I don't like it and I end up returning it, I have to have it day one!!!

Aniej
Jun 28, 2007, 08:25 AM
Hi all! So I have basically read through this entire thread and no one has mentioned camping out. Does anyone think that's necessary? I was one of the idiots that camped out at a Circuit City the night before release for an Xbox 360. It was a good thing I did because you couldn't find them. I am just afraid of the same thing happening. I am basically a gadget whore so I have to have this day one. Even if I don't like it and I end up returning it, I have to have it day one!!!

I would suggest checking out just about any of the other threads on this forum as I cannot even being to tell you how many times camping out has been discussed, and with the exclusion of a very very few people who are for the most part in areas like NYC, Chicago, SF, etc there is not going to be tons of camping out. This is big, but not as far reaching as a game system.

Cubert
Jun 28, 2007, 11:27 AM
I live up on Fairmount next to the prison. There is an AT&T store on 20th or 21st near JFK. I plan on going over there just to watch the chaos!

:D

Nutzoids
Jun 28, 2007, 01:59 PM
I don't think we need to worry about camping out... I will heading over to Delaware Tomorrow right after work! Save me some Tax!

Aniej
Jun 28, 2007, 02:08 PM
I don't think we need to worry about camping out... I will heading over to Delaware Tomorrow right after work! Save me some Tax!

wait does philadelphia have some sort of high tax structure or something...;) :D

Aniej
Jun 28, 2007, 04:59 PM
anyone at any of the stores (apple or at&t) now? if not anyone thinking of camping? Thank g-d i'm not in nyc where you need to camp out for this thing.

designsynergy
Jun 28, 2007, 06:27 PM
Here I started this thread and haven't been on in like a week - work sucks :mad:

I'm thinking of heading to the Ardmore Apple Store tommorrow, but I don't know when I'll be getting there. Thought about Christiana, but I tihnk the time and gas would overshadow the tax savings :)

xfsasx
Jun 28, 2007, 07:05 PM
i was afraid that i needed to camp out because i hear there are people camping out in front of the att stores in Lehigh Valley. So im worried that i might not get one but im thinking that if i go to the apple store in KOP that i will have a better chance since they are supposed to have 1500. Whos going to KOP? We can have a macrurmors meetup!! Do you think i have a good chance on getting one tomorrow? I'm getting off work at 2 or 3 and heading down so should be there by 3 or 4

cgingrich
Jun 28, 2007, 07:32 PM
Wow, I just realized that I finally have a good reason for living on the East coast haha we get the phone early!

Aniej
Jun 28, 2007, 08:15 PM
i was afraid that i needed to camp out because i hear there are people camping out in front of the att stores in Lehigh Valley. So im worried that i might not get one but im thinking that if i go to the apple store in KOP that i will have a better chance since they are supposed to have 1500. Whos going to KOP? We can have a macrurmors meetup!! Do you think i have a good chance on getting one tomorrow? I'm getting off work at 2 or 3 and heading down so should be there by 3 or 4

KOP is one of the largest malls in the nation, it will have a very significant supply allocated to it if the distribution is, as both apple and att have said, based on demographic considerations. You might have a lot of people there and perhaps even a line, but I would be very surprised if you didn't walk out the door with a new iPhone. Most of the "my store is getting 12-24 iPhones" are 14 year old kids who get all worked up and listen to anything and then blow it out of proportion. That's not to say all 14 year olds are like that so don't take it as a slam if you happen to be young.

xfsasx
Jun 28, 2007, 08:20 PM
im 22 but i get what your saying.....good so i can stop stressing!!!!!

jimbot
Jun 28, 2007, 10:38 PM
apple is giving out the vibe that there won't be a shortage

am i in denial? i really can't believe that there will be a huge long line at KoP.. i picture the transaction going pretty quickly, especially for credit card holders.

elg23
Jun 29, 2007, 08:36 AM
good luck to every1 today!

chuise
Jun 29, 2007, 10:15 AM
Just in case people haven't had a chance to catch the news... Around 20 people are camping in Ardmore. I'm going to drive by in about an hour to check out the situation. I think I would much rather stand around inside KoP in the air conditioning.

designsynergy
Jun 29, 2007, 10:28 AM
chuise - thanks for the update on the Ardmore store - that's where I would be waiting.

