PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: St. Louis, MO

Mydel
Jun 18, 2007, 02:48 PM
Just wonder how many people from St.Louis area are gonna go to Apple store in Galeria on 29th to get an iPhone...:rolleyes:

iPhonePlaya
Jun 18, 2007, 03:12 PM
im in st.louis and im thinking about goin on the 29th but id probably go to the apple store in west county cz its closer...i'll probably go there and if its too crazy i'll probably just leave and wait for the whole thing to die down

Mydel
Jun 20, 2007, 12:57 PM
wow! i knew that St.Louis is in the middle of nowhere but only one person???:confused:

Jayrod
Jun 20, 2007, 01:54 PM
wow! i knew that St.Louis is in the middle of nowhere but only one person???:confused:

Well, on the plus side, there will be no need to wait in long lines!

I lived in St. Louis for awhile (Creve Coeur). I love that city.

tobefirst
Jun 20, 2007, 02:02 PM
I will NOT be going to get the iPhone any time soon. I will soon have a mortgage to eat up all of my now disposable income. But I wish you guys the best of luck in securing one.

yg17
Jun 20, 2007, 02:13 PM
If I get bored enough, I may drop buy and laugh at all you poor suckers as you sign yourself into a 2 year contract with AT&T who absolutely blows in St. Louis :D

Nah, just kidding. Have fun with the dropped calls and static though.

iPhonePlaya
Jun 20, 2007, 02:20 PM
well i guess we wont have that hard of a time trying to get one

and i have at&t in st.louis now and i have no problems with it so idk what your talking about

Mydel
Jun 20, 2007, 02:39 PM
We don't know if 2 year contract would be necessary. hope not cos that would be a dealbraker for me. not gonna pay some crazy roaming charges 6 months a year:mad:
Im on the AT&T now (prepaid) and has no problems with static and dropped calls.......Anyway gonna go 29th ( My birthday :p ) to take a look at iphone, and maybe will make myself a present.

Alphadorian
Jun 25, 2007, 10:39 AM
Me and friend will be going up to the Apple Store at West County Mall around noon and get in line...(if there even is one).

ziggyonice
Jun 25, 2007, 11:17 AM
being a college kid, it's going to be a little difficult to purchase one on june 29th. but i'm going up to west county w/ the girlfriend, just to wait in line, i want to see this thing!

iPhonePlaya
Jun 25, 2007, 12:08 PM
do u guys think there will be lines at west county? i just really can't imagine that happening (well i dont want it to happen):D

lines arent that fun i waited for like 20 hrs outside the hill billy south county wal mart in december in the freezing cold for a nintendo wii i dont want to wait in line lol

TheBobcat
Jun 25, 2007, 12:25 PM
The front page lists this as St. Louis, MI.

I was like :eek: , a whole thread for that little town..?

zap2
Jun 25, 2007, 12:28 PM
If I get bored enough, I may drop buy and laugh at all you poor suckers as you sign yourself into a 2 year contract with AT&T who absolutely blows in St. Louis :D

Nah, just kidding. Have fun with the dropped calls and static though.

Shocked you put your 2 cents in ;)

Really, this is the thread were you belong :p

Littleodie914
Jun 25, 2007, 12:35 PM
The front page lists this as St. Louis, MI.

I was like :eek: , a whole thread for that little town..?Haha yea, I was thining the same thing. :rolleyes:

snoslicer8
Jun 25, 2007, 02:00 PM
I'll be going on Friday, but I'll be at the Cingular/AT&T Store...need to sign up for new service on a family plan with only one iPhone. Switching from T-Mo, hope this isn't a bad idea.

geerlingguy
Jun 25, 2007, 04:02 PM
I won't be going to the Apple Store until later next week, when some of the hubbub dies down - I want to see an iPhone, but I still have another year left on my contract with U.S. Cellular (and plenty of time to think about my next phone).

AT&T actually has pretty good service coverage in St. Louis - until last summer, I had a Nokia 6100 series phone with AT&T, and only had bad service way out in West County, down 40. But I'm sure, with all the development happening there, that there's a few new cell towers now.

SoSTL
Jun 25, 2007, 09:15 PM
I'll be going on Friday, but I'll be at the Cingular/AT&T Store...need to sign up for new service on a family plan with only one iPhone. Switching from T-Mo, hope this isn't a bad idea.

Same case here. I hope they support iphones on a family plan.

hobbbz
Jun 26, 2007, 01:56 PM
I'll be in line with my GF who is getting one that day with me getting mine soon after. There is an apple store and an ATT store in the galleria so i don't think there will be many lines. esp. considering this dismal forum turnout.
Nice to see some stl peeps though.

noriyori
Jun 26, 2007, 05:18 PM
I'm going out to grab one.

My SE w610 stopped turning on a couple months ago so I got a $20 POS to tide me over.
Good to see as being a current customer, it's only a $20 increase for services. I checked into the unlimited data plan last year and they wanted $40 for it...:mad:

I was planning to go to the west county apple store as they probably have the most units... not sure now though. I may have better luck elsewhere.

maybe just stop by the at&t locations and check on my way out there.

glad I'm not in new york!

noriyori
Jun 27, 2007, 04:43 PM
WOW! watching this forum stagnate over the past couple days is looking like the chances of grabbing an iphone in STL are pretty good...:D

geerlingguy
Jun 27, 2007, 07:15 PM
WOW! watching this forum stagnate over the past couple days is looking like the chances of grabbing an iphone in STL are pretty good...:D

I think so. I would guess the West County store will be the place to go if you actually want to try it out and have a little quality time with it. If you go to the Galleria (besides having to wait for the 40 traffic!) you might see a ton of teens/fashionistas gaggling over it.