Funny how Friday, June 29th has been clear on my schedule for 6 months and 2 days before something comes up at the exact same time as the release.

I'll be working (and making a few bucks) with ESPN at the Philly Soul Play-off game tonight. Speeding back to Ardmore or KOP after the game with my fingers crossed there are some 8GB models left.

Think I made the right decision? :confused:

chuise
Jun 29, 2007, 10:43 AM
... with my fingers crossed there are some 8GB models left. Think I made the right decision? :confused:

I'm picking up an 8GB model myself. Just seems to make the most sense when you factor in movies, shows, music, pics, and e-mail. I live really close to both stores, so I'm going to go check out KoP and see if there is a line. I wonder if they have free wi-fi there? I might bring the MBP to post updates.

Good luck.

designsynergy
Jun 29, 2007, 11:22 AM
From what I understand there is a line with about 40 people in it at KOP (reported at about 10:30am) and there are tapping into their Wi-Fi network - not sure if it will reach to #50 in line :)

I am definitely doing the 8GB, so I have my fingers crossed they have some left later tonight. I think it would be more depressing to get there and find out that all they have is 4GB models :(

mhannis
Jun 29, 2007, 11:55 AM
From what I understand there is a line with about 40 people in it at KOP (reported at about 10:30am) and there are tapping into their Wi-Fi network - not sure if it will reach to #50 in line :)

I am definitely doing the 8GB, so I have my fingers crossed they have some left later tonight. I think it would be more depressing to get there and find out that all they have is 4GB models :(

Keep us posted... I'm still at work but I'll be stopping into KOP @ around 3.

SC68Cal
Jun 29, 2007, 01:33 PM

Going to swing by it as we speak. Going to probably take pictures, though I doubt it'll be busy.

sneaksleep
Jun 29, 2007, 02:02 PM
According to my husband, who is currently in line at the Christiana Mall, there are less than 50 people in line at the Apple Store, and only around 10 at the AT&T store. (As of 2:30pm) So it's looking like we'll have no trouble getting ours! :)

jv-iphone
Jun 29, 2007, 02:12 PM
According to my husband, who is currently in line at the Christiana Mall, there are less than 50 people in line at the Apple Store, and only around 10 at the AT&T store. (As of 2:30pm) So it's looking like we'll have no trouble getting ours! :)

Can you keep us updated.. It is 3 now, Im wondering how many phones the apple store got, my friend who works at the cingular store told me 12-24 so basically around 2 cartons, I will be heading after work at 5, hopefully the wait won't be too long. If not Im going to order online at 9 PM with overnight shipping.

sneaksleep
Jun 29, 2007, 02:38 PM
As of now (3:30pm) there are about 60 people in line at the Apple Store, and the store is giving them all bottles of water. Still no word on how many units they have, but they certainly aren't discouraging any of the people at the back of the line from waiting.

jv-iphone
Jun 29, 2007, 02:41 PM
As of now (3:30pm) there are about 60 people in line at the Apple Store, and the store is giving them all bottles of water. Still no word on how many units they have, but they certainly aren't discouraging any of the people at the back of the line from waiting.

That is looking promising, we will see how many after 4:30 and I might have a shot, Im hoping they have several hundered, being the only apple store in the delaware area, Im sure they will have somewhere in the 500-1500 range that most stores are carrying.

brendte
Jun 29, 2007, 02:47 PM
Anyone have an update on KOP lines? I'm thinking AT&T stores (one of the two) myself, but not sure.

jv-iphone
Jun 29, 2007, 03:31 PM

Sneak, any latest line news?

sneaksleep
Jun 29, 2007, 03:45 PM
About 100 people in line now at Christiana, I hear.

sneaksleep
Jun 29, 2007, 03:46 PM
About 100 people in line now at Christiana, I hear. And they're treating everyone to free Starbucks.

SC68Cal
Jun 29, 2007, 03:59 PM
posting my photos from my swing by the University City AT&T store in Philadelphia, PA.

http://seanmcollins.com/iviewjournal/

sneaksleep
Jun 29, 2007, 04:06 PM
Well, no further updates from me. Sorry, but it's time for me to head home. Good luck to everyone tonight!

p0intblank
Jun 30, 2007, 12:08 AM
What a great day today was! My mom and I camped at the Christiana Mall outside the Apple Store and we met some great people. It really was a great time! For anyone who went there, where were you line? I may have talked to you and not even realized it. I was the person in a black Apple Store, Fifth Avenue shirt with a camcorder.