It was really funny tonight when I went to dinner with a priest friend, who is anything but a techie, and he started discussing when he's getting an iPhone... he said the iPhone's monthly plan is better than what he has right now, and he wants to get the iPhone as soon as the kinks are worked out!

akakillroy
Jun 28, 2007, 09:34 AM
Greetings, My First post. Normally i am a spectator ;-)

I live in the Alton/Wood River area. I am interested in getting a iPhone but I am not sure if I would be better off going to an AT&T store (Closer to me) or going out to the WC or the Gal. So anyone on this side of the river?

noriyori
Jun 28, 2007, 01:42 PM
Greetings, My First post. Normally i am a spectator ;-)

I live in the Alton/Wood River area. I am interested in getting a iPhone but I am not sure if I would be better off going to an AT&T store (Closer to me) or going out to the WC or the Gal. So anyone on this side of the river?

My guess is an apple store. I've heard reports of AT&T locations only getting 70-90 units. probably lower numbers like 40-50 in our area.

I'm going to the WC apple store mostly for the experience. (I've never lined up to buy anything before) plus they'll probably have more along the lines of 1000-1500 units.

ziggyonice
Jun 28, 2007, 06:27 PM
i went to the grand opening of the galleria apple store (1st in line!), so i'm hoping to somewhat relive that experience tomorrow. not sure what time to get there though...

akakillroy
Jun 28, 2007, 06:57 PM
Any confirmations yet if there are any lines at the Gal or WC?

How about any of the AT&T stores, I live way to far away to do a drive by ;-)

iPhonePlaya
Jun 28, 2007, 07:47 PM
do you guys think it will be hard to get one in st.louis?

i mean there are a ton of att stores and then the 2 apple stores
i just cant picture people waiting in line
but if there is a line i will be in it lol ;)

geerlingguy
Jun 29, 2007, 03:01 PM
do you guys think it will be hard to get one in st.louis?

i mean there are a ton of att stores and then the 2 apple stores
i just cant picture people waiting in line
but if there is a line i will be in it lol ;)

I'm sure a line is forming as we speak (or, uh, type...). I was at both stores' grand openings, as well as at the West County 10.3 party, and the Galleria 10.4 party—there were always lines... and very long ones at that!

I wonder if there will be any freebies or givaways tonight.

xtremesq
Jun 29, 2007, 03:30 PM
Lines are forming at the West County mall store. I have a store here and see the crowd!!!!

hobbbz
Jun 29, 2007, 04:19 PM
Size?

meporter
Jun 29, 2007, 04:20 PM
I am #74 and was told by the store manager I was guaranteed to get 2. There are about 10-12 ppl behind me.

hobbbz
Jun 29, 2007, 04:30 PM
not to be greedy but could you give a size estimate like, every 10 mins or so? I am headed out there but can't leave until about 5:00 and 40 will be a mess.

mactodd
Jun 29, 2007, 04:34 PM
The AT&T store in Waterloo has just closed, set to reopen at 6:00 pm and there are a total of 7 of us in line, and I'm number one! I showed up at 3:55pm.

Had to add this quote: Someone just came up and we told them they were closed because of the iPhone going on sale. She said, "iPhone? What's that?" We're definitely in Waterloo...

iPhonePlaya
Jun 29, 2007, 11:39 PM
i went to the att store in south county off lindbergh around 2 and was 5th in line
everyone there got one easy i think when i left there were 50 people behind me everyone got one
very smooth great experience

noriyori
Jun 30, 2007, 02:20 AM
i went to the att store in south county off lindbergh around 2 and was 5th in line
everyone there got one easy i think when i left there were 50 people behind me everyone got one
very smooth great experience

I had a great experience at the WC apple store. I was about #60 in line and no problems. My dad, who I was trying to get a hold of to see if I should get him one, waited at the chesterfield mall ATT&T store and was #15 in line, but they only got 20 units and was unable to get a 8Gig. so... he drove to the WC apple store and picked up two. at about 6:45!!

I'm really glad apple planned appropriately for this and didn't create some over-priced after-market industry like the wii and ps3.

geerlingguy
Jun 30, 2007, 03:03 PM
I had a great experience at the WC apple store. I was about #60 in line and no problems. My dad, who I was trying to get a hold of to see if I should get him one, waited at the chesterfield mall ATT&T store and was #15 in line, but they only got 20 units and was unable to get a 8Gig. so... he drove to the WC apple store and picked up two. at about 6:45!!

I'm really glad apple planned appropriately for this and didn't create some over-priced after-market industry like the wii and ps3.

I'm pretty sure they're still available at both St. Louis stores, and at a few AT&T locations.

Deefuzz
Jul 23, 2007, 02:43 PM
I was out of town at the time but would have loved to be there for the experience. I can't get an iPhone until December but would have still shown up to hang out.

So there are no more stories or pictures from this event? I would love to see/hear more.