Also if you're wondering, I did get lots of footage. The video will be on YouTube within a few days. Congrats to everyone who acquired an iPhone! They seemed to have plenty to go around.

iSurvived iDay! :D

crkfc
Jun 30, 2007, 07:02 AM
the oxford valley mall att store had about 50 iphones. i got there at 4:15 and was about 27th in line. got one!

pdnellius
Jun 30, 2007, 08:13 AM
So did everywhere sell out or not? I was at an ATT store about 1:20 mins after the launch and they were out... what about apple stores??

kyleman2k
Jun 30, 2007, 11:12 AM
After deciding that I wasn't going to get one until the second generation I happened to go to the KOP mall in search of something else entirely. From the other end of the mall, I heard the hurrah at 6:00pm.

I finished shopping and was on my way out when my curiosity kicked in. I wonder if the line is still long? I wondered over to the store and as I predicted in a recent thread-there was only 10 or so people in line, I qued up.

Walking into the store I told the apple dude that I was only "looking" and he sent me to a little demo area in the corner. I stayed in that damn spot for a good 20 min. Like a kid on christmas I played with each feature, looked through every setting, called 4 people, and typed an endless amount of messages.

Needless to say, I got one-best decision ever. However, for some damn reason I never updated to tiger-don't ask-I never needed it. My G5 ran awesome on 10.3 and never took the time to do it.

So, until tomorrow when my copy of tiger comes in all I can do is look at it.

p0intblank
Jun 30, 2007, 12:13 PM
After deciding that I wasn't going to get one until the second generation I happened to go to the KOP mall in search of something else entirely. From the other end of the mall, I heard the hurrah at 6:00pm.

I finished shopping and was on my way out when my curiosity kicked in. I wonder if the line is still long? I wondered over to the store and as I predicted in a recent thread-there was only 10 or so people in line, I qued up.

Walking into the store I told the apple dude that I was only "looking" and he sent me to a little demo area in the corner. I stayed in that damn spot for a good 20 min. Like a kid on christmas I played with each feature, looked through every setting, called 4 people, and typed an endless amount of messages.

Needless to say, I got one-best decision ever. However, for some damn reason I never updated to tiger-don't ask-I never needed it. My G5 ran awesome on 10.3 and never took the time to do it.

So, until tomorrow when my copy of tiger comes in all I can do is look at it.

Great post! Your story alone proves the iPhone is guaranteed to impress visitors; and hopefully they'll have the "gotta have it now" feeling. :D

Very nice.

p0intblank
Jul 2, 2007, 11:12 AM
For anyone who went to the Christiana Mall, here's my video of the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKfeu2sLJNc

Let me know if you were there!

cgingrich
Jul 2, 2007, 04:40 PM
Checking out your video now. I was at Christiana Mall. I remember seeing you, I was behind you with a green "Greene Turtle" Shirt on.

designsynergy
Jul 6, 2007, 11:01 PM
Well... it's been exactly 1 week (12:01 am) since I walked out of the Apple store in King of Prussia with my new iPhone in hand.

Yes, for those that were following the thread a week ago I did end up working the Philly Soul game - they won! Afterward I hauling a$$ up to KOP to purchase an 8GB 20 minutes before midnight.

After a week of playing with it, I can say I am in love with this thing :p

So how did everyone else fair? Did everybody get their hands on an iPhone?

designsynergy
Jul 24, 2007, 10:56 AM
Guess everybody is too busy playing with their iPhones :D

crkfc
Jul 24, 2007, 12:48 PM
Guess everybody is too busy playing with their iPhones :D

i am extremely satisfied with the phone. even with all the things it doesnt do, i can overlook that because everything it does do works flawlessly (except for the occasional ipod or safari crash). the keyboard is nice, the internet is great, maps have definitely been the killer app for me. youtube is well implemented as well. how's it going for you?

Macrecycling1
Jul 28, 2007, 05:19 PM
Does anybody knows where can I buy apple iphone parts?